Airboat Must Haves

Tips, training, and safety.
:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Airboat Must Haves

Postby :) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:51 pm

:lol: Wife is good till it starts getting dark!!
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby akblackdawg » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:24 am

A GUN!!!! What the heck good is a gun going to be if you are stuck in the middle of the swamps. Maybe you figure a man eating gator is coming after you, or a Florida Panther may attack at any moment. Chance are, a gun would be worthless in a survival situation. You can survive a long time with just water and no food. something to purify water or filter it would be much more critical to have. If a gun is necessary, make it a flair gun that would be of great value. Got nothing against guns, I have some myself. Maybe you need to have one to blow out your brains before you get ate alive by one of the varmets or skittas or ants out there. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

papajack
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Must have gear in boat

Postby papajack » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:02 am

Bump this up to go with similar new thread. Maybe moderator could combine the two???

12PSI
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby 12PSI » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 am

TOILET PAPER! And yes, a gun.

mojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Postby mojoe » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Water, Communication device, shelter(tarp/adequate clothing), food(non perishable snacks), knife, lighter, gun.... And all that other stuff. In that order!

First priority is supplies to keep yourself alive and get help. Keep them in something sealed that floats and somewhere that they will "pop up" if the boat suddenly disappears. Secondary is the stuff to salvage the boat. The specific items vary based on geography and weather, but the priorities don't change.

I have sunk a boat in the winter in 15' of water. I had all kinds of goodies and life preservers on board. The only thing that popped up was a cooler. Don't just worry about what you have on board. Pay attention to how you store it. They go down FAST!!!
Airboating is like marriage: There are unlimited ways a person can be right, and somehow still be wrong at the same time!!

dougeey
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby dougeey » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

akblackdawg wrote:A GUN!!!! What the heck good is a gun going to be if you are stuck in the middle of the swamps. Maybe you figure a man eating gator is coming after you, or a Florida Panther may attack at any moment. Chance are, a gun would be worthless in a survival situation. You can survive a long time with just water and no food. something to purify water or filter it would be much more critical to have. If a gun is necessary, make it a flair gun that would be of great value. Got nothing against guns, I have some myself. Maybe you need to have one to blow out your brains before you get ate alive by one of the varmets or skittas or ants out there. Bud

Akblackdawg you have not been around my wife when the skeeters and heat gets to her! :slap: :violent1: The gun will come in handy :toothy7: :toothy7:
Doug

pontoon outlaw
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby pontoon outlaw » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:23 pm

:cheers: my wife with the big flotation devices that are natural :slap: and of course all the other stuff mentioned :lol:

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Whitebear » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:15 am

I merged duplicate threads into this one. :thumbleft:
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby digginfool » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:43 am

One other item I would add to this list is a good state of mind. Keep your mind on the task at hand. Everything else can wait until later. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a clear mind as well. Too much alcohol will cloud your mind as well as your judgement and make focusing on the task that much more difficult.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

CactusJack
Southern Airboat Member

Postby CactusJack » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:54 am

Some spare engine oil and if your sump plug aint safety wired, one of them too..... a spare plug lead long enough for the furthest away plug.
I was told I was wrong, once (not sure I believe it though)
If you can't blind 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with BS
Airboat experience so far, limited to having bolted a gyrocopter to a flat bottom punt.... but THAT.... is about to change, bigtime :-)

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:54 pm

It's still hard to believe that there isn't one universal mariner symbol for "first aid" on board?

Debo75
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Debo75 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Prototype wrote:It's still hard to believe that there isn't one universal mariner symbol for "first aid" on board?

Well.... there are a few options out there.
20'x8' GTO w/ MAS 509 BBC, 2.38:1 Stinger, 4 blade Power Plus.

Billykid
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Billykid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:14 am

8) Automatic Rifle and plenty ammo !!!!! :rebel:

Return to “Airboat Safety”