• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

We Had Fun

blackpowderscout

Nicole and I want to say that we had fun out there with everyone this afternoon. Wish we could have stayed longer but the fuel pump is shot and I wanted to make sure I got back ok. Thanks for the help Mr. and Mrs. Basketcase.

Happy New Year....

Adam

Yes we are back at home while Stan, Cheryl, Jeff, Dawn, John, Steve, Cindy, Matt, and Laura are still out there. We had so much fun and please disregard any pictures that will be posted. I did not do any singing. :lol: We had so much fun and thanks to all who came out and visited us. We brought in the New Years right. Jdotson, sorry about your prop and I hope all is well and you made it back to Camp Mack all right. Congrats to Matt and Laura. I am so happy for you (I will let one of them say.) We had a great time and we cannot wait until the south Florida run in February. We have the FAA meeting on the 4th out there in the Glades so maybe a night run would do. But I think Mudpuppy should host a run for the month of March. Go for it.

We had a great time! Definately brought the New Year in right from my perspective... met 2006 around a bonfire at the "bus", fireworks in the distance and good friends close by telling jokes, laughing...

Okay...what is the "news" mood and laura?? I will take a guess, but want to hear it from you!

Our crew surely enjoyed the day, evening and night rides, SAO's terrific company, weather, stars, fireworks and most of all - SAO Hospitality 'n everything else about this one - AGAIN.

Hope JDotson got his boat home OK. Glad he was spinning a Sensenich and not wood - that one could have been ugly if it was wood.

Matt and Laura seemed once again to have produced a super headquarters and camp for everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know I appreciate all the help Sat night after cutting firewood with my prop! I was did make it back to Camp Mack without any problems and was able to clean ends up, repitch the prop and get through the weekend. That was a true testament for Senseniche for sure. I'll post some pictures in my gallery soon. Thanks again for all the help.

Shortly before midnight, (about 11:30) we were sitting on our boat, 300 yards off the shore, letting the gentle night breeze drift the boat where it may. The stars were beautiful in the sky as well as the mirror smooth surface of the lake. The campfire on shore was in sight and we could hear the fun and laughter of those gathered around it, sitting in a ring. Well, out on our boat, we had a ring of our own. I asked Laura to marry me and she made me the happiest guy on the planet by saying yes.

We celebrated with a little spin around the north end of the lake in the cool night calmness, and joined the party in time for the countdown to 2006.

It was a great time out there for sure. I'm sure we'll do it again, in fact there is some thought in both our minds about a wedding at the bus sometime this year. (it's about the only way to get our families out on an airboat!)

Looking forward to the next ride, I vote for leaving the karaoke microphone in another state! :lol: I have to admit it was fun to have some good fidelity out on the hill. Good call on bringing that for the party!

Thanks for the compliments on the campsite BigD. We are glad you noticed some of the subtle thought and detail that went in to setting it up. Laura and I may have gotten there first, but it definitely was a group effort so thanks to all who helped set up camp. It was the first time I EVER built a camoflague port-o-let.

Can't wait for the next one! Feed the details so plans can be made!!!

Happy New Year everyone!

matt & laura.

I totally forgot about the port o let. Thanks so much for that Matt. I hope someone got a picture so they know how to set it up for the next camping trip. :lol:

I am so happy for both of you Matt and Laura! Thought I noticed a starry gaze in both your eyes around the bonfire at midnight- figured it was just the fire-glow...... whew.... how romantic! What a way to start the New Year! Hoooray!

<<It was a great time out there for sure. I'm sure we'll do it again>>

Matt and Laura
Cangrats!!! Sorry I missed it but mabey you can let us know so the next time you "do it again" we all can be there :D
I've got Feb on my calender and hope I can get there.
Tim

Congratulations Laura & Matt ! That was a great idea to pop the question out on the airboat New Years Eve. What a story you will have to tell the kids, not to mention a little reminder every time you go out on the boat. If there's gonna be a wedding at the Bus please give plenty of notice so we can plan to attend, also let me be one of the first to offer to lend a hand. I've got a soft spot for weddings (the wife and I have renewed our vows every other year on our anniversary, it gives us a reason to act like newlyweds).

Happy New Year to all! Yepper, we did have a great time. Excellent food, company, and the weather was kind to us. Already planning on the next one.

Thanks to all who created the "camo-let" for us ladies. It felt pretty good to know your booty wasn't gonna be recognized somewhere out in the marsh.

I have said it before...but it bear's repeating...I have met some lifelong friends through SAO. In fact met some new friends this weekend...Cindy and Steve, hope you will join us again.

