• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

steel flex vs steel flex 2000

david

could you guys tell me the difference between the two. I just want to put some on my aluminum hull before i put poly on. Could i just put the steel flex on and save myself the 50 dollars vs steel flex 2000

I don't understand why you would want to put it on if your going to put poly on, but maybe I misunderstood. Mike Thurman might know the differance between the two. I thought I read somewhere that the 2000 had teflon in it. JD

JD1":j7lt7fma said:
I don't understand why you would want to put it on if your going to put poly on, but maybe I misunderstood. Mike Thurman might know the differance between the two. I thought I read somewhere that the 2000 had teflon in it. JD

i heard somewhere in the recent post that it helps the bottom of hull from corrosion

Yeah David.
It sure can't hurt noth'in.

Grant's advice above is good.
The regular stuff will do great for what you want.
No need for superslick.

cowboy":10b16o8o said:
Yeah David.
It sure can't hurt noth'in.

Grant's advice above is good.
The regular stuff will do great for what you want.
No need for superslick.
THANK YOU

David, all you're lookin for is something to coat the hull between the poly and the aluminum ...... there will be moisture in there when the boat has been run and you don't want that aluminum hull to start to corrode under the poly. It's especially important for boats that are run in salt or brackish water.

A lot of things can be used, but standard steelflex should do you a good job. Don't get stingy with it, and clean the hull good before you put it on.

olf

Olf Art":3ntbxs8n said:
David, all you're lookin for is something to coat the hull between the poly and the aluminum ...... there will be moisture in there when the boat has been run and you don't want that aluminum hull to start to corrode under the poly. It's especially important for boats that are run in salt or brackish water.

A lot of things can be used, but standard steelflex should do you a good job. Don't get stingy with it, and clean the hull good before you put it on.

olf
never applied what should i do, what should i use to clean it off with thank you

There are some old threads on here about putting on steelflex.
Go to the search option at the top of the page and just type in a key word .....

olf

Back