I don't know anyone in Alabama to notify about this - maybe U do and can AlerT them.
ALERT! Look Out ALABAMA! Here comes D.J. Parten's Bait & Switch
DATE: March 18, 2019
TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends
FROM: Marion P. Hammer
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President
It looks like D.J. Parten is making a move on Alabama. We’ve heard that he’s trying to establish himself in another state – Alabama. So, if you know people in Alabama, forward this email to them to give them a heads-up. Alabama is our neighbor, be neighborly!
D.J. Parten claims he wants to protect your guns rights, but he's actually trying to raise money for his boss in Colorado.
D.J. Parten claims to be Executive Director of "Florida Gun Rights" (FLGR) but this so-called "organization" has no actual presence in Florida.
When he asks you to send money to fund the imaginary operation in Florida, he uses a Tallahassee, Florida address for you to mail your checks. But the address where you send money to Florida Gun Rights is actually a drop box in a UPS Store in a strip mall in north Tallahassee where UPS employees box up the mail and ship it off to their customer's real address somewhere else (like Colorado).
On his LinkedIn account, D.J. Parten claims to be the Regional Director of the National Association of Gun Rights (NAGR). NAGR is in Colorado. That’s the same LinkedIn account where D.J. Parten says he has Bloomberg certification.
So just who is D.J. Parten, really? He signs email that floods into Florida always asking for money. He tries to pull, extract, and drag money out of unsuspecting Floridians on the pretense of saving their gun rights.
It’s a classic “bait and switch.” They pull you in claiming to protect your gun rights then beg you for money.
In short, D.J. Parten heads up a sockpuppet operation – a fundraising organization that has no real presence in a state except for a shell game of addresses to rake in contributions.
It is clearly just another name for the National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) a primarily Internet run organization based in Colorado with mail drop boxes around the country to receive contributions.
Florida has not been alone with our scammers.
In Iowa, the scam artist wasn’t named D.J. Parten, it was Aaron Dorr.
Watch the video below where Rep. Matt Windschitl, author of the biggest pro-gun bill in Iowa history, exposes Aaron Dorr the “Iowa Gun Owners” group (a.k.a. NAGR in Colorado) for failing to register in support of HF517 and lying to people.
In Ohio, the scam artist is Chris Dorr (Aaron’s brother) Read this:
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio-gu ... -here-help
So LOOK OUT ALABAMA! D.J. Parten is moving his operation into Alabama. Fore-warned is fore-armed. Don't let him fool your legislators or stick his hand in your pockets.
- Main Forum
- ↳ Airboat Talk
- ↳ Airboat Tech
- ↳ Airboat Sound
- ↳ Aircraft Power Only
- ↳ Automotive Power Only
- ↳ Prop Talk
- ↳ High Performance Talk
- ↳ Mini-Airboats
- ↳ Airboating Historical Archives
- ↳ Airboat Safety
- ↳ Navigational Hazards
- ↳ GPS Locations - Alaska
- ↳ GPS Locations - Florida (Central)
- ↳ GPS Locations - Florida (North)
- ↳ GPS Locations - Florida (South)
- ↳ GPS Locations - Georgia
- ↳ GPS Locations - Louisiana
- ↳ GPS Locations - Nebraska
- ↳ GPS Locations - Texas
- ↳ Airboat News
- ↳ Site Related
- ↳ Southern Airboat Classifieds
- Regional Airboating
- ↳ Alaska Airboaters
- ↳ Alaskan Airboating News & Events
- ↳ Alaskan Club Talk
- ↳ Florida Airboaters
- ↳ Florida Airboating News & Events
- ↳ Florida Club Talk
- ↳ Georgia Airboaters
- ↳ Georgia Airboating News & Events
- ↳ Georgia Club Talk
- ↳ Louisiana Airboaters
- ↳ Louisiana Airboating News & Events
- ↳ Louisiana Club Talk
- ↳ Michigan Airboaters
- ↳ Michigan Airboating News & Events
- ↳ Michigan Club Talk
- ↳ Nebraska Airboaters
- ↳ Nebraska Airboating News & Events
- ↳ Nebraska Club Talk
- ↳ Texas Airboaters
- ↳ Texas Airboating News & Events
- ↳ Texas Club Talk
- ↳ Utah Airboaters
- Other Intersting Stuff
- ↳ On the Hill
- ↳ Out Back
- ↳ Hunting & Fishing
- ↳ Texas
- ↳ Gun Talk
- ↳ Gun Rights
- ↳ Redneck Cuisine
- ↳ Other Important News
- ↳ Buggy Talk
- ↳ Eastern Airlines Flt 401 Crash
- ↳ Archived Airboat Events
- ↳ Freedom Ride
- ↳ Operation Airboat III
- ↳ Feburary Ride
- ↳ Operation Airboat II
- ↳ March Ride
- ↳ October Ride/Meet
- ↳ September Ride/Meet
- ↳ August Ride/Meet
- ↳ July Ride/Meet
- ↳ June Ride/Meet
- ↳ May Ride/Meet
- ↳ April Ride/Meet
- ↳ March Meet/Run - Orange Lake??
- ↳ February Meet/Run (what'll we call it?)
- ↳ Ride The Bus Into 2006
- ↳ December 3rd Run/Meet - Toys for Tot's Airboat Style
- ↳ October 8th Run/Meet - Milk Bus on Lake Kissimmee
- ↳ Operation Airboat - August 27, 2005
- ↳ Fun in the Run - July 30, 2005
- ↳ Okeechobee Run - June 25
- ↳ First Southern Airboat Monthly Run Set For Saturday, May 28
- ↳ Airboat Association of Florida Annual BBQ
- ↳ Seminole County Airboat Club 5th Year Birthday Party
- ↳ KRVSA Cleanup & 2008 Member SA Celebration
- By Invitation Only
- ↳ AHA (Airboater's Helping Airboaters)