243wssm ammo

Buckshot863
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Okeechobee

243wssm ammo

Postby Buckshot863 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Anyone seen any for sell? I have had no luck trying to find some

12PSI
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:33 pm
Location: Ft. Myers

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby 12PSI » Fri May 29, 2015 12:38 pm


rowdy1
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:07 am

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby rowdy1 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Try - gunbot.net they have nearly everything in stock. I have ordered from them lots of time w/ no problems.

rowdy1
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:07 am

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby rowdy1 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Never Mind, I just looked. I guess they have everything but 243wssm

Buckshot863
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Okeechobee

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby Buckshot863 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Thanks guys, I will keep checking around. Definitely having no luck finding it anywhere though

unforgiven11B
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am
Location: Morriston, FLORIDA

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby unforgiven11B » Sun May 31, 2015 10:17 pm

There is a cabelas not a mile from me I'll stop on and
Look tomorrow for you.
2007 16x8 DiamondBack 6.0L PCM 2:1 Ch3 Belt drive 80.25" 3 Blade Sensenich K series-

User avatar
renegade0540
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby renegade0540 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Good luck finding any. They are extremely hard to find. I bought 4 boxes of the winchester 100 grain soft points and I paid $50 a box....ouch. If you get in a pinch I can get a box to you.

Buckshot863
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Okeechobee

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby Buckshot863 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:53 pm

unforgiven11B wrote:There is a cabelas not a mile from me I'll stop on and
Look tomorrow for you.

Thank you

Buckshot863
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Okeechobee

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby Buckshot863 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:55 pm

renegade0540 wrote:Good luck finding any. They are extremely hard to find. I bought 4 boxes of the winchester 100 grain soft points and I paid $50 a box....ouch. If you get in a pinch I can get a box to you.

I know what you mean, that's what I was hoping to find. I found one box last year of the 95gr ballistic tips, and they were also 50 bucks.

Bdriller
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV
Posts: 935
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:38 pm
Location: red river below texoma

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby Bdriller » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Buckshot863 wrote:
renegade0540 wrote:Good luck finding any. They are extremely hard to find. I bought 4 boxes of the winchester 100 grain soft points and I paid $50 a box....ouch. If you get in a pinch I can get a box to you.

I know what you mean, that's what I was hoping to find. I found one box last year of the 95gr ballistic tips, and they were also 50 bucks.

Reload only way to go, got a 300wsm bought dies and powder for same price as 1 box ammo

User avatar
radtech
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II
Posts: 2122
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:48 pm
Location: Bonaire, GA
Contact:

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby radtech » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:44 am

Any reason you prefer these? I have a box and didn't like them. I usually use the 90 gr psp's and they work good. Bought the ballistic tip bullets and they don't shoot the same. Found myself missing. They seem to shoot higher. I know it's because they're lighter rounds, but I hate to keep having to resight the rifle.

Buckshot863
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Okeechobee

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby Buckshot863 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:13 pm

radtech wrote:Any reason you prefer these? I have a box and didn't like them. I usually use the 90 gr psp's and they work good. Bought the ballistic tip bullets and they don't shoot the same. Found myself missing. They seem to shoot higher. I know it's because they're lighter rounds, but I hate to keep having to resight the rifle.

Only reason I bought them, is because that's all I could find, so I grabbed them up.

swamper2
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm
Location: harsens island michigan

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby swamper2 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:15 pm

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/productl ... =96&s=2977
looks they have all you need. forget it. I didn't see the fine print
16ft alumitech/406sbc/2.38w/3-80in.R's

pgs2845
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 am

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby pgs2845 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:27 am

I can load them for you. I have brass, bullets, and powder for them. $40.00 bx. 863-439-4425

pgs2845
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 am

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby pgs2845 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:30 am

Would like it if you had your own brass. Would be a little cheaper for you. :old_glory: I load everything from 22 hornet to 458 Lott. And just about all pistol calibers.

Buckshot863
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Location: Okeechobee

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby Buckshot863 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:00 pm

pgs2845 wrote:I can load them for you. I have brass, bullets, and powder for them. $40.00 bx. 863-439-4425

I'll be in touch with you..

pgs2845
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 am

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby pgs2845 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:46 am

There are 3 boxes on gun broker.com $95.00 for 1 box and 2 boxes are $180.00. Some deal, hey

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII
Posts: 3228
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:50 pm
Location: Fairburn Georgia

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby Sniper » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:53 am

WSM's in all variations are getting hard to find because the popularity has died off for some reason, I load a lot of them for my buddies because they are hard to find and because the hand loads totally out preform the factory ammo the 243 WSM is a Bad azz round
Sniper You can run but why die tired, If you heard my shot you were not the target
DOI Airboat Instructor

pgs2845
Southern Airboat Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:49 am

Re: 243wssm ammo

Postby pgs2845 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:31 am

I contacted Winchester about these bullets. They told me that all stock is out and production will not resume until late 2015. So if you need any to hunt with this season, good luck, unless you buy reloads.


Return to “Gun Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest