WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Tips, training, and safety.
THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Postby THE NIGHT RIDER » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 am

I heard from a snake in the swamp they saw a purple airboat under water at the dam ?? just wonderin if it was our favorite engine modifyer ?? no big deal either way ,ive been under a few times myself and cant say i wont be again , shizit happens to us all ,I know its hard to stop slidin down that wooden ramp and with a step it must be even harder, lets hear the story ,its allgood ,sink em pull em up pullem in and flush em out ,just like new !!!
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Postby Tony480 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:43 am

:(
Last edited by Tony480 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Waterthunder
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Waterthunder » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:42 am

Guy's I had two jet skiers running the wrong side of the river. And I had my 4 year old daughter and wife on the boat. I ran all the way up to the bank and was prepared to run into it and they never turned. At the last minute I realized this guy had no idea what he should do and he never even turned right he kept turning left. There was also a 2nd jet ski in the very middle of the river so if I broke the number one rule never turn left to avoid a collision CHANCES WERE ----- turning left we would have done a head on with the jet ski in the middle of the river because they were not turning right either. So at the last minute I realized my family would be hurt if I hit the trees an bank so I took a chance floored it and turned left some how drove between a jet skier in the middle and the one on the wrong side of the river and I missed both jet skiers in a part of the river that is very narrow.

After realizing two incompetent drivers almost seriously hurt an possibly killed my wife and child I lost my temper and did a 180 went to chase them down and that's when it sunk.

Just so everyone understands the severity of this,,,,,for a second I thought my family was going to be seriously hurt so no smart @$$ comments please.

Leave it up to Tony to claim I was on the wrong side of the river, one thing for sure I wasn't. He wasn't there so he knows nothing at all about what happened.

After seeing Tony response and considering how it seams only the worse comments are posted anymore This is my last post on Southern,

I was pissed at a very poor and foolish driver almost hurting my family but then to come on here and have a smart @$$ fellow airboater make a negative comment about me not realizing how I prevented a serious accident just makes me even madder. I no longer have any desire to deal with this type of BS.
THE PROOF IS IN THE PROP!

"If you copy someone you will only achieve what has already been done."

http://waterthunder.com/
321-508-5316

jrbass333
Southern Airboat Member

Postby jrbass333 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:56 am

WT. theires going to be haters when your on top , just don,t worry with them I enjoy your information and tech. I,ve learned a lot on here . I,m A/C all the way but if i went to car moter i would run one of yours. untell someone out runs ya,ll , ya,ll # 1 .

nomad41
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby nomad41 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:59 am

Dave I am glad your family is alright. The boat can be fixed.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomad41/
Treasurer FAA
Member:FAA, KRVSA ,IRCAA, FSCA

My old boat 14.5x8 Diamondback ,SBC Stroker,2.68 Stinger,Sensenich 82" R
Svcliche@yahoo.com

air-roberts
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby air-roberts » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 pm

thats something. when i was heading to Micki's after leaving you i almost did the same thing i was hugging the right side of the river and i seen one of them he was on the right side and i was going on a right turn to me and almost hit the 2nd jetski heading towards me very fast. i've been saying this for a long time if any vessel needs a flag it would be them when the water is up they take the airboat trails north river. a airboat is going to head on one time and someone is going to get hurt this needs to be addressed it's just happening to often they beached me before in my kicker boat north river they just don't realize that they are going in access of 70 m.p.h. and not paying attention

you would've thought after almost colliding with me just probably less then a hour before that they would've been more cautious
Last edited by air-roberts on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Tony480 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:08 pm

:(
Last edited by Tony480 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gblack15
Southern Airboat Member

Postby gblack15 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:11 pm

I met one head on trying to run the east trail just north of the cabbage on Saturday. Luckily it was short grass on the right and I hit the bushes to miss him. They definitely need flags and someone to remind them to slow down.

BTW: the one I saw was a red and white jet ski.

bondsman
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby bondsman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Your boat sinking may have been the good lord keeping you out of jail.having your family on board and them almost getting hurt or killed makes a real parent mad to the point they would kill or maime someones asss!
If life looks hairy in front of you! Shave it and put a condom on.

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby JB550 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Glad to hear you are all ok :salute:

harley
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby harley » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:18 pm

why is it that our airboats require to have a flag and other water craft are not.. our boats are allready heigher in the water and louder than all of the water crafts on the water , but we are the only ones that haft to run a flag.. them small bass boats run the river 50 -60 + mph with nof flag and you hardley can see them in the water comming stright at ya. but them dam tiny ass jetskies haul ass 70+ mph with no flag and seem to always be the ones who get us airboaters in trouble on the water.. every water craft should haft to run a flag :shock: ... what is up with this b.s , the law no's all about this it's been said over and over again , and still nothing beaing done about it.. :x . but yet when there is a crash on the water with a airboat and another water craft it's the airboats fault most of the time , in the eyes of the law .b.s... :shock:
14x8 Diamondback / SBC Power.

