France terror attack.

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

France terror attack.

Postby AirRanger » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:59 pm

For the past few hours I have been flipping various networks reporting about France. In a place where guns are banned, it must be a terrible feeling knowing that you are helpless against armed terrorists. If the people had the option of being armed maybe just maybe some or even one life could have been saved.

Point is if you have a permit to carry, carry all the time. You never know if this could happen here at home and you might make a difference. A handgun is better than no gun even if you are faced by a long gun. Be vigilant, be aware, and be ready. Prayers to those effected in France.

Don't let our country be that country. Don't vote in someone who does want to disarm the US citizens.

Afflicted
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: France terror attack.

Postby Afflicted » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Well said! And I agree

CBL
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CBL » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Agreed!

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:44 pm

Agreed!! The only places where violence usually occurs is in so called gun free zones.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

Comanche-pup
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Comanche-pup » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:53 pm

That is absolutely horrible, Im not a fan of the french but do not wish this upon them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:24 am

I'm a strong proponent for 'open carry' .... in my thinkin nothing adjusts the atmosphere in a room for some hard head like a man or woman who is openly packin. It works for the Israeli people. It's very common there for an Israeli woman to have a briefcase on one shoulder, and an Uzi over the other. :glasses7:

CactusJack
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CactusJack » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:01 am

That was only a test.... they are seeing how many simultaneous 'events' it takes to overwealm a citys defenses ..... once they work out how many 'events' they need to cripple an arm less city, they can estimate how many it will take to do the same to a us city.... if it took 6 'events' simultaneously in a major uropeen city ..... it will take 60 similtaneusevents to take a similar us city.... naturally, the loot ers will assist there in the insuing anerky .... eyes wide open people :roll:

When you get news that someone said something not polit ically correct.... or another shameless 'smoke and mirrors' debarkle like the :rebel: issue.... look close at the real picture, not at the storm in the tea cup they produce to take your attention from what is really going on :dontknow: :scratch:

Keep your eyes on the real issues... leave the pc fluff to the talk/gossip shows and look for what diversions may be distracting the ordinary people from seeing :usa:

scary times :!:
I was told I was wrong, once (not sure I believe it though)
If you can't blind 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS
Airboat experience so far, limited to having bolted a gyrocopter to a flat bottom punt.... but THAT.... is about to change, bigtime :-)

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby goldhunter_2 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:50 am

Airranger I agree , I also agree you can't base decisions on the tainted media show what they want us to see and not necessary the whole picture.

Like OldArt I believe in Open carry as it not only makes the carrier safer but find there are far less aggressive situations while "open carrying" unlike Florida's forced "concealed carry" but like Airranger said if you have a permit then carry you may be at higher risk of taking the first bullet but at least you have a chance to save your life if/or when the need arises.

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

Des Moines Boater
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Des Moines Boater » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:15 am

The First Amendment give me the right to keep and bear a Bible.
The Second Amendment gives me the right to keep and bear arms.

I don't have to get permission from some the Government to buy a Bible.
So, why do I need permission from the Government to buy a gun?
13' 6 Lazer, 383 SBC 425 hp, 2.7 Ballistic, 3 blade 80 NGR

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby helicsher » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:46 am

Only one more year of our weak ass leader
It's time to stomp these jokers out !
I don't feel that our country is weak or unable to defend our self's
But our leadership is a joke
Anyone who thinks we don't need to secure our borders better open there eyes
This will be a great week to own a gun store

Lock and load boys cuz there coming and I hope they make the mistake of coming down my street because my God is the king of all kings

Can I get a witness?
"Success Requires No Excuses"

CactusJack
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CactusJack » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:55 pm

Amen :usa:

trouble is, if the knob at the top can create enough unrest (ie:anarky) then there wont necessarily be an elec.tion :( that is the only way he can avoid being 'unthroned' :roll: he is in cahoots for sure, I think he is their leader and his gift to the head chopping bom chukkas will be the world, if he gets his way :shock: :!:

none of this is happening by accident :scratch: :old_glory:
I was told I was wrong, once (not sure I believe it though)
If you can't blind 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS
Airboat experience so far, limited to having bolted a gyrocopter to a flat bottom punt.... but THAT.... is about to change, bigtime :-)

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby BluByU2 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:25 pm

We live in a dangerous time, and we need to stay vigilant all the time. I highly recommend that if you are able to carry a firearm, do so everywhere you go with no exception because you may be the only person who can stop the violence. Go to the range, and practice often to stay sharp, and be more precise with your shot placement. Another thing to consider is keeping a rifle in your truck or car because I would much rather have a rifle than a handgun if I'm facing an adversary with a rifle.

It's just a matter of time before it hits the fan right here again, and we need to be as prepared as possible should we be faced with this horrible scenario. God bless America, and may he keep us safe.

