have u ever exercised your open carry rights

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Re: have u ever exercised your open carry rights

Postby terrible ted » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:19 am

Every time I go hunting.

Doesn't every one hunting carry a gun on there shoulder on there hip. Weather it a long gun or hand gun isn't it open carrying?

Pistols are legal to hunt in FL with during gun season.
Last edited by terrible ted on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:27 am

scrambletown wrote:really guy's???
what a bunch of want-a-bee-lawyer's................
this site is damn sure a place I would-not take legal advice....

I see it every were.
I hear people say don't do what legal because authorities don't know the law. They say you Just get in trouble. I say what a bunch of emotional's . ( that's the new code word)
Last edited by terrible ted on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gobblerD
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby gobblerD » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:52 am

I never carried. But I do now. No anti American Progressive liberal or their constituents they pay to vote for them are going to rob or murder me or my family.

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:04 pm

I've wondered this as well.. I've open carried at the ramp in front of a sheriff and he didn't say anything. I've also had to go inside the gas station once or twice in the early morning on my way to go hunting, without anything said. It's been about a month and a half, and I'm still waiting on my cc permit to get here! Hopefully soon, then I won't have to worry about the fine line of open carrying.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong , but I was thinking that your conceal to carry isn't any good even though you have passed the class,sent your info in,and applied for your license until you actually have them in your pocket.

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:43 pm

That is correct. At least in FL. You must be able to show the permit at any time when/if requested. Simply applying is insufficient.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

SthrnStyle3
Southern Airboat Member

Postby SthrnStyle3 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:37 am

You are correct Lwells. As stated in my post it was all open carry. But when my license comes in, then I won't have to deal with the open carry and just conceal carry.
12' aluminum hull, 350 sbc w/ flattop Pistons and camel hump heads, side by side seating w/ double in front, 2:1 gearbox and a 78" whirlwind whispertip 2.0

SwampMatt
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby SwampMatt » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Olf speaks of not getting the CC permit because it just gives the gov't spies your info, and that is correct, however, if you buy ammo, they know you are a gun owner, and are entered into the same databases. With facial recognition in computers monitoring the store's security cameras - even if you pay cash they'll know you are a gun owner. Don't think it's just the Feds that have that ability - a software salesman friend of mine made a ton of money selling facial recognition software to small town police agencies that they can even use on their dashboard cameras. And there is one line of logic that says if martial law is ever imposed, those trying to slip thru the cracks will be in the first wave of door-knocks as they go collecting guns. The law-abiding people would be a second priority because they're more likely to comply. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. SO....
Given that it doesn't matter and I don't want any hassles BEFORE the "someday situation"..., I got the CC permit and renewed it 5 years later.

But it brings up another good topic - probably better for around the campfire - the gov't can't spy on us there... But if a team of LEO's knocks on your door and politely informs you of an emergency law in effect and they need to collect any guns you have (with a B.S. receipt issued too) - what will you do? Some say it's good to have a couple of "Surrender Guns" that you will cheerfully submit to the cops with a cheerful "happy to help, officer" as send them on their way with some old target rifles and worn out handguns.

What are some good ideas for hiding places?

Another idea is to bury a vault... bad idea in the wet Florida ground. Plus the technology in metal detectors is pretty amazing too. Just to make it interesting, when my 125# Rhodesian Ridgeback died a couple years ago, I buried him with a bunch of old wrenches and scraps of metal, rebar, etc. I put a nice Molon Labé symbol on the granite grave marker too. If that day ever comes, good ol' Sammy will still be serving his master well by wasting the cops time and making a police officer dig up a dead pet's bones for no good reason. heehee :)

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Good to see you post again, Matt ...... and you raise a couple of interesting questions. I love things that make me think.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

pipedog
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby pipedog » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:53 am

[youtube]http://youtu.be/HIEZJxmlOq4[/youtube]
Palm Beach open hull 13'9" with 6.0 F.I. LS - Ox Box and a 3bld "R"

Rich Andrews
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Rich Andrews » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:12 am

I have, and the feds about shit a brick when I got out with a .44 hanging outside the end of the holster. Only reason was to demonstrate my right,just like the enviro whacko's do.

