Re: airboat racing in Louisiana

Postby Gen3Pro » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:51 pm

:dontknow:

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Day be racin outa da swamps and bayou from I-10 to Grand Isle ta get dem sum Ah Budreaux wifes gumbo wiff file' when she cooks some. Day all pass a good time.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby kajunoutlaw » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Whitebear wrote:Day be racin outa da swamps and bayou from I-10 to Grand Isle ta get dem sum Ah Budreaux wifes gumbo wiff file' when she cooks some. Day all pass a good time.

Mais' Boudreaux's wife Clotile is somthin' else der' Whitebear. I tried to get me sum o dat and she tell me she was on her cycle. I told her I was on mah Kamasaki, Less go to duh camp us.
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby kajunoutlaw » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:07 pm

hooker wrote:Is there any airboat racing in Louisiana :rebel:

On a serious note hooker, as far as I know there isn't any. The only racing I know of that involves boats is held on Lake Fausse Point where my camp is. A lot of them boys from Belle River come run their skiffs against Allisons and Bullets and smoke em. Every so often they show up in their skiffs and make a 95 plus MPH pass.
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:09 am

every now and then them catahoula boys will race up the levee to see who has the baddest boat.
the guys i run with ocassionally in the basin will find a bad sandbar or hill and see who can get the furthest with the most people in the boat.

i never seen guys like that who will blowup a engine in a heartbeat just to get a halfboat legnth further than the other. lol

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Postby swampdragster » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:40 am

They had a cross country race out there every year and it was a very big deal lots of cash for the winner. it was a long race i think about 250 miles. I dont know what happened to it but I guess its gone.
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

crazycoonass
Southern Airboat Member

Postby crazycoonass » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 am

I know those guys sometimes race their skiffs agaist each other in Lake Polourde in Morgan City. I've never seen them run in Lake Fausse Pt. against Allisons. But c'mon, 95mph in a skiff? Thats kinda streaching it huh?

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:32 am

crazycoonass wrote:I know those guys sometimes race their skiffs agaist each other in Lake Polourde in Morgan City. I've never seen them run in Lake Fausse Pt. against Allisons. But c'mon, 95mph in a skiff? Thats kinda streaching it huh?

nope.

figure close to 300 hp merc on a merc with a torquemaster lower unit, hyd jackplate,and gill bracket on a 20' belle river style
skiff. [1/8" alum] that you drive in the nose.

it looks scary as heck, but i guess u just drink enough beer, and hang on.

crazycoonass
Southern Airboat Member

Postby crazycoonass » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Well I will say I don't think it takes much beer for those guys. Most of them are bats**t crazy to begin with. They will put a tiller handle on any size motor. Add a pair of white boots, a milk crate or bucket for a seat, welding cap on backwards, cigarette dangling, beer in one hand and a tiller handle in the other and go balls to the wall!!
Anyway if you hear of any races, message me or make a post. I'm definitely going.

kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby kajunoutlaw » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 pm

crazycoonass wrote:Well I will say I don't think it takes much beer for those guys. Most of them are bats**t crazy to begin with. They will put a tiller handle on any size motor. Add a pair of white boots, a milk crate or bucket for a seat, welding cap on backwards, cigarette dangling, beer in one hand and a tiller handle in the other and go balls to the wall!!
Anyway if you hear of any races, message me or make a post. I'm definitely going.

I sent you a PM crazycoonass.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Return to “Louisiana Airboaters”