Airboat Show

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Airboat Show

Post by Dakota »

The Florida Airboat Association is hosting an Airboat Show on October 6, 2007. It will be located in Wildwood, FL so it is accessible to everyone. It will be a one day event. This will be a fundraiser to help pay for our wonderful lobbyist, Bonnie. We will need LOTS of help and volunteers. We are asking the each club step up and pick a committee. We will be talking about this at the FAA quarterly meeting at John's Restaurant in Haines City on Saturday July 14, 2007. If you would like to help or if you would like to toss around some ideas please be there.

Any questions please call or email me.
Charity
321-863-3149
Dakotaaco26@aol.com

Joe
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Joe »

Dakota,you were Secretary at one point for the club maybe you could answer a question for me,Why doesn`t our club do more to help out in these events?We have the money to donate more for curious.Just curious,cant never seem to get a straight answer :?

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

Well Joe, wish I could answer that. Not sure why, I think it is because they are good ole boys who think nothing is going to happen and that they have their own place to ride and not really care about anywhere else. That is one of the reasons why I stepped down as secretary. Let's me focus on helping through the three other clubs I am members of. I am here to keep airboating as well as meet new people and ride all over, not just in Melbourne.

When something happens in our area they always bring the lobbyist up and why doesn't she help. Well like I always say, the road goes both ways. I will still support my local club and try to help out as best I could but I agree with you, I think they need to be more involved. I will mention something about it Wednesday but I don't think it will go any farther than me talking. It will surprise me if it does.

Muddyduck
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Muddyduck »

I don't want to be the rain on the parade so to speak, but man, that is a tall order to fill by Oct. I wish I could be of help, but right now the plate is just too full. I hope it works out great, just think it would be better if you had a few more months to get ready.

Muddyduck
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Muddyduck »

Nevermind, I shouldn't be on the computer this late at night.

c chardt
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by c chardt »

This will be a good central location for every one can't wait
www.dakotaairboats.com or 321-863-2312
If your looking for Different we build different all boats custom built any way you want.
CNC metal plasma cutting / parts / seats / trailers / hulls / Aluminum work anything you need, polymer

Doughboy07
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Doughboy07 »

Where in wildwood is the Airboat Show going to be.

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

I will post more details Saturday night, we will be discussing it at the FAA quarterly meeting.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by basketcase0302 »

Is it Saturday night yet? :D

Basketcase

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

Sorry Jeff, you caught me. I thought I had everything posted. Anyway, the show will be held where the Chrome Shop is just of I75. The gates will open at 10. The gate price is $5.00 with kids 12 and under free. If you go to floridaairboat.org there is an application for the show if you would like to put your boat in the show. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask. We are still on the prepare phase so as more information comes I will be sure to pass it on to you.

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

I just wanted to update some information and answer alot of questions that people have had for me.

The show is located right off the Wildwood exit on I75. It is there where the Chrome Shop is. They have over 200 acres there where they have big rig shows.

As far as vendors, we are not only looking for businesses but we are also loking for those people who may need to sell some items. So if you have anything to sell, please bring it to the show.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by swampjet »

The FAA Airboat Show will be held in the 216 acres immediately WEST of the Super 8 Motel. Across the street from the 75 Chrome Shop. For those who don't know where Wildwood is, It is where I-75 and the Turnpike and SR 44 all come together. Go 1/2 mile west on SR 44 from I75 and BOOM you are there.
We want everyone to bring their airboat. You don't have to have a "show" boat to put in. Your boat is different from everyone elses and that's what people want to see so bring it on.
We are setting up vendors of all kinds so everyone will have something to see and do. Bring the family.

Bob
Another Day in Paradise

playin69style
Southern Airboat Member

Post by playin69style »

im goin to bring this up at the lcac meeting next week and see if we can get all the club members to get together for this one
franklin powered

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

Dang it, Swamp ! Where have you been ? I'll bring mine then.

Thanks for all the great stuff the FAA has done this year !! 8)
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Ms. Wizard
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

show

Post by Ms. Wizard »

Hey all. We are also looking for sponsors. (you all knew this was coming). We can't pull this thing together without sponsor $$. The great thing is, all the money goes to the lobbyist fund. We have a very busy year ahead of us legislative wise. You don't have to be an airboat related business to be a sponsor. We also have vendor sites, you can get a 10x20 booth for 50 bucks. I will be sending out flyers and letters soon to all clubs, manufacturers and businesses.

I would like to thank all the clubs and businesses that have volunteered their time and money to get this rolling.

For more information on sponsorship or booth space, PM me or Dakota.

dawn
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...."Oh *%$@, she's awake!"

swampjet
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by swampjet »

Olf,
You better bring that jewel of a boat down here. Shes a real beauty she is. Just ain't right keeping her all hid away.
Me, I'm just busy as....... well you know. The back is worse but doing the best I can.
Call me some time.

Bob
Another Day in Paradise

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic »

I would be willing to donate some custom airboat decals for the occasion and all the proceeds can go to the cause... I'm in NY so thats about all the help I can be! (Alright so I'm with you guys in spirit, but I don't know how far that goes...lol)

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

Painterchick, that's a very kind offer. Nice of you.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic »

I just wish I could be of more help!!!

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bondsman »

you never are a big help are you T. did my mother-in law drive you nuts.these past weeks.
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic »

I'm always a help!!! As for your mother-in-law.... she wasn't that bad... but I did just visit her at moms for a little while at night... then I went home!!

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by bondsman »

you are just beeing nice.if you wan't i will paypal you the shipping costs if you are going to donate signs then send them to me.then it gives me a great excuse not to mis the show.
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic »

Thanks Sam!! This could turn out to be a great fundraiser for the cause.. I wish I could go with you, it sounds like a ton of fun!

Dakota
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by Dakota »

Update on the show.

The show is located across from the Chrome Shop in Wildwood, Fl. The show starts at 10 am and the awards will take place at 8:00pm. There will be an airboat show, beer, food, fun, games, live music, prizes, and swap meet. All the proceeds support the FAA Lobbyist. The admission is $5.00 adults/kids 12 & under free. No coolers and no pets.

All airboat show entries are free and you will receive 2 free armbands. So everyone come and with their airboat in tow.

If you are a business or just want to sell something, come out and set up. For a 10x20 spot it is $50.00.

Go to http://www.floridaairboat.org to print out a vendor application or an airboat show entry form.

If you are interested in donating anything for the raffle or would like to sponsor the show please feel free to PM me and I will help out. Also any questions please ask.

basketcase0302
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

airboat show

Post by basketcase0302 »

Hey ya'll,

Time to bump this one back to the top.
Gonna be here before we know it.

Tryin to get some information on lodging for folks. I know there's a Super 8 right beside the grounds where the show is gonna be in Wildwood. (There's also a couple more hotel/motels across the street from there).

Basketcase

Return to “Florida Airboating News & Events”