Wanting to come to Texas for a event/ ride
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: next big event in Texas

Postby bonecollector » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:07 pm

I think they have the 2nd annual ride to slide coming up on Feb 8 from what I hear.
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Brotherbob » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Welp...after all the huntin' seasons.. :lol:

For the BRAB it would be the Memorial day run typically held at the falls at Marlin on the Brazos. If you plan on bringing one of those purdy DynaMarine boats come on but dont get upset when it gets a bit bent up. :stirpot:

Gimme a PM and we can exchange emails and such, the BRAB would be happy to have some Florida folks come run. Marshrider Bonnie and Painterchica' have ran with us , they can vouch.

We will run before that but not in club form until Memorial day...We will have to check on the campground but we normally rent the entire campground and camp for a 4 days to a week , party, eat , dance and play a lil music...just to see Ms' Rita and Cuz'n Eugene dance!

Sometimes those American Airboat folks show up too, good bunch of folks.

Saddle up.
BB :texas: :florida: :old_glory:
BRAB41,TAA-220 ,Air Ranger 15x8 , SBC , 78 " 3 blade WW prop, 2.88 Stinger
SHO-NUF!

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby ptr34 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:35 pm

We running rocks?

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby DynaMarine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Terry I think I need to build a little different boat for those Texas boys...
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

DynaMarine Performance Boats
www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby painterchic » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:53 pm

If ya wanna hang with the BRAB bunch, ya better think about making a tank with a cage and engine... those boys don't fool around on the Brazos :shock: ... the "hills" they climb will make you pucker a tad too... But you can't ask for nicer, more welcoming people!! I want to go back and see em again! :thumbleft:

T :smurfin:
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

ranger1424
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby ranger1424 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Shane, Take a look @ Byers Texas, bridge north of town, everyone rides 4 wheelers and airboats, good water no rocks and a lot of camping area, be a good place for DynaMarine to sponsor an event, get the Oklahoma and Texas folks together, most of the country we run here is pretty rough, but the Red is about like Loup up in your neck of the woods, some places we drive off into then have to winch our boats out, any questions or if I can help shoot me a PM.

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby DynaMarine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm

ranger1424 wrote:Shane, Take a look @ Byers Texas, bridge north of town, everyone rides 4 wheelers and airboats, good water no rocks and a lot of camping area, be a good place for DynaMarine to sponsor an event, get the Oklahoma and Texas folks together, most of the country we run here is pretty rough, but the Red is about like Loup up in your neck of the woods, some places we drive off into then have to winch our boats out, any questions or if I can help shoot me a PM.

Thanks Ranger, we're looking forward to putting something together next spring/summer for sure!
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

Chaseh
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Chaseh » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:35 am

This sounds exciting!

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Brotherbob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:52 am

ptr34 wrote:We running rocks?

Oh just a bit of gravel , maybe a sand bar or two and about 300 ft of limestone shelf. It aint no place for a boy. :lol:

We like to run 10-20 miles stop, have a cold one, munch, run another 5-10 , have lunch and cold one, run until someone hits half a tank and ease on back.

It's not unusual for us to run 40-50 miles a day and then bowfish all night.

PainterChicka' and Bonnie -ya'll come back anytime. :D

DynaMarine-I'd love to test one of those rigs down here but you better rethink that hull design some first. I've been watching you guys and your really on to something but for Texas it's gonna need to be TOUGH. :fishing

BB :florida: :texas: :rebel:
SHO-NUF!

Mitch James
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Mitch James » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:21 am

yep Ptr34 if you come to central Texas you gonna need poly cause your gonna go head to head with some rock. Brotherbob has it it ain't no place for little boys to play but a hell of a place to proof test a hull. Shane will be 8 miles from your shop in a week for a few days if you want to meet up my wife and I would love to check out the shop. PM me if your interested. Here is my rig on the falls on the brazos.Image
2002 16X8 Airranger Rhino hull 502/502 2:1 belt with 3 blade WW Maximus prop

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Brotherbob » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 pm

I think we scared em' Mitch...

Hell Wendy and I will host a event at our place on the river if you wanna....just wanna see the Dyna Marine boat improve and become a player in Texas.
Competition is always good and we could use some in Texas to drive down the prices in Texas.
Innovation and design is also kinda stagnate and could use some push...them Florida boys have all the purdy boats..... in Texas we have some slick machines but they have to be TOUGH first and "make up" comes second!

In Texas you can break a midship brace or a bow plate and 3/8 poly wont last all year...you wanna proving ground, the rocks at Marlin will separate the men from the boys. :violent1:

If your scared just say your scared! :stirpot:

In all seriousness we would love to have DynaMarine demo some boats for the BRAB in Texas.

BB
SHO-NUF!

Chaseh
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Chaseh » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:40 pm

I run a 15x7 panther with NO POLY! Don't be skeereeered!

DynaMarine
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

next big event in Texas

Postby DynaMarine » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:49 pm

Oh I appreciate all the feedback and I'm far from scared. I look forward to working with you guys and putting together an event down there. Yes I'll have a traditional open boat and of course poly, boat will be absolutely fine!!!

Let's tentative plan something between Broward show and Thunder on the loup. So let's kick around a date between March 9th and August 4-5th.

