Is the cost coming down at all for guns and ammo

LevyNole
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Is the cost coming down at all for guns and ammo

Post by LevyNole » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:33 am

10 dollars per 20, while not bad these days, is still double what it was a scant time ago.

OT= original topic.

Olf, so it's a 'Star Bellied Sneeches' kinda thing then? Cool.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality Ayn Rand
Oligarchy: It's a big club and you ain't in it.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:26 pm

LevyNole wrote: Olf, so it's a 'Star Bellied Sneeches' kinda thing then? Cool.
No, actually not.

I just thought you took an unnecessary 'cheap shot' at him and it pissed me off.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

muffled500hp
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by muffled500hp » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:43 pm

LevyNole wrote:10 dollars per 20, while not bad these days, is still double what it was a scant time ago.

OT= original topic.

I agree that it's still too friggin high. I think the ammo companies took notes from the gas companies.....Way overinflate the prices so when the prices come down a little we wont feel so bad paying the inflated prices. :dontknow:
Keith ~~

Modern Performance Engines, LLC
Custom built engines for airboats, hotrods, mud trucks, buggies, circle track and drag racing!

352-282-6407
MPEKeith@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/modernperformanceenginesllc

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Mac I know its a bit of a drive for u but the Walmart in lake city had a bushmaster Saturday night for 9 something and a colt for 1300.. the one in macclenny had a colt for 1100. But u can get one of those from gto for about the same..heck they might cut u a deal since u sport one their rides..:)
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

pirate
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by pirate » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:45 pm

I don't know ole fart personally but kind of understand where he's coming from. Not trying to put words in his mouth but I think he's trying to say that, if you can afford to support this site, you should. I worked until I was 68. I'd still be working but it's hard to get someone to hire you after 70. I live on a fixed income. .....but I feel that if I can afford a computer and a ISP for whatever a month I can afford to send $25 to SA every so often. It's called paying your way and an old Southern tradition. It's also sometimes lost on some of the younger generation. But that's just me.
Compromise is failure on the installment plan.

cehurt
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cehurt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:40 am

pirate wrote:
I don't know ole fart personally but kind of understand where he's coming from. Not trying to put words in his mouth but I think he's trying to say that, if you can afford to support this site, you should. I worked until I was 68. I'd still be working but it's hard to get someone to hire you after 70. I live on a fixed income. .....but I feel that if I can afford a computer and a ISP for whatever a month I can afford to send $25 to SA every so often. It's called paying your way and an old Southern tradition. It's also sometimes lost on some of the younger generation. But that's just me.
I agree with you Ken, and pirate I am a little younger than you but pay the dues when and if you can. Hope to have a bunch of stars one day. Was at GTO the other day and was surprised at the number of weapons to chose from. Wife had to drag me out kicking and screaming before I spent money I didn't have. Check them out for what you need. Chuck :proud:

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks, Chuck and Pirate. It's just the way I'm made too I guess. 'Nuff said.

I realize we live in much different times, but when I was a kid you could walk into the Western Auto store on
the town square and buy a box of 50 .22 LR for 69 cents plus a penney tax. Honest. And you could buy a little
box of 25 for not much more than a quarter. I don't remember the brand for sure, but I don't remember any misfires either.

Of course a loaf of Bunny Bread was 23 cents then too. :?
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

bonecollector
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by bonecollector » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Just watched a show ruger inside out and they are opening a plant in N.C to keep up with demands and hornady is slowing production of some of the unpopular ammo to try to keep up with the popular it's going to be awhile before things back to the way they were
Sensenich, Ox Drive gear box dealer 386-279-3712

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 pm

pirate wrote:
depends how the younger generation was raised im 24
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

gchuckie
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gchuckie » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:51 pm

I guess u can say its coming down! Lol
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (208.43 KiB) Viewed 875 times

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Just an observation. While ammo has become scarce and very expensive, some would say over priced, Has anyone noticed the the price of stars to help support SA has NOT increased one dang cent? Food is up, parts is up, clothes, gas and movies are up, but the SA site support increments is EXACTLY the same.

Hows that for value........y'all ? :idea:
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

PM
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by PM » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:51 am

That price is not all that crazy for 22 hornet. Long before the ammo crisis it was 50.00 a box and remember there is 50 in that box.
15' Rivermaster (Hoffman)

SteveReid
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by SteveReid » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:25 am

Olf Art wrote:Thanks, Chuck and Pirate. It's just the way I'm made too I guess. 'Nuff said.

I realize we live in much different times, but when I was a kid you could walk into the Western Auto store on
the town square and buy a box of 50 .22 LR for 69 cents plus a penney tax. Honest. And you could buy a little
box of 25 for not much more than a quarter. I don't remember the brand for sure, but I don't remember any misfires either.

Of course a loaf of Bunny Bread was 23 cents then too. :?
Yep, brand name was Peters Ammo. I worked for Rainbo bread in 1965, they trained me on the Corbin route and a loaf of bread was 22 cents, a pack of hot dog buns was 18 cents.

Return to “Gun Talk”