airboaters around jax, fl

huntlife71
Southern Airboat Member

airboaters around jax, fl

Post by huntlife71 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello to everyone. I'm trying to find out if there is any airboat clubs around jacksonville, fl. I've just gotten my airboat and would like to meet other airboaters around this area. Like to go out on some fun marsh runs and meet people who also love airboating. Also wanting to find where to put in to do some shallow water running.
15'-8' "WFO" Floral city,walk boards, deck seat, 468 b.b(550+hp), 2:37 rotator 79" 3bl.s.s
Famous last words of a redneck. "Hey bubba, hold my beer and watch this!!!!"

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: airboaters around jax, fl

Post by :) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm in Baker county. there's a few out here and several in jax. No clubs that I know of. U happen to be there red fiberglass boat I passed on the interstate last week? 6 cyl aircraft no cage?
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

huntlife71
Southern Airboat Member

Post by huntlife71 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:36 pm

No sir. That wasn't me. I'm in marietta. I've got a rivermaster with a 454. If you would ever like to get together sometime and go out on a run, give me a shout. My name is Phil. We would like to get together with some other airboaters and go on some runs and as lso learn where there are good shallow water to put in at and go out on and make a day of it with family.
15'-8' "WFO" Floral city,walk boards, deck seat, 468 b.b(550+hp), 2:37 rotator 79" 3bl.s.s

scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottyroll » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:37 pm

I live in Jacksonville as well and am currently building my rig which should hopefully be done in a few months :bounce: There's plenty of water and possible ride routes up here I'm sure, but from what I've seen the past few years.. Airboats are a rare sight unfortunately. I plan to put in at maxwell boat ramp 'cause I gotta friend that has a dock near by and there's also another boat ramp off heckshire drive that might suit you well. I'd be down to meet up with yall and talk airboats just about anytime. 352-875-8721 (Scotty)
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop

huntlife71
Southern Airboat Member

Post by huntlife71 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:57 pm

I know there has to be a bunch of nice places to run around up here. I'm tired of the river. Lol. Sure we can get together and talk boatn. I've got a 15 rivermaster with a 454 and 2/1kway box. I'm looking for some places to go that will be a lot more fun and get to see what all it will do. I've run dry down at rodman and went anywhere I wanted. So needless to say I was impressed with the boat. Lol

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Cedar point is a good place to put in
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

huntlife71
Southern Airboat Member

Post by huntlife71 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:03 pm

T-4. Thanks. Anybody up for going on a run tomorrow???

huntlife71
Southern Airboat Member

Post by huntlife71 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Have you ever done any runs around cedar point?

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Oh yeah. Very nice ride during high tide. I'm tied up all weekend and its surely gonna rain so maybe next weekend

huntlife71
Southern Airboat Member

Post by huntlife71 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Next weekend sounds great. Ill send you a line around Thursday to see if we can get together and head out

Airboatermike54321
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Airboatermike54321 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:06 am

Yea.theres plenty.of us up here and ive talked to.a.few guys about puttin a club up here..and some.gd riding too..pm me for contact number...
if.you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough...here hold.my my beer n watch this...

GladesAirboat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by GladesAirboat » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:55 am

Looks like your off to a good start. Add as many contacts as possible to your cell phone. When you/another airboater needs help :banghead: the only thing that can assist will be another Airboat/helicopter :cheers: .
Welcome to Southern Airboat family.
Hope to meet you some day on High Tide :salute: :rebel:
PS: Your either a Gator or Gator Bait
Later Gator
14'6" X 7'6" Diamond Back, ZZ502,
2-1 Century Drive 3 Blade 80" Power Shift
12 Hamant 0360 68" Sensinich
Glades Airboat & Buggy Association
Home of the Muck Boyz

GJAX
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GJAX » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:06 am

I am also an airboater up here in Jax. We've been hauling to Twin lakes and/or Lake George. I like George better because of the springs and sand and it's only a little over an hour south . Other than that we will make the trek to Kissimmee every other month or so, but it's so worth it. Planning a trip to Loughman Lodge real soon. I hear it's nice, and I would also like to go down to Panasoffkee and Tsala Apopka real soon.

I'd like to find more places so lets talk and share some info and see what we can get into.
2008 14ft Jimmy White, 350 with 79in WW and Stinger GB.

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:51 pm

GJAX wrote:I am also an airboater up here in Jax. We've been hauling to Twin lakes and/or Lake George. I like George better because of the springs and sand and it's only a little over an hour south . Other than that we will make the trek to Kissimmee every other month or so, but it's so worth it. Planning a trip to Loughman Lodge real soon. I hear it's nice, and I would also like to go down to Panasoffkee and Tsala Apopka real soon.

I'd like to find more places so lets talk and share some info and see what we can get into.
North side out off heckshear drive is really nice riding all the way up to Amelia island inlet.. all marsh! I'm from titusville originally and there is no riding better than loughmans area when the water is right.. from 46 to 50 is awesome. We could get together for that ride sometime for sure. I still have my dads whole side of them family down that way so its nice to get back home.

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 am

If g-ville ain't to far, orange and lochloosa lake are prolly the best riding around

Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:56 am

Good to hear a we have a few guys up here with airboats, I would love to meet and ride with you guys, I have road with :) and Mike. I like to ride the same places mentioned but also like to hit the Gulf anywhere from Ozello up to Keaton Bch. I also really like the Hernando area when the water is good. Sounds like we finally have enough people for that club!! I look forward to meeting everyone. 14.5 ft DB "Wild By Nature" 3 Blade R 418 LS
Freedom is Abridged by Silent Encroachment.---James Madison

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:19 am

DD60, u gotta take some time off from that second home this weekend.. let's get the band together! Make some sweet muffler music..

Airboatermike54321
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Airboatermike54321 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:24 am

I agree..lol..
if.you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough...here hold.my my beer n watch this...

Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 am

Been working my tail off for sure!! Have materials coming Friday and lots of work Saturday :( !! Sunday Maybe I could sneak off :dontknow:
Freedom is Abridged by Silent Encroachment.---James Madison

Chicken Man
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Chicken Man » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Ya'll don't forget about me. Ain't got nothing fancy, but maybe I could keep up. :)

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:14 pm

North side ain't really got no bad spots when they tide is up, just miles and miles of slidin'! :)

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Oh and nice sandy beach islands with shade!! And fishing to if ur into that kind of thing! Lol

USN Mustang
Southern Airboat Member

Post by USN Mustang » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Hey Guys,
Up in JAX as well-been riding Jullington and Black creek lately, pretty cool. Rode north of the redneck yacht club on 17 in Nassau County last month-scouting for gator season. My buddy and I got 2 tags, gotta go fill 'em in August.
PM me and we can exchange #s.
Looks like a possible ride on Sunday-count me in!
14X8 diamondback--WT/LS Stroker--80 inch K series--2.3 belt drive

Airboatermike54321
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Airboatermike54321 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Yo chicken.man hit me.up..we.got.a lil get together possibly tomorrow.me.and.another.boat if ur interested..

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Looks like a sunday ride.. put in at cedar point which is located on hecksher drive right at 9a.. got high tide sunday morning at 830ish.. prolly put in aroud 9 or 10. Its gonna be low again aroud 245.. who can make it? I know of 4 or 5

Return to “Florida Airboaters”