I know my boats will be just fine down there :)
Last edited by DynaMarine on Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shane Lavalette
President/Owner

www.dyna-marine.com
shane@dyna-marine.com

ranger1424
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby ranger1424 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 am

Yes sir!!!! Way to step up BRAB, I will throw in some race prize money for the event, want to see an open hull from DynaMarine, brotherbob set up a sugar sand, wet sand, blackmud, hill climb , regular ole BRAB run timed course, like the man says" the proof is in the prop" :stirpot:

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Brotherbob » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:44 am

MILSAR wrote:Oh I appreciate all the feedback and I'm far from scared. I look forward to working with you guys and putting together an event down there. Yes I'll have a traditional open boat and of course poly, boat will be absolutely fine!!!

Let's tentative plan something between Broward show and Thunder on the loup. So let's kick around a date between March 9th and August 4-5th.

I know my boats will be just fine down there :)
ranger1424 wrote:Yes sir!!!! Way to step up BRAB, I will throw in some race prize money for the event, want to see an open hull from DynaMarine, brotherbob set up a sugar sand, wet sand, blackmud, hill climb , regular ole BRAB run timed course, like the man says" the proof is in the prop" :stirpot:

We can handle that- keep in mind we can really care less how fast a boat is.....can it push, crawl over logs ,rocks and still come home in one piece is the key.

SHO-NUF is stout boat but no beauty padgent winner and there are plenty of 22ft 600-700 barges down here that get the job done....hell I am the small fry in my bunch at 15ft.

We need more manufactures getting involved in runs and educating the general public in Air Boating no one cares down here until the laws gets changed ,then everyone bitches.

I'd really like to see one of the Dyna boats because I like the design element they brought to the table. If they build a open hull boat and listen to input it could be a real shot in the arm for Texas builds.

BB
SHO-NUF!

21DiamondB
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 21DiamondB » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:28 am

No disrespect to the BRAB bunch, but not everyone in Texas runs the type of terrain that they are running. I've done it before and don't care to run my boat over sunken boulders and rocks in the water. It does tear your poly up, among other things. The majority of the airboat population in Texas are still down on the coast, running open bays, salt marsh, and still need to be tough. I've had 1/2" poly and dont care to ever go that route again. It's too heavy, especially on a 15' boat. To each their own, but a stout boat built like a tank doesn't perform like an airboat. when it has 30" sides, 1/2" poly and weighs 3500lbs. There are some boats out there that have it figured out with stout T-bars, and bracing that don't have the weight of a tank. That is the key, having a tough airboat that will perform.
-------- 17 x 8 Diamondback - 454ci. LS3 EFI - CH4 2:52 - Sensenich 4-Blade NGR ---------

KC5AKB
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby KC5AKB » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Count Me in BB
Always like looking at boats.

Like to meet new folks who knows I might find me a 2nd Airboat :violent1: :arrow: :stirpot: :texas:
Come on down To the Brazos the water is great.
BRAB45 RRAB 17

Brotherbob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Brotherbob » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:08 am

KC5AKB wrote:Count Me in BB
Always like looking at boats.

Like to meet new folks who knows I might find me a 2nd Airboat :violent1: :arrow: :stirpot: :texas:
Come on down To the Brazos the water is great.

Last time you got a second air boat your wife called me and said "I hope my next husband likes air boats" :banghead: :toothy7:

Those Dyna Marine boats are really slick and have great design elements, can't wait to see one on the Brazos.

BB
SHO-NUF!

HASBEEN
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby HASBEEN » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Brotherbob wrote:
ptr34 wrote:We running rocks?

Oh just a bit of gravel , maybe a sand bar or two and about 300 ft of limestone shelf. It aint no place for a boy. :lol:

We like to run 10-20 miles stop, have a cold one, munch, run another 5-10 , have lunch and cold one, run until someone hits half a tank and ease on back.

It's not unusual for us to run 40-50 miles a day and then bowfish all night.

PainterChicka' and Bonnie -ya'll come back anytime. :D

DynaMarine-I'd love to test one of those rigs down here but you better rethink that hull design some first. I've been watching you guys and your really on to something but for Texas it's gonna need to be TOUGH. :fishing

BB :florida: :texas: :rebel:

Brotherbob,

When those fellars from DynaMarine see your idea of "just a bit of gravel"......they will probably lose interest in building a rig for "Cedar People" on the Brazos.....

Yeah I know......the average guy would say "why"......when he got into the bfr`s....... :scratch:

That Redheaded boy that your Dad always reminds you about would (and still does) say "WHY NOT"...... :thumbleft:

Giddeeup ! :salute:

Hasbeen
15x7 Cyclone, 454 BBC Junkyard Motor / 2-1 Belt Drive/ 2 Blade 79" WhirlWind RQ/ Water Walker Hub

BRAB46

No Abla anything but [b]AMERICAN

"When the Sun comes up, you better be running"

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby fl cracker » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Bob, thanks for posting that video. It's clear that Florida has the best Airboating in the country! :wink:
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2012 12'-6" x 7'-6" Hamant with a SV 540 & NGQ's

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby ptr34 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Amen

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Bruce » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 pm

that vid shows a waste of a good sheet of poly
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Bdriller
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Bdriller » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:25 am

Bruce wrote:that vid shows a waste of a good sheet of poly

X/2 werk on a boat 20 hrs fukitup in 2 then go bak werk on 20 **** up in / 2 gee someone please xplain the sanity of that, personally i think all terain buggys would handle those conditions with minimal repair , but to each his own and i for damn sure will not critise, that being said if u want to cruise and slide at 30-40 mph then u need shallow slick water as in airboat water , a 4x4 pikup would manage that course with less damage.

ranger1424
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby ranger1424 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:51 am

x3 If I got drunk enough to do that to my boat I sure would not want anyone to film it, too much trouble replacing poly.When the Brazos is running it is a beautiful river to run. To each their own.

Return to “Texas Airboating News & Events”