Winter Haven Chain of Lakes Clean up Day April 30th

ktyamaha36
Southern Airboat Member

Winter Haven Chain of Lakes Clean up Day April 30th

Postby ktyamaha36 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Who all is going out April 30th for the Chain of lakes clean up? Only time during the year we can take the airboats out there! :cheers:

http://winterhavenchamber.com/cwt/Exter ... EventID=34

I WANNA GO FAST!

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: Winter Haven Chain of Lakes Clean up Day April 30th

Postby nomad41 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:54 pm

I will be there
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

ktyamaha36
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ktyamaha36 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Do you know if they will allow airboats out there all day? Or just until the cleanup ends at 1:00pm?

I WANNA GO FAST!

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:36 am

why waste your gas and time cleaning up someones lake when you are not welcome on it ??? let the kicker boats clean it up ... Let the property owners clean it up ... let the county spend money cleaning it up .. if we aint welcome 24/7 365 then screw them ... no need to suck up by being the trash man ..
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

ktyamaha36
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ktyamaha36 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:51 pm

I am out on the chain alot with the jetskis. Have been my whole life. I have some friends who live on the lake. I have been tempted many times to push my airboat off the trailer and raise hell around the lakes for a while.....

That being said, Its not the "Clean up" part that has me excited. Its the fact that for one day, I can legally raise some hell on the chain. And pull up to Old Man Franks front door while the other boats tie off to the dock. :lol: I want to run back in the weeds where other boats cant get.

I am just wondering if the airboats have to get off the lakes at 1pm. Or are they welcome all day. Im just going to assume all day.. :cheers:

I WANNA GO FAST!

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby nomad41 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:56 pm

PM Big Gobbler and ask him.He's the president of the KRVSA that is one of the sponsors of the event.He would know.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:11 pm

ktyamaha36 wrote:I am out on the chain alot with the jetskis. Have been my whole life. I have some friends who live on the lake. I have been tempted many times to push my airboat off the trailer and raise hell around the lakes for a while.....

That being said, Its not the "Clean up" part that has me excited. Its the fact that for one day, I can legally raise some hell on the chain. And pull up to Old Man Franks front door while the other boats tie off to the dock. :lol: I want to run back in the weeds where other boats cant get.

I am just wondering if the airboats have to get off the lakes at 1pm. Or are they welcome all day. Im just going to assume all day.. :cheers:

So you want to go out there and raise hell and piss people off??YA that's what I would do!Good job there genuis! :roll: That's the reason right there airboaters get a bad name because of a bunch of dumb ass people.

ktyamaha36
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ktyamaha36 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Where in my statement did I mention anything about wanting to piss people off?

Maybe you misunderstood me, I am not one of those guys who enjoy pissing people off. I am actually very considerate of others. All the Canals are a 'No wake" zone, therefor, of course everyone will be idling through them near houses. But who in the hell are you to judge if we want to get on the pedal a bit while running across the lakes? Airboats are not allowed out on the chain due to all the houses around them. AKA Loud engines running around everyday and all night will piss people off! So for one day a year, while doing a "Lake Clean up" they ARE allowed, and all the people living on the lakes understand the purpose of why they are out there! Why not have a little fun while cleanin up the waters?

Maybe I should word it different for you, I cant wait to get out on the chain with my airboat and HAVE A GOOD TIME FOR ONE DAY OUT OF THE YEAR WITH FRIENDS AND FELLOW AIRBOATERS.

I was asking a simple question on WHO ALL PLANS ON COMING OUT! Not for smart ass remarks.

I WANNA GO FAST!

Oleboy87
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Oleboy87 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:40 am

Sounds like Tony480 just needs to keep his ass in Lake County on Lake clean up day!

piash006
Southern Airboat Member

Postby piash006 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:40 pm

i had a lot fun cleaning the whole lake with my extreme AIRBOT
i love this site

Return to “Florida Airboating News & Events”