Buying a rifle at Dicks?

gbstrike
Southern Airboat Member

Buying a rifle at Dicks?

Post by gbstrike » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:23 am

Just a quick vent why I wont buy from Dicks. I am taking a kid duck hunting and needed a single shot shotgun for him. I went to a few stores and got prices and availability for the item. While at Dicks there was one guy in the hunting department. He was on his cell phone talking to a friend about lunch and getting together. He was not very discrete about the conversation. There were 2 people waiting ahead of me for help. He was putting labels on items on the shelving at the same time. When I got his attention and asked him to see a shotgun he told me " I don't have time right now I have to finish putting these labels on the shelves." I couldn't believe he said that, I told him I was a cash customer and I would let them know at the front how I feel. I found the manager and let her know what happened. She offered to get the gun out for me but I was pissed so and told her no way, my money would be better spent elsewhere. I will never shop there again. This was 3 days ago and Im still pissed. OK done bitchin for now.
If you're not hurtin, you're not havin fun.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Buying a rifle at Dicks?

Post by terrible ted » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:40 am

yea dicks sucks

glades cat
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by glades cat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:53 am

I thought it was just me...
I recently went by the Dicks in Kendall off 117 ave. Same experience, except, there were 2 (two) young employees at the gun dept and could not get 1 (one) of them to help. Not impressed one bit of their customer service.
That's why I shop at mom-n-pop shops...they have a vested interest in assuring their customers are pleased and will return.
"Leave a legacy...Preserve the irreplaceable"
12' x 7' sled built by Scorpion, Cont. O-470-K, 72" Whisper Tip
Rigged by Gladescat & sons in 2009

riverrat1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by riverrat1 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:12 am

I cannot believe how rude people are , there are many people out here that would love to have a job , my wife is one , a... wipe like them should be fired on the spot , years ago that is what would happen . I DON'T LIKE DICKS SPOTTING GOOD"S . Can you tell .

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:47 am

The GTO shop is awesome if your in the area stop by.

FLA BOY
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FLA BOY » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:33 am

I definitely deal w/ ma and pa's. Wyoming gun in Homosassa is awesome! Even though it is across the state from me I buy ALL my stuff there.
GSO480/12' Hammant
GPU/12' Richochet

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:38 am

I believe it was Dick's who were the first to pull the "black rifles" off the shelf about a year ago after the Sandy Hook shooting, and that is why I will not shop there.

HiPower
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HiPower » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:04 am

Dick's in Fort Lauderdale is closing out all Duck Commander merchandise at less than half price. Tee shirts for 7.48 Hooded sweat shirts less than 15.00. I think they are taking sides in the Robinson Duck Commander debate. They are not man enough to go public with this. Following Sandyhook, they made a big deal out of removing all guns from there stores in the region. As a result, many pro 2nd Amendment sportsmen now boycott Dick's. I was across the street and having never been in one, went in to see what they had. Picked out Duck Commander shirts for all my friends. They do not sell anything for hunting or shooting sports. I see no reason to go back.

MJD291
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by MJD291 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:14 am

BluByU2 wrote:I believe it was Dick's who were the first to pull the "black rifles" off the shelf about a year ago after the Sandy Hook shooting, and that is why I will not shop there.
X2. Cheaper than Dirt is also another that froze gun sales after Sandy Hook and they are also on my DO NOT BUYFROM list. CTD also was price gouging on ammo sales. :angry5:
I LOVE THE SMELL OF AV GAS IN THE MORNING. IT SMELLS LIKE..... VICTORY

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:39 am

My guess is that the employees feel as though when you work at a place called "Dick's", it is OK to act like a DICK to your customers..............they are living up to their name........ :lol: :stirpot: :lol:

shootingtheBREEZE
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by shootingtheBREEZE » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:39 am

TheElevatorGuy wrote:My guess is that the employees feel as though when you work at a place called "Dick's", it is OK to act like a DICK to your customers..............they are living up to their name........ :lol: :stirpot: :lol:
That's a GOOD one :lol: I have been to Bill Jacksons in Pinellas County Same situation there. 3 Guys behind the Counter and no damn help!!! Told them to go screw themselves and wouldn't be back. I told them I would rather pay twice as much down the road and get good service.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:45 am

Why they dislike the customer at dicks? Maybe there something more to the name than a name.

It's the management.

Batch
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Batch » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:32 am

I stopped at the Dick's on southern Blvd back in 2007 I think. It was on my way to STA 1W to do some gator hunting and had to get an agent license for my daughter's boyfriend. The kid at the register couldn't figure out the license. He called the manager of the store over and the manager said that you had to have the trapper's license and that they don't have agent licenses. I said that I had bought them in previous years and knew of folks that had bought them this year. The guy starts raising his voice that he is the manager of a sporting goods store and he knows better than I do what type of license they issue.

The kid figured it out and issued me the agent license. I said something about him knowing better and he just stood there giving me a dirt look like I was still wrong. You could plainly see by the looks on the associates face that they hated this guy. LOL

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Waterthunder » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:37 pm

I hate to tell you but it's not Dicks it's everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we have been fundamentally changed and nobody feels that there is anything gained from working hard. I see it everyday and everywhere.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

TheElevatorGuy
Southern Airboat Member

Post by TheElevatorGuy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Waterthunder wrote:I hate to tell you but it's not Dicks it's everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we have been fundamentally changed and nobody feels that there is anything gained from working hard. I see it everyday and everywhere.

X2....you are right with that one.......so sad, so true :banghead:

gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by gobblerD » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:24 pm

I don't believe its right to bash other business. BUT you just happen to mention Dick's. They do suck and are a waste of time. They would be better served to eliminate the hunting aspect of their business. It just hurts them to sell things they don't know anything about. While at the same time not having it in stock.

Return to “Gun Talk”