• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

Shell casings discharge?

Prototype

I'm looking for a ladies 380 cwp piece that has a reliable right side discharge to not involve shooter interference of hot casing's falling in some very bad spots!

Any advice is greatly appreciated because she has more invested under her t shirt than I have in my stroker.

FYI, she plugs a quarter 4 of 6 at 30 feet with my sw 629 but it's not purse friendly and neither is my taurus which ejects casings in some bad spots for ladies.

Prototype

Thanks,

We are looking at 20-40 feet maximum range with a 3-5 inch spread. And proper ladies casing discharge is a must!

Hog Guts

The nicest one I have personally shot for a lady is the sig p238 go hold one and try the action at a gun store you may agree....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bman

http://youtu.be/N2TBX5BXUrM

Here's a video with the common 380 carry guns being reviewed.

jaxduramax

My LGS sells out of the G42s pretty fast so they are still going for sticker price. No blue labels yet either for those that qualify. I want one just because. Wife has a Keltc PF9. It eats Winchester white box like it's going out of style, no ftf or fte in years since break in. It ejects wide right as she has the same concerns as your lady. Made in Florida. Support your local economy. She disliked my P238 based on the thumb safety and the associated pains.

DDSBC

My S&W 642 Airweight has never sent a hot case down my shirt in the 8 years we've been friends. I've never had a fail to feed, fire or eject. It may only hold 5 rounds but in the event I ever have a dud round in a time of crisis no tap, rack, bang process need be remembered because another instinctive pull of the trigger is all that's needed to send the next bullet to get the job done. If a J frame isn't her thing and she's looking for a .380 my wife personally loves her Kahr P380. I had a Kel-Tec P3AT and she didn't like the feel of it in her hands. I loved the feel of it but mine had all kinds of FTF and FTE problems no matter what ammo. My dad bought one around the same time as me and his works great so if you get a Kel-Tec do some fluff and buff to it and run a bunch of the ammo you plan to carry through it to make sure it will eat it without fussing. I haven't owned or shot a Glock 42 but every other Glock I've owned or shot has performed flawless besides a very old and neglected Glock 22.

Attachments

• kahr.jpg
    kahr.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 5,527
  • s&w.jpg
    s&w.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 5,527

Blackcoffee

Kel-Tec failed for me, the spring came out the guide rod hole and FTF. I like the S&W revolver mentioned and the S&W Shield in 9MM

Prototype

Hog Guts said:
The nicest one I have personally shot for a lady is the sig p238 go hold one and try the action at a gun store you may agree....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny?

I just found one! It's one of the originals in SS from the old country, Price tag to match? We have a range appt!

DDSBC- Yep I tried and thought maybe just an old 38 police special would fit the bill. They are getting very rare. We have tried the Taurus 85 and a SW 357 mag and a 629 44. Nothing fits so far other than I know she needs at least a 2 inch barrel and weights less than 3 pounds and if she is willing to go 380SA, it needs to discharge correctly.

fl cracker

A .38 revolver would be the absolute worst fire arm possible to give a women. 5 rounds? Hard double action pull only ? She wouldn't be able to hit the side of a barn with that thing. That's why police don't carry that garbage anymore. Give here a fighting chance with a better option. Check out the 42, even better check out the G26 which holds 10 rounds of 9mm ( twice the fire power then the wheel gun)Get a gen 4 which come with 3 different size back straps to adjust the grip size. You won't find a better pistol for the price!

DDSBC

fl cracker said:
A .38 revolver would be the absolute worst fire arm possible to give a women. 5 rounds? Hard double action pull only ? She wouldn't be able to hit the side of a barn with that thing. That's why police don't carry that garbage anymore. Give here a fighting chance with a better option. Check out the 42, even better check out the G26 which holds 10 rounds of 9mm ( twice the fire power then the wheel gun)Get a gen 4 which come with 3 different size back straps to adjust the grip size. You won't find a better pistol for the price!

Well fl cracker this gun proves not everyone thinks like you. It's the S&W 642LS "Lady Smith"

Attachments

• s&w lady.jpg
    s&w lady.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 5,194

fl cracker

Hey don't get upset because you own a lady's gun lol I'm just saying compact wheel guns are not a very good choice for self defense Especially for untrained shooter.

DDSBC

fl cracker said:
Hey don't get upset because you own a lady's gun lol I'm just saying compact wheel guns are not a very good choice for self defense Especially for untrained shooter.

Guess I set myself up for that one. :lol:

Mitch James

Sig P232 has my vote out of my carry guns. Could use to be a bit narrower and not a fan of the bottom mag release but with accuracy should not need a second magazine. To each his own though.

Prototype

I can't exclude a good 38! Its a good round and readily available. 380 I have very little experience with! It's like a step up from a 32 which I do like but also getting uncommon. Training is not an issue. Function and fit is!

She handles a 6 pound 44 better than most gents!

DDSBC

Prototype said:
I can't exclude a good 38! Its a good round and readily available. 380 I have very little experience with! It's like a step up from a 32 which I do like but also getting uncommon. Training is not an issue. Function and fit is!

She handles a 6 pound 44 better than most gents!

I'm not doubting your wife's abilities so shoot a heavy .44 caliber revolver but I don't think S&W makes a model 629 that even weighs 4 pounds. Six pounds would be 96 ounces! That thing would be a beast. On the other hand recoil shouldn't be to bad with a lead cannon like that.

Whitebear

Silent Prop
R. I. P.
Shell casing trajectory is the issue here. To a point that can be altered some with nearly any auto loader, however, when it is an issue for the lady, a wheel gun simply can not be beat. Remember that for personal defense its going to be up close and very personal not across the street or parking lot. I would guess 10' or less. Even an un or not well trained person can hit a man sized target with a wheel gun at 7-10'. Now that doesn't mean don't get training and shoot a lot. The more training and the more you shoot the safer and better shot you will become. Also with the more experience you may develop preferences but in the long run of it the better you are with it the less difference it will make WHICH particular gun you have in your hands. Were not talking combat or open ware fare here, were talking staying alive up close. Just my take on it anyway. Training and practice is always cheaper than a funeral or long hospital stay. Get them ladies out to the range often and get them practicing proper methods and practices. Its not something that will come reading the print and pictures, you need to get them burning powder and slinging lead, and a lot of it. :thumbleft: