Vacationing in Hawaii ?

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Vacationing in Hawaii ?

Postby Deano » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:48 am

If so, this is worth being aware of . . .

" . . . Hawaii Governor David Ige, a Democrat, on Thursday signed into law a bill to have police in the state enroll people into an FBI criminal monitoring service after they register their firearms as already required, his office said in a statement.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation database called "Rap Back" will allow Hawaii police to be notified when a firearm owner from the state is arrested anywhere in the United States.

. . . The law could affect gun owners outside Hawaii, because the state requires visitors carrying guns to register, Hunter said.

As a result, they could be added to "Rap Back" because they arrived in the state with a gun, she said. The Hawaii attorney general's office said a weapon-carrying visitor should be able to petition for removal from the national database after leaving the state. . . "

The article in its entirety can be found here:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hawaii-becomes-first-us-state-to-place-gun-owners-on-fbi-database/ar-AAhBtsP?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U220DHP
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Vacationing in Hawaii ?

Postby kwanjangnihm » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:39 pm

The Hawaii attorney general's office said "a weapon-carrying visitor should be able to petition for removal from the national database after leaving the state. . . "

hey attorney general petition this :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :thefinger: :thefinger: f your list and a visit from me!!
" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

lorick
Southern Airboat Member

Postby lorick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Do they have airboats in Hawaii?

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:52 am

I was in Hawaii once for about an hour and a half some 50 years ago to find out why one of our engines was showing a warning light. Turns out it was a defective sender, and I haven't felt a need to go back there since. :)
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Postby terrible ted » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:22 am

Sell Hawaii for our national dept.

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:41 am

Yep they are more Anti Gun there than California and that's saying something, best way to protest that is to quit going there
and spending money if tourism drops of it will get there attention that's the best way to get to them is to get in their pocket
Sniper You can run but why die tired, If you heard my shot you were not the target
DOI Airboat Instructor

Return to “Gun Talk”