20 Mile Bend

Okeechobee Cur
Southern Airboat Member

20 Mile Bend

Post by Okeechobee Cur »

Dose any one no if you can put in at 20 mile bend feder canal.I no the used to have a boat ramp.And the water catchment arie on southern and flying cow rd.can you run it.Legel no sneaking to old to go to jail
Good Ole Florida Cracker 7 Kids to keep the Florida Tradtion going.Breed ume if you can we are a dying breed

jaxbrian
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jaxbrian »

if you're talking about running locksahatchee...no airboats allowed.

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews »

the ramp your talking about I believe is gone. No on airboats as well.
Big Ole Deckover in the making...

cowboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by cowboy »

221 square fun filled miles of NPS:
Hikes,
Bikes,
Birdglasses, and nature classes.
Boardwalks, and Canoe trails.

Eco-ranger indoctrination stations.

http://www.fws.gov/loxahatchee/Visitor/

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Rich Andrews »

I hear ya Cowboy, a bunch of BS....I wish the feds lost funding down here and had to give it up to the state.Then we'd have a chance to get it opened up.
Big Ole Deckover in the making...

Muddyduck
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Muddyduck »

The canoe guy that got lost and also had diabetes was glad to see that sometimes they will make an exception for airboats when Don Kirk went and pulled his butt out of there. Bruce Ward is trying to get them to allow frogging in the NPS areas. He has data that shows the frogs in those area have higher mercury levels because they are not harvested on a regular basis. The mercury is passed on up the food chain. What I really don't understand is that you can use a bass boat on the south entrance on Lox Road, but not an airboat.
Many could live on what we have wasted.

Okeechobee Cur
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Okeechobee Cur »

Well that sucks grew up in that arie used to run dogs there before the flooded it when it was orange groves and cane.moved to okee and havent been that way for some time.Used to be good speak fishing at the feeder canal.Will the let you frog from a canooe.
Good Ole Florida Cracker 7 Kids to keep the Florida Tradtion going.Breed ume if you can we are a dying breed

bwright
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bwright »

:shock: Okeechobee Cur yes there is a boat ramp at 20 mile bend on the north end of conservation area #1 > A.R.M. Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge.

No airboat; Boating, fishing, and canoeing are permitted in the perimeter canal at both entrances please go use the million dollar ramp that sportsmen fought to keep after losing it for a few years because of STA 1 east
Palm Beach open hull, full grass rake, conduit rigging, up stack I0540, swinging A Q series 72', single rudder / old school

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Winston Churchill.

Okeechobee Cur
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Okeechobee Cur »

bwright i road that way looking.The old ramp was past the feeder canal now there's a gate up and you cant go in and the feeder canal has sighs up that say no trespassing beyond this point.Wher is the ramp that you are talking about and dose it lead back to the old spot.

Ford
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: 20 Mile Bend

Post by Ford »

are you talking about the gravel ramp just west of the old blue trestle brigde ? the canal that runs beside old SR80 , heading towards canal point ? i have never seen a sign that says no airboats
Hey Girl , Wanna go on a Airboat Ride ?

Okeechobee Cur
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Okeechobee Cur »

When you go over the bridge turn left straght where the cops shotting range is if you could go past that gard gate there is a boat ramp to the right side leads back to the old marsh.Man the was some of the best fishing back there.

Croc1
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Croc1 »

picnicking is illegal

Return to “Florida Airboaters”