Found gun, Big Cypress

Swamp buggies...buildin'em & runnin'em
JPerkins323
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Found gun, Big Cypress

Postby JPerkins323 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Thank you everyone for the nice posts. Really appreciated!
"BUZZ KILL"

12x6.8 .090 thousands 1/2 deck hunt boat with .125 backup plates and a lil' sheet of stainless. 0540 s/v spinning 5 blade sabers.....Ready to party.

Built by D&E Metal works in Homestead, FL: (786) 412-9018

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Lwells » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Is it possible to call the states CONCEAL TO CARRY agency and give them the serial number to run and see who the owner is for don't they have access to that type information? Also, I am surprised that any sheriffs office wouldn't be glad to run the number without possession of gun. Tell them your thinking about buying this gun and want to make sure it isn't stolen or envolved in a killing or anything. :dontknow:

Boatyz
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Boatyz » Tue May 22, 2018 11:50 pm

were you able to find the owner?

loudmouse
Southern Airboat Member

Postby loudmouse » Thu May 24, 2018 9:54 pm

IMHO, sit on the gun and do just as you have done. Do not turn it in they would not give it back to the owner if he did come forward. If no one claims the gun, enjoy your new weapon. Who knows maybe one day he will call to claim his lost gun. Thank you for being a stand up person as we all have lost things that was never returned...
15' Alumitech deckover LSX TT Oxbox 84" JX 4-blade
Gas required Water optional :dontknow:
Built and Tuned by Me
14'X8' JW, Chevrolet 122CID LNF Turbo Engine, Ox box, 80" NGR 3 blade

Life is short, eat your dessert first! :downtown:

swampfever
Southern Airboat Member

Postby swampfever » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:21 am

The lack of firearms knowledge displayed in this thread is odd. Given that most are active sportsmen.
There is nothing to do but what the OP has done. He jumped on a couple message boards to get the word out and is standing by for a response.
Yes I noticed how old the thread is.

There is no..tracking owners by serial number. Florida does not have registration. There is no Federal registration. Nor tracking firearms owners from a Federal data base.
The only data base is a State stolen firearm check. Obviously of little value In this case.
Good job OP..

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Duece » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 am

I agree with the above post. Also to the 1 saying it was a careless gun owner that lost this have you ever been to Big Cypress? That place is so rough I've had it open beer bottles in my cooler before in ICE (not water). It's rough, and a gun can easily bounce off of a buggy (seen it happen). Also, I think very few criminals are going to Big Cypress (except the occasional game outlaw), so I don't think the gun getting "in the wrong hands" is likely either. Before you open them gums to down somebody, how about knowing what in the hell you're talking about.

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x7'6" Diamondback ZZ4 350/355hp 2.37:1 Stinger gearbox 80" 3 blade NGR series

Return to “Buggy Talk”