New Hunting Handgun

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

New Hunting Handgun

Postby Sniper » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:27 am

been waiting about 5 months and I finally got it yesterday this pistol has been on my wish list for a long time
and I finally got one and I plan on taking my first Deer with a hand gun with this I hope, so time will tell but for now
I'm totally enjoying just shooting it and it's stupid accurate and I would not expect anything less from STI this is one
bad azz 10 mm
Attachments
my STI.jpg
Last edited by Sniper on Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sniper You can run but why die tired, If you heard my shot you were not the target
DOI Airboat Instructor

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: New Hunting Handgun

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:50 am

Looks awesome!

Buddy Branch and TruckDriver Mike are big 10mm fan's too. Think they use Buffalo brand ammo now in theirs.

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:14 am

George, that sucker is amazing lookin. I'll expect some pics of that first kill!! Are you gonna scope it or just shoot it naked?
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:16 am

It will do it. I took a deer with a Smith 1006. I prefer my 44 Mag, though. 7" barrel helps me reach out and touch them right where I want. Not to say the 1006 won't reach out. The deer I took wasn't more than 75 feet away so it was pretty easy. But I've taken deer with my 44 from well more than 50 yards.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:33 am

Yea I shoot hand loads in all my 10mm, except my duty gun, I have two mod 20 Glocks one is first gen with a ser # US 091 they try to buy it from me every time I have been up to Glock plant with it for up dates the second one I have is a 4th gen and my Lt accurized it for me when I first bought and it shoots way better than stock that's my duty gun, the STI has been my dream gun for a long time and now I have one, I have been shooting 155 gn bullets and been getting 1430 fps out of them with no problem, my buddy who is the Ballistic engineer for western powder told me of a new powder they are releasing that I will be able to get 1600 fps in the STI with the 155 no problem so I looking forward to getting my hands on some of that, so as soon as I get a good buck with in pistol range I will post some pictures of what I get and how it did right now I'm just killing steel on the range, I may put a reflex site on it eventually but right now I'm sticking with the fiber optic front sight and solid black adjustable rear for now
I be making a leather holster for it this week since I do custom leather work I will post some pictures of that when I get done with it
Sniper You can run but why die tired, If you heard my shot you were not the target
DOI Airboat Instructor

Krahammer
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Krahammer » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:09 pm

I have used my Colt Commander 1911 in .45 as my firearm of choice for many years on deer. it is a lot easier to move around the woods without something in your hands all the time, and I can shoot in any direction easily.

billybob
Southern Airboat Member

Postby billybob » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:54 am

Hey sniper, maybe you can answer a question I have asked many and not had many solid answers. How does magazine capacity fall in a hand gun in hunting? As in a rifle in Fl you are only allowed 5 rounds. How does that work with a hand gun?
I do all my own stunts!!!!!!

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:23 pm

I don't know Florida hunting regulations but in Georgia there is no limit on magazine capacity on rifles it only applies to shot guns and we are limited to 3 rounds in the gun when hunting birds and 5 rds when hunting deer which I understand the part for birds but not for deer when rifles have no limit, I imagine if your hunting with just a hand gun and the limit is 5 rds they will probably hold you to it which makes no sense since revolvers at least most hold six rds you might want to look at the regs and see if that only applies to rifles and shot guns they may have a clause in there for Hand guns that allow more capacity
DOI Airboat Instructor

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Sniper, how's the recoil on that piece .... something tells me that the angle of the grip is near perfect to help prevent too much rise.

Olf

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Not really familiar with STI but that thing looks suspiciously like it has some 1911 blood in its lineage. If so thats all I need to know to give it a thumbs up...........Grinn
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:08 am

Its called a 2011 it has a lot like a 1911 and there are some improvements like a double stack mag, it holds 15 rds of 10mm as well, STI has won more world Championship pistol competitions than any other gun manufacturer it is the gun of choice for all the people that shoot the steel challenge and other pistol comps like that, My Friend Jessie Duff that shoot for Torus shoots an STI frame with a Torus slide on it
DOI Airboat Instructor

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Waterthunder » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:34 am

I love the 10mm round,,I read it was originally designed for the secret service or another branch of the government but its velocity caused to much thru an thru. Then somebody shortened it to slow it down (45 acp) concept and created the 40. A round which I love to carry. A stacked 10mm or stacked 40mm is a lot of fire power. I love my HnK USP 40s both full size and compact. I'm afraid to ask you Sniper how much that lovely piece of jewelry set you back.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:43 am

I got a deal I could not refuse other wise I would still just be wishing for one they are totally hand made in texas
and they are so heavily sought after that every one they build is sold before they make them 5 to 8 months waiting list depending on which model you get and it is by far the most accurate center fire pistol I have ever shot
DOI Airboat Instructor

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Sniper wrote:I got a deal I could not refuse other wise I would still just be wishing for one they are totally hand made in texas
and they are so heavily sought after that every one they build is sold before they make them 5 to 8 months waiting list depending on which model you get and it is by far the most accurate center fire pistol I have ever shot

Good for you, man. I wanna see some pics of that first 12 pointer. :)

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:51 am

Ken the recoil is not bad to me but you can sure tell your shooting a magnum cartridge good bit of muzzle flash
and you can really feel the shock wave around you on the full house loads, with the new powder that is coming out
1500 + fps will not be a problem with a 155 gn bullet
DOI Airboat Instructor

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:18 am

Sniper wrote:Ken the recoil is not bad to me but you can sure tell your shooting a magnum cartridge good bit of muzzle flash
and you can really feel the shock wave around you on the full house loads, with the new powder that is coming out
1500 + fps will not be a problem with a 155 gn bullet

Wow! Good on ya man. Enjoy! :)

Planeguy
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Planeguy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:37 am

This is my preferred.
Attachments
9bf39cc0170e90be505a82038976a07f.jpg
Kills moose at 100 yards as pictured.

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:11 am

yea but they won't let us carry wheel guns anymore on duty and with all that going on now a days probably need more than six shots
but nice Canon
DOI Airboat Instructor

Tropical Itch
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Tropical Itch » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:21 am

I have 2 10mm. a Bren 10, and a delta elite built for bowling pin competition. LOVE them both

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:41 am

OMG you have a Bren 10 those things are worth a Kings Ransom, I have only seen one of those in my life and I had a chance to buy it and did not do it, big mistake, I'm a big fan of 10 mm very close to a 41 magnum
DOI Airboat Instructor

Tropical Itch
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Tropical Itch » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:45 pm

sniper. I love it. bought cuz it was the original hand gun for sunny crocket on Miami vice. then I found a cop who had had a custom shoulder holster made which also held 5 xtra clips. its definitely a keeper

Sniper
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Sniper » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Miami vice is what got me interested in 10 mm got a 10 mm Glock when they first came out
the ser#us091 the folks at Glock try to buy it from me all the time, please post a picture of your Bren 10
I would love to see it
DOI Airboat Instructor

Tropical Itch
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Tropical Itch » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:29 pm

will do when I get home.
have box and all

Return to “Gun Talk”