TX Bowfishing

Texas hunting and fishing.
belly_up
Southern Airboat Member

TX Bowfishing

Postby belly_up » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:35 pm

Went bowfishing for a while at a local lake after the water came up with recent rains. Got into a few gar and carp but the guys with me didnt really have their stuff together and things kept going wrong. One of the guys almost cut his hand off with the line and I ended up shooting the rest of the night which was a change. There's not many people I trust to drive my boat but he did a great job even in the 15mph+ winds blowing us all over the place.

It ain't no woman flesh and blood, it's that damned 'ol airboat.

shiggs
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: TX Bowfishing

Postby shiggs » Sat May 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Well looks like you had a good time.

We might have to get together this year and do some of that on the river. The boys in Rockne have been itching to go and we need some more cut bait for catfish. Now that my turkey season has ended, I can concentrate on getting my boat back together. The muffler problem was recently solved and Don just sent me some blades to test. I might get her running tomorrow.

sh

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: TX Bowfishing

Postby rost495 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Cody

Good job! Which one did you run over?

Higgs-- its gotta suck to be down for a long time. At leats if I don't get to drive mine, I feel better that I could at any time. Still trying to get the other side of the pan bolts off to do some work on the pan though... only takes time and money!

Jeff

Return to “Texas”