pasco county- anywhere to ride?

99squeakbox
Southern Airboat Member

pasco county- anywhere to ride?

Post by 99squeakbox » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Anyone know of any good places till ride in pasco county?

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: pasco county- anywhere to ride?

Post by BluByU2 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:55 pm

There are not many good places in Pasco County unless you want to run the gulf. I live in Pasco, but travel to Hernando, Kissimmee, or Orange/Lochloosa if I want some good running. :dontknow:

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by JB550 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:09 pm

The gulf just south of Hudson has a very large sawgrass marsh with 14 creeks running into it. Careful at low tide there are rocks.

99squeakbox
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 99squeakbox » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:14 pm

There's a few decent places on the Hillsborough I've found but other than that nothing special. Just seeing if anyone knew of anything different :rebel:

bullydoginit
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bullydoginit » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:10 pm

theres a ton of places but its on the saltwater i love it its close give me a hollarr need some new ride partners most are to busy up here they buy airboats so they can look at them n there garage and brag :twisted: :rebel:

Blackcoffee
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Blackcoffee » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 am

I run saltwater more than fresh, but do not like to ramp off/on at deepwater boat ramps. Sounds like those 14 creeks would be good fishing if boats are not able to fish them.
GTO 14' Deckover

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:37 am

The Pasco saltwater ramps are deep water and most require you to run the outside to get into the creeks or bayou. Albeit up along the mangroves on a low is real shallow you just need to watch the wind on a day you go.

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by One Eyed Gator » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:21 am

Hey Blackcoffee, I google mapped it and have been down that way on a boat rescue mission. Nice area, crystal clear water but I like our home-base better.
The ramp and idling out was not bad when we got to the outside and I saw a 30' whaler coming off plane that's what made me nervous. I am sure I made some people mad but I took off dwon the shoreline to avoid being the second boat to recover. Everybody at the bar we passed was hootten and hollarin they seems to think it was great. I was just runnin scared lol.

bullydoginit
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bullydoginit » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:30 pm

i go out of arapeka alot nice ramp and u can get to alot of ridin or hudson and u just run the seagrass areas cause u dont have a prop and its leagal i run all over and dont get near alot of 30 whalers not sure where u seen that must of been out of newport richey which i hate that ramp or hernando which is another tricky and busy ramp lots of better alternatives

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by One Eyed Gator » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:00 pm

The rescue was out of Hudson, I believe. we put in a concrete walled basin then to a canal to the gulf As you come out there is a tikki bar on the point and a cut to the deep water. We went about a mile or so north to retrieve a sunk boat. No big boat is going anywhere but the channel there for sure.

It was idle speed where I was and where he was coming to. The guy was looking right at me and pulled it back so his wake went from 2 feet to 4' and held it there instead of slowing all the way down. His smile turned laughfter as he saw the look on my face.
My only escape was to slap the throttle what he failed to realize is what kind of water that airboat will kick up when you get into the throttle. They kind of looked like drowned rat. His wife hair do fell, she sure looked pissed.

Ah look who's laughing now.

No matter type of vehicle or vessel I always try to take the high road unless I have no other options.

Blackcoffee
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Blackcoffee » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:34 pm

One Eyed Gator wrote:Hey Blackcoffee, I google mapped it and have been down that way on a boat rescue mission. Nice area, crystal clear water but I like our home-base better.
The ramp and idling out was not bad when we got to the outside and I saw a 30' whaler coming off plane that's what made me nervous. I am sure I made some people mad but I took off dwon the shoreline to avoid being the second boat to recover. Everybody at the bar we passed was hootten and hollarin they seems to think it was great. I was just runnin scared lol.

i agree our home base is probably one of the best, lots to ride and good fishing. Anyone with a 30' whaler would look at a chart and stay away.
GTO 14' Deckover

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 pm

You went out of Hudson Beach and "FLEW" past Sam's Beach Bar! Running North up past Yellow Point toward Fillmans.
BIG ROCKS up their too!

gso480jr
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gso480jr » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:36 pm

bullydoginit, we run out of Aripeka quite a bit. pm me for numbers.

bullydoginit
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bullydoginit » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:43 pm

big rocks but bid rewards awesome fishing love it for saltwater riding u cant find any better theres a ton of trails :rebel: give me a text if u guys go riding ill ride along found harts hole couple weeks ago freakin awesome theres alot to ride n and south of hudson u can go behind arapekia to do some nice freshwater swimming

bullydoginit
Southern Airboat Member

Post by bullydoginit » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:48 pm

we should all get together used to be big in our area but no one does it anymore they used to have races and everything theres a couple of real cool airboat camps to if u guys never been :violent1:

99squeakbox
Southern Airboat Member

Post by 99squeakbox » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:03 am

Bullydoginit that sound like a good time whenever your ready I'm game.

One Eyed Gator
Southern Airboat Member

Post by One Eyed Gator » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:20 am

I about got my boat back on the water so hit me up next time ya'll go I would like to tag along

Return to “Florida Airboaters”