WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Tips, training, and safety.
Cowboy Rock
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Post by Cowboy Rock » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Dave,,, Your quick thinking saved your family, glad ya'll are ok,,, Also glad that you did not catch up with them, you might be in jail now,,, But I hate that your boat sank,,, Good luck,,, But dont stop coming on here,,, You are a better man than to let the comments run you off,,,

:drunken: :rebel: :old_glory:
Wet Dreams Too,,,

14 ft. Panther,,, 370ci SBC, 72 in Whirlwind Whispertip, Line-X-350 X bottom,,,

"Full bloodied Dog hunting man"

Dry Branch, Ga.

Thats how I roll,,,

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 pm

MJD291 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5p8IXzNdc

This video seemed fitting since we have had so much hate going on SA for the last 2 weeks. LOL!
Last edited by Tony480 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rogerlucas
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by rogerlucas » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Cyraxx0120 wrote:Tony that post really makes you sound like an ass!!!
x2
~~~~~~~~ Blew Bayou~~~~~~~~

air-roberts
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by air-roberts » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:56 pm

well i just got off the phone with dave just to confirm and yes it fit the same description it was the same 2 jetskis that about crashed into me right after leaving dave at moccasin i hope who ever they were gets wind of this post. thank god that nothing happened to his wife and 4 yr old daughter or it wouldn't have been good but it will cost him about $4000.00 in electronics we was out there earlier testing and had all kind of computers and different electronic equipment that got wet and ruined. and yes better that then a life but something needs to be done about this those skies are going to get someone killed similar situations have happened to me to many times that i'm scared to take the airboat trails during the day especially north river
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:57 pm

rogerlucas wrote:
Cyraxx0120 wrote:Tony that post really makes you sound like an ass!!!
x2
x about 200
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

rocketrob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by rocketrob » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Introduction time ; I,ve been following and reading this site for a year now and ride the withlacoochee when I,m down there from Ontario . I have read and learned a lot from many of your posts even prior to buying my first airboat but I follow Waterthunders tech and research closley .
TONY ; tooooo many times on hear have I read your negative responses and the one above is just another example . DO NOT drive a wedge between the members on this totally awsome web site . I look forward to meeting my fellow airboaters as time passes and will definatly be looking up Dave in the future as my brain is always engaged when it comes to
mechanical devices .
Dave ; Please consider where this comes from and do not make this your last post .
Tony ; apologies are required regarding the post you made above .
PLEASE !!!
rocketrob

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by THE NIGHT RIDER » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Wow ,I guess that snake was right ,I'm sorry to hear of the trauma u and ur fam had to endure ,as I.stated I've.been there before and can't say I won't be again ,I also almost had an encounter with skis myself this weekend ,the blind orner are terrible ,again Dave sincerely I'm glad u or yours were not hurt
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

BluByU2
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BluByU2 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Irresponsible boaters are the main reason I don't like running any river, and choose instead to stay in skinny water. Even that is not a safe place all the time. A few years ago, there was one guy who would paddle his canoe in the trails between Bull$hit Hill , and Hickory Island (when the water was up). He did this frequently, and he did not have a flag, nor would he stand up or raise his paddle so he could be seen. I honestly believe he wanted to be run over by an airboat just to file a law suit. We just have to be vigilant, and make sure we have our flags.

rocketrob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by rocketrob » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:40 pm

END of post TONY ; noticed your comments are gone ??????
Rocketrob

rocketrob
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by rocketrob » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:54 pm

THUNDER ; in my two previous posts I have been focused on an issue and have forgotten twice to wish you the best on the water . Sorry to hear of the incident today and hope you and your family will enjoy many years of boating to come .
PLEASE KEEP POSTING ;
rocketrob

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:07 pm

http://www.boatingbasicsonline.com/cont ... 6_2_b3.php

Well i tried to research the wrong side of the river and could not find it it the fl rules? It did say if a collision occurs both parties are at fault?

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:36 pm

glad u guys was ok the boat is always replaceable u and your fam. isent ..
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

mrfixit
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mrfixit » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:19 pm

My 2 cents worth mainly glad to here you avoided what could of been a realy bad accident and realy for sure glad your family is safe. sorry to heard you sank your boat hope every thing works out.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Rocket Rob, after a year of reading this site and learning one would think that somebody such as yourself could contribute to this site other than spineless , limp noodle pandering talk. I am sure tony would not have posted what he did if the post from Dave was at the top of the list. Nobody on this site wishes harm to anybody or the family so give it a rest. Don't forget that happiness is a north bound Yankee !!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 pm

fl cracker wrote:Rocket Rob, after a year of reading this site and learning one would think that somebody such as yourself could contribute to this site other than spineless , limp noodle pandering talk. I am sure tony would not have posted what he did if the post from Dave was at the top of the list. Nobody on this site wishes harm to anybody or the family so give it a rest. Don't forget that happiness is a north bound Yankee !!
x2
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Maybe its fantasy but wouldnt it be cool to get one of these really massive 4 engine work airboats to park at the dam with watchers North along the water. When the Jet Skis start their reckless ops, fire that bad boy up and head up the river as hard as it will run! Things might soprt themselves out. Yeh its pure fantasy, but.......

Dave you did well as captain of your vessel in avoiding an accident. I am happy no one in your family was harmed. I certainly agree, some comments were not deserved.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Sorry about ur boat Dave, glad everyone is safe.

Dave, please come on back after you've cooled a bit. U Gotta automaticly when ur names up In a post, Tony has got to put in a jab! HR can't help it. Its what Tony does. U have far more followers than haters. I'm not a customer of yours but the stuff you do is awesome.
Hey Tony, YouTube daytime waterthunder, watch the clip closely. That's why the hype!
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:05 pm

How did we go so long without seeing that Video? LoL
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by yobee » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:33 pm

There actually is a law that all watercraft must have a flag in high vegetation. It gives a number in ft as to how high the grass had to be, but it exists if you look for it. