Moving to Lafayette, LA

clw143
Southern Airboat Member

Moving to Lafayette, LA

Postby clw143 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:34 pm

I am moving from Florida, just curious as to any regulations that may be different as well as areas airboat friendly near Lafayette. Maybe it is easier to note areas "not" airboat friendly. Seems to me, area like that, rule should be if I can get it in the water it's ok. :D
472 Cadillac Engine, Edlebrock Intake, Stainless Headers, 72KXL36K Sensenich Wood Prop, all on a 18' sheet of fiberglass.

Wild Bill
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Moving to Lafayette, LA

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 pm

kajunoutlaw is from around there somewhere. Someone piss him off? haven't seen him around lately. Miss him :o

Bowfisher
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Bowfisher » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:23 pm

I havent been on here in a while and just saw your post. You can run most of the marsh on the coast and the atchafalaya spillway. Most wildlife management areas officialy restrict airboats. I have passed by agents in the summer time without being stopped. But, I would not try it during hunting season!!! Look me up when you get here and ill be happy to show you what i know.

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:25 pm

i live 30 min south of laffayette. some parish's are more airboat friendly than others. as long as you stay off wma's and private property, you can roll wherever u want to. there are a bunch of people with airboats, once u meet a few they will show u around.

if i can i'll show u around, but it will be after hunting season as i try to hunt every day i can.

welcome to the neighborhood.

idk where cajun outlaw has gone, hadn't seen him in a couple months.

Return to “Louisiana Airboaters”