I'll have my Manatee burger medium please...just say NObama

14x8 deckover FELBER 397ci.. HP ???..just stay back!!

LOHA is AHOL backwards

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:12 am

here ya go bro!! :rebel:

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:22 pm

blackwaterairboats wrote:When you have a CC license in Florida make sure you read all the rules and fine lines. Once you are a CC holder you can no longer open care at all, even at the boat ramp. The only time is when you are hunting and it has to be a gun you are allowed to use during that hunting season.

I tried putting my reply in as a normal post but kept getting a "SQL Error". I don't know what that is.
SA reply.pdf
(103.78 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

OTTER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby OTTER » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:42 am

Good Morning -- Heres a LEO point of view !
Open carry in the woods all you want -
Open carry in the NEW URBAN ENVIRONMENT is asking for trouble, Go to a gun show and see whats lined up to get the CCW permits - Freaking Scary !!!!
I would say i wouldn't want any added attention at all carrying, Surprise is on your side..
Think of it as I Do-- You and a partner are eating at restaurant a thug comes in to rob the place - the first two people he has to eliminate are the 2 carrying guns in uniform / of in plain clothes sitting there with guns showing..
Id rather play possum / stupid country boy and get a good clean shot on his melon than accelerate a confrontation from first sight.
I agree there are so many variables and the general public is all mixed up right now, but i do believe its part of a bigger divide and conquer plan.
Common sense is KEY to to survival in any event.
just be proficient at what holster you ate using - PERIOD / drawing and recovering, Make sure it has some retention device, or at least practice maintaining your weapon or rendering it useless should you lose it. Fighting with someone ain't like TV and 1 minute of serious scuffle with someone that wants to kill or hurt you will take ALL the wind out of your sails.
PLUS: Please discuss a plan with your family prior to going anywhere, wife and kids to go to car or store when you say LEAVE , also talk with your kids too about saying stuff like "MY DADDY HAS A GUN" that innocent of statement may harm you later...
I could go on and on....
Train with your equip / Be prepared for anything / keep equipment in best possible condition / be vigilant - know your surroundings and escape routes.....

BE SAFE and ENJOY LIFE !!!

John Fenner
Southern Airboat Member

Postby John Fenner » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Interesting reading this. NPS issued a ticket to Don for having a loaded gun in a closed scabbard on an off road vehicle, he asked the ranger if his gun was loaded, yes, then let me write you a ticket, oh it is for safety purposes he said, whose safety? Yours or mine? Ticket for operating Orv with loaded gun is like f@#$$&@ with your pants on.
Anything I have was owned by my late father, nothing in my name, use the 3step to access method.
I never finish anyth,,,.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:57 pm

John Fenner wrote:Interesting reading this. NPS issued a ticket to Don for having a loaded gun in a closed scabbard on an off road vehicle, he asked the ranger if his gun was loaded, yes, then let me write you a ticket, oh it is for safety purposes he said, whose safety? Yours or mine? Ticket for operating Orv with loaded gun is like f@#$$&@ with your pants on.
Anything I have was owned by my late father, nothing in my name, use the 3step to access method.

I have to ask what law I broke? from talking to the FWC as long as I don't have the rifle in my lap (loaded)it can be anywhere in my truck loaded? Now that NPS so a federal park? that may be different.

OTTER
Southern Airboat Member

Postby OTTER » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:52 am

Ted and John you both answered your own question -- NPS / is a FEDERALLLY enforced area... They have way more specific laws and rules that are continually changing... The same would most likely apply to BIA and Federal range lands, like in Nevada last year...It all has to do with some sort of bigger plan later on i'm figuring.. FWC has management land rules and each is different from one area to the next, thats why there is so much confusion... Anyone that had been in GA around Columbus and over in Alabama know of the Interstate which is called military highway that run thru Ft Benning and the rules that apply there and you are stopped by MP... whole mother list of laws to deal with.
Most on here deal with FLORIDA Law and that will all be answered in fss: 790...(online sunshine) web site

Like i said before why would anyone go to the poker table waiving their cards .....JMHO

Be safe/enjoy life/Hug your kids and, teach them the difference between Right and Wrong, and set a good example for them.
:old_glory:

Return to “Gun Talk”