Bow Season is a coming

540 mountain motor
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Bow Season is a coming

Post by 540 mountain motor »

Anybody else stoked about how soon it will be upon us?
18x8 GTO Saltwater Series, 540 MAS/PFI, 82 SW with Stinger 2.55, "540 RAT-N-A-CAGE"

NotAGuide
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Bow Season is a coming

Post by NotAGuide »

Dude!

It's a hundred and 108 every day and your thinking about hunting. You've got it bad. Got to admit though, I'm looking forward to duck season and scared my two mutts have been soaking up too much A/C.
Professional JB Welder
Old 18' American hull, 470CID S&S, Ch3 2:1, 3-blade Whirlwind Whisper Tip

540 mountain motor
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

I stay soaked with sweat everyday of the week from 7-6 so I am pretty much used to it.... I do have it bad though.....LOL
18x8 GTO Saltwater Series, 540 MAS/PFI, 82 SW with Stinger 2.55, "540 RAT-N-A-CAGE"

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by HASBEEN »

Everybody`s saying there is nothing green in the brush, and the deer are ranging like crazy....

the "body count" on the highway supports this.....

The only problem with that is,.... that in order to hunt over a feeder this year, with deer corn at $10 bucks plus a bag....you`ll have to sell a kidney in order to pay for filling feeders.

I hope the Bow hunting Gods smile on you, we get rain, and all of the Old bucks just "give it up"
and bed under your stand looking for relief. :lol:

Good Luck and Giddeeup :texas:

Hasbeen
15x7 Cyclone, 454 BBC Junkyard Motor / 2-1 Belt Drive/ 2 Blade 79" WhirlWind RQ/ Water Walker Hub

BRAB46

No Abla anything but AMERICAN

"When the Sun comes up, you better be running"

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by rost495 »

With the costs of corn and the price of protein, if you are feeding, you'd be nuts not to swap to protein instead.... here, unmedicated creep pellets, 14 percent protein, IE double plus of typical corn, is around 8 bucks a bag give or take. Plus the deer need the help SUPER bad....

me, i'm ready for bow season. Always seem to make ready by then I guess. Heat sucks. But we have deer every morning and evening at the house... they appreciate the 2000 gallons of water I put on a small food plot every week.. plus the protein(around 50-100 pounds a week right now) plus 2 other corn feeders just because.... the deer at the lease are getting bad thin though.... hill country is in bad shape.

Of course I don't get so stoked by bow anymore, I had it bad in the 70s through late 90s.... over 100 bow kills and well, lets just say almost anything can get old a bit.... but main issue was loosing the bow lease....

540 mountain motor
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

I know that 10 bucks a bag is brutal and we have 10 feeders to fill. Ouch. We will head to Bandera fri after work to set up ground blinds, fill feeders, and hang some stands. Gonna feel like just another day at work in the heat. Lol. I spent the day removing transmissions and installing them in 114 degree heat. I was soaked and had plenty of heat rash :angry5:

540 mountain motor
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

[quote="rost495"]With the costs of corn and the price of protein, if you are feeding, you'd be nuts not to swap to protein instead.... here, unmedicated creep pellets, 14 percent protein, IE double plus of typical corn, is around 8 bucks a bag give or take. Plus the deer need the help SUPER bad....

me, i'm ready for bow season. Always seem to make ready by then I guess. Heat sucks. But we have deer every morning and evening at the house... they appreciate the 2000 gallons of water I put on a small food plot every week.. plus the protein(around 50-100 pounds a week right now) plus 2 other corn feeders just because.... the deer at the lease are getting bad thin though.... hill country is in bad shape.

Is
We put out 8k of protein and 6k of corn already this year. Two tanks and one cattle trough have water at all times. Should keep them halfway decent this year. Just can't get away from the stick and string. We have 13 double bull ground blinds and 4 hang ons this year that we have purchased over last 6 years, gonna be a lot of work.

Return to “Texas Airboating News & Events”