FLA BOY
Southern Airboat Member

Postby FLA BOY » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:31 pm

CactusJack wrote:That was only a test.... they are seeing how many simultaneous 'events' it takes to overwealm a citys defenses ..... once they work out how many 'events' they need to cripple an arm less city, they can estimate how many it will take to do the same to a us city.... if it took 6 'events' simultaneously in a major uropeen city ..... it will take 60 similtaneusevents to take a similar us city.... naturally, the loot ers will assist there in the insuing anerky .... eyes wide open people :roll:

When you get news that someone said something not polit ically correct.... or another shameless 'smoke and mirrors' debarkle like the :rebel: issue.... look close at the real picture, not at the storm in the tea cup they produce to take your attention from what is really going on :dontknow: :scratch:

Keep your eyes on the real issues... leave the pc fluff to the talk/gossip shows and look for what diversions may be distracting the ordinary people from seeing :usa:

scary times :!:

Unfortunately you are spot on my friend. It is amazing how many people have their head in the sand and cannot see this. With the head Muslim in charge of our country they are rapidly gaining ground here. It is very scary. The sheep will be herded if anti muslims do not start getting together and show we will not accept this asa peaceful society. Sometimes you need to have war to keep the peace...
GSO480/12' Hammant
GPU/12' Richochet

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:20 pm

When our forefathers were trying to gain independence and thinking of forming a nation, France did come to our aid. Since then we have Saved France in WWII for sure and for certain. Are we now going to have to go save France yet again? Just like us in the early days, its time France began to stand on its own.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Olf art is right in most cases but today I prefer carrying under my shirt so that should I be in a situation with a group of people like the group in the France theater I have the element of surprise over being picked out and picked off because they see I'm armed. He is right under the circumstances he stated though.

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby AirRanger » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Olf Art wrote:I'm a strong proponent for 'open carry' .... in my thinkin nothing adjusts the atmosphere in a room for some hard head like a man or woman who is openly packin. It works for the Israeli people. It's very common there for an Israeli woman to have a briefcase on one shoulder, and an Uzi over the other. :glasses7:

With our current rule of law in place I personally prefer concealed carry for the simple fact that I would rather be a random target vs a chosen one. If we had a consistent unrest like Israel, I would certainly have a different mindset including a rifle on hand. I like the idea of the rifle in the truck but I have had three of my vehicles broken into over the years and twice lost handguns due to that. So now days the gun always stays with me. I am not proud of the fact that I have lost two to theft. One of them was back when it was illegal to carry while gator hunting, glad that has been changed. I try to keep my rifle in close proximity.

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby GCRedfisher » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Ret. Major Gen. Bob Scales said it best, The bottom line is this: ISIS can’t be defeated unless we, or someone, kills them, that’s it. ISIS doesn’t care about anything else. They want to establish a caliphate over the bodies of the unbelievers and the way you get rid of them is to kill them, not to deal with them. (Quote)
All the so called political, humanitarian or diplomatic bull crap in the world is not gonna stop the Islamic Radicals! Simply put, they must and need to be KILLED, PERIOD! As the General said, this is a Military problem and needs to be handled by the Military. These sumbeeches are here already and can strike at any time unless someone KILLS THEM! If they're on some kind of "watch list" or under investigation, line em up and FIRE! This country is going to hell in a hand basket and people are more worried about be politically correct or who can I sue, gimme, gimme, gimme! The enemy is at the gate people! You better be ready to protect your family and all you hold dear.......our so called government sure as hell ain't gonna do it!
Been There, Done That and Probably Broke It! If You Ain't Living On The Edge, Your Just Taking Up Space!

Whoever said "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword" never encountered automatic weapons!

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:25 pm

Des Moines Boater wrote:The First Amendment give me the right to keep and bear a Bible.
The Second Amendment gives me the right to keep and bear arms.

I don't have to get permission from some the Government to buy a Bible.
So, why do I need permission from the Government to buy a gun?

Nicely put, Des .... and nice to see you posting again. Still runnin that little GPU boat? :)

Des Moines Boater
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Des Moines Boater » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:06 am

Olf Art, I just bought my first car motor boat and sold the Boat with the GPU. That was a sweet boat and still running strong when I sold it.

The local Sheriff was in my Police Academy Class and is a good friend. I'm sure he would give me approval to carry or purchase a gun. I just don't think I need to ask him or any government official for permission that is already given to me by The Constitution. I spent 33 years as a Police Officer, 4 years in the Navy, two were in Viet Nam and 20 plus years flying jets with the Air National Guard. I think I qualify as one of the good guys.

Every citizen in the USA already has permission to purchase and to carry a fire arm unless those rights were taken away under the 4th amendment. We need to stand up and demand our rights be observed. We don't want to end up like Australia where they voluntarily gave up their guns.

A well armed society is a polite society.
13' 6 Lazer, 383 SBC 425 hp, 2.7 Ballistic, 3 blade 80 NGR

GCRedfisher
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby GCRedfisher » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:11 am

Every citizen in the USA already has permission to purchase and to carry a fire arm unless those rights were taken away under the 4th amendment. We need to stand up and demand our rights be observed. We don't want to end up like Australia where they voluntarily gave up their guns.

A well armed society is a polite society. (Quote)

Very Well Said Des Moines Boater!
Been There, Done That and Probably Broke It! If You Ain't Living On The Edge, Your Just Taking Up Space!

Whoever said "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword" never encountered automatic weapons!

ringneck
Southern Airboat Member

Postby ringneck » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:59 am

:texas: OPEN CARRY in Texas becomes law January first. But my .45 Glock will stay concealed.
Thank you to our conservative State Legislature for listening to the demands of every day, hard working, law abiding, citizens instead of the deadly political correctness from Washington.

As for those who would harm the innocent:.................

The fear and the dread of US should be on THEM, not the other way around.
16x8 AIRRANGER RHINO, LEVATATOR 450, CH3, WHIRLWIND 3B-80
Aircraft hand prop tractor, half guard old school survivor

Return to “Gun Talk”