FWC Alligator Survey

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

FWC Alligator Survey

Postby mojoe » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:24 pm

I received a link today for a survey regarding alligator management in Florida. I assume many of you did also. We gripe and complain on here about how the system works. Now is our chance to be heard. Please, take the time to complete the survey. I'm sure the tree huggers will.

BTW: if you applied this year and got nothing and know somebody who has never applied before who got tags, you may want to urge them (as I did) to implement a preference point system.

Ultiamtely, I don't think anyone on here will answer the same as I did, but I know for sure that ANYONE on here is going to have a more educated opinion about alligator management than the general population. For all of our sake, please take the time to take the survey.

Thank you
Airboating is like marriage: There are unlimited ways a person can be right, and somehow still be wrong at the same time!!

Krahammer
Southern Airboat Member

Re: FWC Alligator Survey

Postby Krahammer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:39 pm

X2

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: FWC Alligator Survey

Postby Deano » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am

mojoe wrote: . . but I know for sure that ANYONE on here is going to have a more educated opinion about alligator management than the general population. For all of our sake, please take the time to take the survey.
Thank you
Well stated, I couldn't agree more. This is a link to that program: http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/managed/alligator/

Dear Alligator Management Program Stakeholder:

As part of an independent review being conducted by Exum Associates, Inc., you are invited to participate in an online survey to gather input on various aspects of FWC’s Alligator Management Program and alligator resource. Please feel free to share this survey link with any friends, family, or colleagues who might want to provide their input as well. The survey will be open until midnight, June 18, 2017.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WCWZ8HX

This is a comprehensive survey covering various aspects of the Alligator Management Program from recreational hunting, nuisance gators, eco-tourism, egg collections, enforcement, and more.

Among the questions pertinent to hunters, the cost of licenses, opening more areas to hunting, or closing others for wildlife viewing and eco-tourism. Egg and hatchling collection on public waters is another topic that skates by the knowledge of the general hunting public, too.

Please take the time to complete this survey to the best of your ability and help shape gator management in Florida.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Return to “Florida Airboaters”