airboaters around jax, fl

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: airboaters around jax, fl

Post by :) »

I think chicken man left better than i did leaving with the dd! Really not happy happy happy with my boat! Got to find some more power!

Chicken man, i was kinda impressed with the dd
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 »

That is a bad DD for sure when it snorts that happy juice, Your boat is about 1000 lbs heavier than his so not to worry too much, You saw how that stuff grabbed on to that big block :shock: I thought we might be waiting on the tide to get it off there!! breakin that suction is no joke. glad we had a team effort out there, it sure makes it nice when in a sticky situation!!! hey did they end up catching any fish that afternoon? I was feeling under the weather or I would have stayed to fish. How is Amber by the way she was not looking to swell either?
Freedom is Abridged by Silent Encroachment.---James Madison
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottyroll »

Hey gang, here are my pictures I took from our ride last weekend. Yall holler if you need help working on your boats or anything; I'm eager to lend a hand and learn more about airboating :usa:
Attachments
phpMC7Q8AAM.jpg
phpMC7Q8AAM.jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
phpYB50kUAM.jpg
phpYB50kUAM.jpg (35.26 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
phpSYVYqfAM.jpg
phpSYVYqfAM.jpg (25.76 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
:Scotty-Roll:
FLAwless

1999 14ft Alumitech deckover. ZZ502. 2.37 Stinger. 4 blade WW Falcon Prop
Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 »

It was nice meeting you Scotty. Hurry up and get yours bolted together!!!
Chicken Man
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Chicken Man »

:) wrote:I think chicken man left better than i did leaving with the dd! Really not happy happy happy with my boat! Got to find some more power!

Chicken man, i was kinda impressed with the dd
Power is in the bottle! :)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Doesnt matter ehere it was as long as it was there! Might needs me one of them! ;)
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
USN Mustang
Southern Airboat Member

Post by USN Mustang »

You think that woman was pissed at you all-I was bringing up the rear....

Good Times....
14X8 diamondback--WT/LS Stroker--80 inch K series--2.3 belt drive
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

I think she might better get used to it.
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

On the way back i was waY behind.. had to stop twice becuz the wife got sick.
Airboatermike54321
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Airboatermike54321 »

Yea. Nxt time we may have to groupup a lil tighter when we ride..ronnie was already on the trailer by the time I got to the ramp..lol.
if.you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough...here hold.my my beer n watch this...
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Hell i think he was gone b4 i got there. I dont even remember seeing him after we left that last spot.
Airboatermike54321
Southern Airboat Member

Lol..he was there but he strtched out that lycoming ..all I saw,was spray mist n he was gone....even walked away from jeff...surprised me....
if.you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough...here hold.my my beer n watch this...
Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 »

I kept stopping and counting boats, dont want to leave no man behind , Ronnies idea of just cruising is about 45mph :bounce: I was impressed that seven boats went out and all came back under their own power!!!!! Brad was loosin coolant fast though, good thing we stopped when we did!!!
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Yeah she was aboit 240 when i got it on the trailer
Dixiedog60
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Dixiedog60 »

We have to figure out some kind of radiator guard!! mine is taking a beating too, already cost me one set of head gaskets :(
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Got 1 off another boat i had gonna tryto get it on this weekend
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottyroll »

Yeah I saw dock-lady give me and airboatmike the bird on the way back.. and as we passed I blew her a kiss and she shot the second bird right at me :lol: . I think she was having a bad day fishing and needed just the slightest reason to blame someone else :? . Anyways I wanted to let yall know that perhaps these radiator issues could be from vibration. We rode in some pretty clear and open areas last weekend and I don't see how debris could have knocked out smileys ( :) ) radiator. But I could def be wrong. I was just doing some thinking after I installed my radiator on my rig a couple days ago and I'm not quite sure how it will hold up to engine harmonics and high RPM vibration like what we encountered on that mud bar. I'll probably post a pic of my setup this weekend for some input but just wanted to bring up this possible vibration equation which I believe would be typically good for the ladys and bad for the airboats :wink:
FLAwless

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Mine def needs to be on some rubber mounts! Thats my first problem. But it was def hit by something.. maybe something in my boat. From the shape of the spot, kinda looks like a nut maybe.. who knows? It happened right at the boat ramp. I had just spun around and looked back there and it wasnt spraying. It happened between where we spun around and went back out to meet phil coming in and the ramp. I saw it start heating up as we came across that slick stuff right at the ramp.
Last edited by :) on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Scotty, what u lackin on ur boat?
Airboatermike54321
Southern Airboat Member

Hey brad..ive talked with scotty numerously...at this point with his boat pretty much all he needs is a prop big enuff for his setup...we.are.goin to set his engine next week or so..and start boltn his rig together..
scottyroll
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by scottyroll »

Yeah basically I just got done paying H&M engines in downtown jax yesterday for building my new 350 long block that I will pick up next week when I return from Ocala. I think it will be around 350hp and 400tq. I need to get that engine on my rigging, bolt on my engine accessories, bolt on my Rotator 2.68 box, hook up my gauge panel I made, do fuel lines and cooling lines, and Acquire a prop. It's gunna take some time getting the right miscellaneous nuts and bolts and turning the final wrenches but Mike has been getting me fired up again about getting this thing on the water :cheers: ! I think once we get that engine in the rig things will start coming together in good time. Probably going to run a big wooden paddle prop first if I can score one for a good price...then on to a big ol 3 bld composite when the stars line up lol
Attachments
phpzbY8OTAM.jpg
phpzbY8OTAM.jpg (53.41 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
phpu0JzqXAM.jpg
phpu0JzqXAM.jpg (60.09 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
phpFqNIP7AM.jpg
phpFqNIP7AM.jpg (56.08 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
FLAwless

Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Ill let mine go!
Airboatermike54321
Southern Airboat Member

Very nice setup scotty....damn now.my ride really looks bad...lmao....
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Looks good scotty
Airboatermike54321
Southern Airboat Member

I rekon im.gnna have to breakout the welder n strip my hull and start makin mine look gd...lol...that cottonmouth is lookin gd....metel.works.is very tight lookn..

Return to “Florida Airboaters”