Rossi Ranch Hand

airboatchris
Southern Airboat Member

Rossi Ranch Hand

Post by airboatchris »

Thinking about buying one. I have talked to a lot gun dealers but not anyone who actually has has one. Does anyone own one or know any first hand info. I am probably just going to keep in the truck for defense or the occasional snake.
Tiara 285A on a 14ft lazer

SwampDonkey83
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Rossi Ranch Hand

Post by SwampDonkey83 »

8) They are bad to the bone!

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

I'd love to have one Chris ..... and with ammo in as short supply as it is it would be nice to be able to use either .45 or .410 as you choose.
The quality of their stuff is excellent.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

Don't have experience with that particular gun, however I DO have great experience with their Overland Coach Guns. My twins are Mirror image identical twins, right down to their facial birth marks being the exact opposite. one is a mellow guy and one is more aggressive but imagine one boy being right handed and the other left handed. When they came of age to have their first guns I had to do a bit of searching, the then new Rossi Overland Coach Guns were just hitting the shelves of gun dealers. My friend the gun dealer told me he had the perfect solution for their shotgunning problem. Being twins everything had to match. Identical motorcycles, clothing and belts, knives, hatchets & etc.. I took the boys down to the store to see what Gordon had and it was love at first sight for them boys. Needless to say they like to have run me broke reloading to keep them in stock of ammo. I got them 20 Ga side by side rabbit eared shotguns. It was a perfect match for each one of them. All those years ago and today both still have their Rossis. The Nylon 66 .22 have long ago traded or sold off, the S&W 66 Wheel guns are gone but the Rossis are still in the cabinet, now safes and in perfect shape. Equipped with leather military slings and an ammo cuff, those were and still are the most amazing little guns I could have found.

The value isn't in the fit and finish, that is just acceptable, its not in the blueing which is thin, its not in the exquisite workmanship, there isn't any. The value for us is that they never failed to fire and never needed any repairs of any kind over the years of extremely heavy use. Just a perfect track record of reliability and functionality and I guess looks in the kids case. Rossi has a position of earned respect in my house.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

flshooter
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by flshooter »

Florida gun exchange had a couple of them a month ago not sure about now,they look neat tho.
IO-520 72"Q series on a hawk step

Camogonewild2
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Camogonewild2 »

There lever guns are a lil rough of an action bout it really , marlins are the shit till Remington took over new winchesters an Brownings are expensive me personally look for a marlin better gun really smooth an accuarte , the rossis are ok for the price me personally I'd get one but it'll be slicked up an thrown in the truck for a beater gun

rjfjr
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by rjfjr »

i think henry makes a mares leg i have a henry my favorite gun

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy »

i love my old rossi pump 22 its dead on every time i shoot it

Daniel Altman
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Daniel Altman »

I just purchased a Marlin 1894 cowboy limited with 24in barrel in .45 colt. This is the most accurate lever action I have ever fired!
10' Thurman copy, O-320, WW Cypress, BRAB 51 & RRAA 15

"You can't tourniquet the taint!" Archer

Return to “Gun Talk”