• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in, send request for help to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

slick bottom, frog spit, etc....

randy966

I would definitely get some from Bobby Jones Jr at Predator airboats. That stuff is SLICK!!!!
863-557-0098

yobee

A lot of people praise quickslick so it must be good. I personally have experience with frogspit and I put 2 gallons on a 13' hull and still running good, Im not scared to climb a fallen tree or go over sand or anything. I run my boat like I got poly LOL! (Honestly it is time for poly, but the frogspit definitely impressed me!) A lot of the manufacturers carry it and can probably ship it.

BigRon

Another good person to call is Ian at Bullfrog Marine 863-245-3618. He and Ron Porter build boats and specialize in Frog Spit. It is good stuff. Give all these guys a call and get prices and see who has the best deal and can ship to you. Good Luck man. You might also try GTO Airboats 352-401-9070. They are another great place to do business with.

Southern Style

Am I correct in saying that QuickSlick is made for BARE hulls and Frog Spit can be applied to POLYMERE ?......................

If this is true, might want to find out what he has on the bottom..... I am looking for compound for Polymere bottom... I used to put Frog Spit on my old hull, got it from Hamants years ago........

John C

Quickslick, Frogspit, and others are sprayed on or rolled on to the bare hull. Poly is rivited or bolted/screwed on. You either use some kind of slick bottom, or poly (one or the other) . You don't use a paint on bottom with poly.

Southern Style

John C... Hamant Airboats actually sold something that you rolled onto Polymere. Did not last real long, but it would make it slicker.. Not to good for sand, but for water and grass, it was great for a short time. I rolled it on a boat years ago and put it on the 2x4 runners on the trailer as well. Well, when I loaded it back up, the dang thing took off, hit the front bump stop and threw me into the bed of my truck.. Might be of another name, but there is something you roll on polymere, and thought it was Frog Spit.....

bugkiller86

Thanks for all the help. I have talked to almost everyone yall have mentioned today and no one can ship it. Something like hazardus chemicals. So the next question is?... Who is closest to me in georgia? Im an hour north of the florida line if your on I-75. I have a bare fiberglass hull.

bmartin103

bugkiller86 said:
Thanks for all the help. I have talked to almost everyone yall have mentioned today and no one can ship it. Something like hazardus chemicals. So the next question is?... Who is closest to me in georgia? Im an hour north of the florida line if your on I-75. I have a bare fiberglass hull.

Most likely it going to be GTO in Ocala. Their address is 4600 W Highway 326 Ocala.

I live just south of ocala. I can make it to the GA FL line on I 75 in about 1.5 hrs so you are looking at about a 2.5 hr drive each way.

yobee

GTO is in Ocala in eye sight of I75 and I know they carry frogspit (bought it there myself) Give em a call in advance. Also if you need help Ron Porters number is on the can and he'll tell ya exactly what to do. Good folks for sure.

billybob

GTO also carries Quickslick I believe. I also think Dantheairboatman carries it, and Jimmy White. I think those two guys are even closer than GTO if Im not mistaken. You can find them on here. Put three gallons on and you will be good to go for a while! Call Brian and i am sure he can get you hooked up with the closest dealer.

josh_2562

229)246-5760 778 WOODHULL ROAD, BAINBRIDGE, GA 39819

This is his page http://dixonairboats0.tripod.com/contactu.htm

Hope it helps

Jabroni

call these people to see what u get a quote to ship it www.rlcarriers.com it shouldnt be hazmat cause your not getting but 2 or 3 cans

bugkiller86

Thanks everyone. I called paul dixon this morning and he dosent sell his slick bottom but he will apply it for me if I wanted. But I was wanting to do it myself for the learning. Im new and am trying to learn and do as much for myself as I can. I am almost done with my doat and the bottom is ab the only thing I havent done. Thanks again for all the help. Maybe ill get some without having to do to much driving.