Lease Prep

Texas hunting and fishing.
540 mountain motor
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Lease Prep

Postby 540 mountain motor » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Drove 275 miles to Bandera Fri night after work, woke at 6 am Sat and put out 12 ground blinds, two hang on stands, one ladder stand and put out 2700lbs of high priced corn. Then drove back home last night at 11 pm. Dead tired. It was 102 during the day out on the property and will be over 100 at work this week, man what a restful weekend. It will pay off come Oct 1st :toothy7: Saw tons of deer, turkey and some beastly bucks that have been feeding on 8k of protein we put out this year. Cannot believe the number of deer on our place and one group had nine good shooter bucks walking down a gut below out camp house hill. I'm gettin ready by hangin a stand off a pecan tree in my back yard to practice more and more. My yard is only 1/3 of an acre so neighbors will enjoy my broadheads flying around. LOL....
18x8 GTO Saltwater Series, 540 MAS/PFI, 82 SW with Stinger 2.55, "540 RAT-N-A-CAGE"

skiffguide
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Lease Prep

Postby skiffguide » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Sounds like your season will be good! I love Texas hunting. I guide fishing and duck charters out of Rockport every Nov. and alway's try to sneak in some deer hunting! Killed my biggest buck in south Texas two years ago.
Good luck to ya.
take your kids hunting & fishing!

Return to “Texas”