St Johns river riding

dieseldog863
Southern Airboat Member

St Johns river riding

Post by dieseldog863 »

Im looking to do some riding on the St. John’s river. Where is a good place where I can park my camper and put my boat in the water. Something similar to Camp Mack on Kissimmee.

JGT
Southern Airboat Member

Re: St Johns river riding

Post by JGT »

Renegades on the river in crescent city has a camp mack kind of feel to it. cool bar good restaurant.

dieseldog863
Southern Airboat Member

Post by dieseldog863 »

Thanks that place looks nice. I googled it, but it’s just shy of 4 hours away. I’m not ruling it out, but is there anything closer in the Christmas, Mims or Titusville area.

Dying_breed
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dying_breed »

I've camped at hatbill park, Mims FL.. I've never been to camp Mack, so I can't compare.. but as far as the St John's riding goes pretty much anything south side of HW 46 is blowboat territory..

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mojoe »

Loughmans Lake Lodge.

I don’t know anything about lodging or camping there, we just pull up for a drink and something to eat. There is a new owner and there are rumors of changes coming. If it isn’t what you are looking for now, give it a few years and check back. Maybe.....
Mark 7:9

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Loughman Lake Lodge is closed for now. The new owner has future plans that does include airboats, I don't know anything about the time frame though.

The river's getting a little low to come out of Loughman Lake into the St. Johns river without a pretty major hill run right now..we need rain around here pretty bad.

I do see campers at Hatbill pretty often.

Check this link out: https://www.camplife.com/campground/Sem ... +River+WMD

Here on SA it's referred to as "The Kitty Camp" and you have to reserve it. It has a portalet, pitcher pump for water, grills, etc.. It's right by Hatbill...about halfway between sr46 & sr50.

Rick

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted »

You can reserve the camp area at hat bill park and have a private camp sit. also I believe you can just camp at hat bill park.

apg1387
Southern Airboat Member

Post by apg1387 »

I am a new airboater and have only rode in the glades, my boat is a full deck sled made for riding in that area. No poly, steel flex on the bottom, 4 cyl motor. What do I need to know before riding the St. John’s/Lone Cabbage area? I know generally speaking it’s deeper then the glades and that could be a problem for my style of boat but I run my boat in the deep canals on the perimeters of the management areas without a problem. It doesn’t handle wind chop and boat wakes very good but it’s a sled after all. As a newbie my boat being fully decked has saved my ass a few times while learning to “maneuver”. I am up in that area a lot and want to do a little riding.

Return to “Florida Airboaters”