• If you log in, the ads disappear in the forum and gallery. If you need help logging in or getting registered, send request to: webmaster@southernairboat.com

whats lake O looking like?

jpatter123

Was thinking about taking my pops up to lake O sometime in the next month or so. Just curious how that really low level effected the lake. I'd also like to pair up with some other fisherman/airboaters that wouldn't mind showin us around. I fished the lake as a kid and a couple times as an adult but only from a bass boat and even then I don't know my way around. I know my dad knows it well but i'd like if he could just sit back and relax and enjoy the ride.

I was at the lake yesterday, put in at Harney Pond, not enough water to get inside, Monkeybox, Moonshine area, Cochran's Pass so overgrown rode past without even seeing it. Lots of new growth, need a couple of feet of water.

cowboy my wife lived in Costa Rica for 5 years. We went down there about 3 months ago and some friends wanted to take us fresh water spear fishing. I went crazy at the chance until I realized what we'd be swimming with....

crocs.jpg

btw that photo is decieving them boys are 13-15' long.

Robo":22isupty said:
I was at the lake yesterday, put in at Harney Pond, not enough water to get inside, Monkeybox, Moonshine area, Cochran's Pass so overgrown rode past without even seeing it. Lots of new growth, need a couple of feet of water.

thanks robo keep us updated if you don't mind. I remember vaguely as a kid a lot of lilly pad shallows as far as the eye could see and thinking if we could get our bass boat in there somehow we'd never stop catching.

After 240 some-odd days of no water being sent south,they have finally started letting water out of the kissimmee Chain.
L.OKEE
# LEVL=9.27
23:00EST 01-AUG-2007 Satellite

NOTE: All stages and levels are reported in NGVD29 feet.

thanks robo keep us updated if you don't mind. I remember vaguely as a kid a lot of lilly pad shallows as far as the eye could see and thinking if we could get our bass boat in there somehow we'd never stop catching.

Those areas are now all dry land, overgrown with vegetation. You can still ride a good long way though.

Back