"ALL THROTTLE NO BOTTLE"

Qwikdiesel
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Qwikdiesel » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Glad everyones ok. A step boat and those tight "S" curves in the river are not a very good scenerio when you have to power out of a situation.

Theres no way i'm putting my boat in the trees for a jet ski. They're just going to have to take they're chances with the bow if they we're indeed running the wrong side.
Rule #1.. There Not Fake If You Can Touch Them!!

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby cont520 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 pm

JB540 wrote:Glad to hear you are all ok :salute:

X2 glad the wife and kiddo are ok.
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of usfth
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby fl cracker » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:38 pm

X3 , outcome could have been very different if dave didn't do what he had done. Some of the jet skiers out there definitely deserve to be choke slammed!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

aherr520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby aherr520 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:52 pm

I remember seeing one of them stuck in the weeds about a year ago south of Laughmans ,I guess he was going to fast for the turn he had to make and lost it I'm glad he was stoped before he ran into me they are very careless and don't care about any other boaters glad no one got hurt this time.
aaof member

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Thunder glad to hear you and your family were not harmed ... this is Southern Airboat .. where we all get way up in each others butt .. butt when the chips are down we don't want anyone hurt. Most especially Family ... so get your azz back on here LOL you been picked on for so long on here and done so much of our own teasing it ought to be normal to you by now ..

As for jet skiers.. they are a prime example of .. just because you can buy one it don't mean you can drive one.... As for hitting one .. well is it really worth killing one ?? and in that split second decision and the interrogation that is bound to follow .. you better be certain you were 100% in the right not 99 or 99.5 .. but 100% because they gonna hang it in your butt if there is serious injury or death involved. So ME I will still take the tree's or bank or dodgem somehow .. My findings are most boaters have never even looked at the coast guard regulations let alone read them or understand them ... so be sure when you decide to kill someone .. you got it right .. because them almost hitting you and making you mad will not work in court for justification .. just sayin
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Thunder200
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Thunder200 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Dont you know he had to put his Tony480 opinion into this post and every other one on here. Pretty sure BigBadWolf had him included in his thoughts when he posted about James last week. And no Im not a Waterthunder Cheerleader. I own an Aircraft motor and always will. The River is Dangerous During the daytime for all of us with all the blind Corners. Glad to hear you and your family are alright Dave!

air-roberts
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby air-roberts » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:45 pm

your exactly right RAJ84 i almost hate airboating or boating at all during the day at the river here because of this. and this is a prime example for my wife on the reason why i like going to the river at night because she don't understand and makes no sense that it's safer at night then the day
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer

Cyraxx0120
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby Cyraxx0120 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:54 pm

Tony that post really makes you sound like an ass!!!
Lifes like flipping a coin, sometimes you get head, sometimes you get tail

MJD291
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby MJD291 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5p8IXzNdc

This video seemed fitting since we have had so much hate going on SA for the last 2 weeks. LOL! Glad to hear you and the fam are OK Dave.
Last edited by MJD291 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I LOVE THE SMELL OF AV GAS IN THE MORNING. IT SMELLS LIKE..... VICTORY

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby skinnypockets » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:22 pm

We were out there sunday also and saw the jet skiers. No near misses with them but did meet a outboard in the middle of the channel in a blind curve running wide open. Fortunatly I was hugging the right bank and had reduced my speed so we avoided a possible collision.

If the guy in the outboard had been looking, he would have seen my flag, slowed down and moved to the right, however, like they say, you can't fix stupid!

The flags are a good thing and I'm sure they have already saved lives. From what I understand, the flag law was written By Sen. Bill Nelson at the request on airboaters in south Florida. (that's what I was told, could be wrong).

The problem is, it wasn't taken far enough and should be required on every watercraft in Florida from innertubes to pontoon boats. Anything that can hide in the grass! With the water down recently there were many places the grass and willows were more than ten feet high.

Seems like just about everytime I go out I find jet skis, kyacs, conoes or bass boats in the trails with grass ten feet high on either side. The law needs to be amended to include anything that hits the water.

My guess would be to start by contacting Nelsons' office and asking for his help.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? :rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

AV8R040
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby AV8R040 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Dave
Im glad you and your family are safe the boat will be fixed easily. As for flags they should be required on every vessel operated in any kind of vegitation.

Also ask Yobee were you blowing your whistle?
Nugent/Palin 2016

Stephen09
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Stephen09 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:31 pm

What about NO skis in the river north of the dam it's the tightest right there. glad to see the hart family is ok. and if we have to have flags they should have them too!

P.s if I have a jet ski I wouldn't be running it in the river with airboats just my opinion

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Bubba » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:32 pm

Good job Dave on avoiding the wreck. Glad everyone was ok.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

apache220
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby apache220 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Dave glad to hear you and your family are ok.I think flags should be an all vessels in the waterway.
13'6" apache with 220
volusia county sportsmans conservation association
MEMBER United Sportsman for Traditional Heritage

Return to “Airboat Safety”