Big Daddy, thanks for the ice...I owe you.

Woodswoman, thanks for the black eyed peas....kept me laughing into the night....tell ya later

And...Matt and Laura, you kids....I am so happy for you. Couldn't slap the grin off Mood's face coming off the lake. Gettin' Hitched at the Bus" got a nice ring to it. Looking forward to Feb run. And yes...Dakota was singing her little heart out.

Jdodson, glad you made it back okay. Hope to see you in Febuary.
Adam, glad you made it out okay. Plan to see you in Feb.

dawn

Matt & Laura : CONGRATULATIONS. Laura you proved to all you are a very intelligent lady when Matt drove you to the middle of lake kiss on a cold night and after pointing out to you how far from shore it was and how cold the water was and the fact that all other operable boats were off on a trail ride in the opposite direction from you two ... he popped the question LOL what a gal you caught on right away. ... Ok ya'll know I am kiddin. Congratulations you two ... Hitched to the bus... yep has a certain ring to it yeah it does.

Matt very nice........... 8) Now this brings a whole new meaning to are you doing the Milk Man........ :p Sorry that was pretty weak on my part. If you need some taxies to get the people out there you can count on me. :bootyshake:

Hey ya'll,

Gotta echo all who posted above. Scout and jdotson...glad to know ya'll made it in ok! Had a bildge pump crap out on me to add to the number of boats needing repair. (jdotson, never woulda thought that prop would last after the chainsaw trick)!

So happy to hear that our Southern Airboat family will get smaller, (Mood + AirboatRN = an even happier airboat couple)! Please also include us in the planning for airboat taxi service if needed. Mood I'm glad you remembered to track our path New Years night as you got us back just fine!

Cntry, Stan and Steve...Thank ya'll for the never ending, gut rolling, (and true) stories as well as the never ending education of airboating!

Rick, sure wish ya'll could have stayed longer.

BigDaddy, I gotta get me one of those Lorans!

Woodswoman and Gatorstick, thank you so much for the good luck black-eyed peas as well as the company around the campfire.

Basketcase

Yes I can say cheryl and I had another great time Making memories . Cntry and I were runing a race to see who could get there boat running first, cntry won got his going at 10:00 friday night ,Iwas done breaking in the cam at 9:00 when the prop sucked a loose deck lid up and threw it into the radiator , thanks to needle nose pliars , hot glue and some bars stop leak I finished up around midnight. Later I had the pleasure of beating him in the fishing competition. Matt and laura what can I say other than it's great that you love each other as much as you as you both love airboating.Basket sure thank you for stickin by when my motor decided to act up , Had to cruise to the bus off plane. still don't know what caused the motor to miss ,realy didn't want to blow up on this trip . The good luck blackeyed peas worked for me!

Well everyone If any better time would have been had on this trip it would have been illeagal somehow. JDOTSON sorry about your prop luck but even that turned out to be a blessing because no one got hurt and a prop is just stuff and more stuff can always be had. Basket I beleive you can now say your boat will run dry LOL for a while. Next trip to kiss I will bring it up a notch or two for you so you don't get bored. Stan them blackeyed peas healed your motor and brought us good luck for the rest of the year I am sure Thanks to woodswoman for them. Mood & airboat rn yall were a pleasure to be around as always and that was one kick butt grill you had I am off to wally world in search of one myself maybe I can use it when roughing it at motel six when the holiday inn is over booked. I sit here this morning back at work waiting on stuff from attorneys and the boat is back under the tree the junk is off loaded the trash out to the curb the sound of kareoke still rumbling in my ears it should subside after a few days or else I may need to seek medical advice LOL. what a blast we had. fireworks good food good friends and airboats it don't get no better than that. Now if I can just figure out how to do it for a living ... what a life it would be. Thanks to all

My new blades will be here tomorrow and I plan on repairing the cage this week so I'll be good as new by the weekend. Bad judgement on my part to pull up in the trees as dark as it was...that was definately a learning experience. It was nice to meet everyone but you all will have to excuse me for not being all that sociable...that prop thing nearly ruined my night. That was definately not the grand entrance I wanted. :oops: Looking forward to the next ride.

No problem jdotson LOL if we get there before you we will mark anything bigger than sawgrass or cattails. I dont beleive anyone noticed any un-sociable behavior we all know it could have been us just as easy. Did they give you any trade in for the pictures ... they should have as a testimonial to their blades getting you home after a disaster.

The dealer I'm buying from wants one of the blades as an example of how tough they are. I'm sold on them but I hope to get more than 30 hours on this next set :!:

Back