Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

User avatar
HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 6262
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 pm
Location: Plant City, FL
Contact:

Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby HuntingBigun » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Well I figured it about time I drag up to Alaska and kill something, so Sheep is my wish list any thoughts of good outfitter or bad, been wanting to get up there for years plus you guys like carmotors I love to go for a airboat ride as well so anyone got any thoughts or suggestions thanks :D
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html


Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

JBaker 1203
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:43 pm
Location: Seminole County

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby JBaker 1203 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:43 pm

HuntingBigun wrote:Well I figured it about time I drag up to Alaska and kill something, so Sheep is my wish list any thoughts of good outfitter or bad, been wanting to get up there for years plus you guys like carmotors I love to go for a airboat ride as well so anyone got any thoughts or suggestions thanks :D



I have been there 2 times on sheep hunts. I have hunted all over the country and Canada, and Alaska was by far the best trips I have ever done. Very very challenging getting there, the hunt and getting home but well worth it. PM me a contact number or message me back and I can fill you in on my experience.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 4017
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 pm
Location: Sorrento,FL

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby fl cracker » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Bigun, I'm sure Bud would be glad to take you! :toothy7:
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2012 12'-6" x 7'-6" Hamant with a SV 540 & NGQ's

User avatar
dodobird
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:05 pm
Location: havana fl

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby dodobird » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 pm

I want a dall sheep on my wall so bad :florida:
13' bigO 350sbc oxdrive 2.38 swingin a 80" 2 blade whispertip ex

User avatar
akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 2967
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Wasilla, ALASKA

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby akblackdawg » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:04 pm

fl cracker wrote:Bigun, I'm sure Bud would be glad to take you! :toothy7:


never been sheep hunting, suggest you go to AK F&G website, if i'm not mistaken, you need to apply for drawing the winter before your planned hunt and take your chances. I could be wrong on that, maybe there are some open area, need to check on it. One of the places I duck hunt, I can look up on the mountain ledges and see sheep and or goats climbing around. Also a place the highway goes by just out of Anchorage a few miles you can sometimes see sheep and goats right down along the highway. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

User avatar
HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 6262
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 pm
Location: Plant City, FL
Contact:

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby HuntingBigun » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:19 pm

I love those sheep every time I have hiked Glaicer National Park I go find those sheep but can only use a Nikon not a Remington to shoot them lol, PM sent and Thanks

Image
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html


Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

User avatar
HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 6262
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 pm
Location: Plant City, FL
Contact:

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby HuntingBigun » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:24 pm

akblackdawg wrote:
fl cracker wrote:Bigun, I'm sure Bud would be glad to take you! :toothy7:


never been sheep hunting, suggest you go to AK F&G website, if i'm not mistaken, you need to apply for drawing the winter before your planned hunt and take your chances. I could be wrong on that, maybe there are some open area, need to check on it. One of the places I duck hunt, I can look up on the mountain ledges and see sheep and or goats climbing around. Also a place the highway goes by just out of Anchorage a few miles you can sometimes see sheep and goats right down along the highway. Bud



Thanks Bud, but Alaska is the only state in the US that still has over the counter sheep tags, they do have special draws for certain areas but that may change 2016 so that's why I want to go 2015, Brooks range is the area I am looking at somewhere up North :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: When I come I bring you a Republican Party application as I know you love to join :fishing
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html


Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:30 am
Location: Palmer, Alaska
Contact:

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby bkmail » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Bigun,
Good plan, more areas are going to draw every year, get moving on a date sooner than later.
Good guides are typically booked a year or more in advance. The Brooks has gone down hill as far as sheep hunting is concerned...not your best choice of location. You will need a guide regardless of where you decide as your non-res. Expect to pay between $10-20k for a weeks hunt.
Post a similar question, be specific in what you want, etc.... on Alaska outdoor forums, obviously in the hunting section.
I am sure you will get plenty of feedback.
As for the boat ride, no problem. Plan a few extra days on both ends to allow for weather, travel, boat run, and so forth. The Brooks are about 700 miles from where bud and I live.
Keep in touch!
BK
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech w/4 blade master blasters, Skip built

bkmail
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:30 am
Location: Palmer, Alaska
Contact:

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby bkmail » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Bigun,
OK, so your post on the other forum.....stid2677 and Brwnbr excellent sources of info.
BK
https://www.bkmarineservices.com
https://m.facebook.com/BKMarineServices

502 BBC on a 18' Alumitech w/4 blade master blasters, Skip built

hipwader
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Fairbanks, AK

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby hipwader » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:27 pm

I'd be happy to take you out to our swamps after work some evening if you end up with a free day in Fairbanks.

-wade
_________________
1996 16X8 Full-cab Diamondback - 496BBC - CH-3 2:1 - 80" 4 blade Falcon
2000 14x8 Diamondback - 548 Aluminum BBC - CH-3 2:1 82" 3 blade Sirius

User avatar
HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 6262
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 pm
Location: Plant City, FL
Contact:

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby HuntingBigun » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:21 pm

hipwader wrote:I'd be happy to take you out to our swamps after work some evening if you end up with a free day in Fairbanks.

-wade



Thanks Wade, just booked the hunt with Deltana Outfitters, be hunting out of Happy Valley up in the Brooks range so it looks like be short time as connection flights are tough, but who knows I may tag out and get done early (not likely lol) I flying into Anchorage on the 7th and be back on the 20th. Merry Christmas
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html


Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

User avatar
HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 6262
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 pm
Location: Plant City, FL
Contact:

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby HuntingBigun » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:23 pm

bkmail wrote:Bigun,
OK, so your post on the other forum.....stid2677 and Brwnbr excellent sources of info.
BK



Thanks the owner of forum and Stid2677 helped me get into Deltana Outfitters as they were booked, so good ole internet helped make long distance connection. I be in country on the 7th and leave out 21/. I am trying to get stid2677 to come ride new boat as he planning a trip maybe to Fla so we do a Alaska ride lol
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html


Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

User avatar
HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 6262
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 pm
Location: Plant City, FL
Contact:

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby HuntingBigun » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:26 pm

bkmail wrote:Bigun,
Good plan, more areas are going to draw every year, get moving on a date sooner than later.
Good guides are typically booked a year or more in advance. The Brooks has gone down hill as far as sheep hunting is concerned...not your best choice of location. You will need a guide regardless of where you decide as your non-res. Expect to pay between $10-20k for a weeks hunt.
Post a similar question, be specific in what you want, etc.... on Alaska outdoor forums, obviously in the hunting section.
I am sure you will get plenty of feedback.
As for the boat ride, no problem. Plan a few extra days on both ends to allow for weather, travel, boat run, and so forth. The Brooks are about 700 miles from where bud and I live.
Keep in touch!
BK



I here ya brooks have been hurting but Deltana has special use area and 7 out of 10 last year with one guy passing, small outfit I love to plan more time but not in the cards it seems who knows may get lucky Thanks
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com/index.html


Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

Ronaldregan
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby Ronaldregan » Thu May 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Get in shape the Brooks Range will eat.your lunch, took a Dall there 40 years ago great hunt.
Now it's airboats frogs & nutria some ducks but at 72 that is enought.


Good luck!

lariat
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Looking for a sheep hunt 2015

Postby lariat » Thu May 07, 2015 8:38 pm

I've been putting in for years in Colorado. I just found out this morning that I didn't draw a tag this year either.
Keep up posted if you put something together Bigun.....at least i can live a little through your hunt!


Return to “Alaska Airboaters”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests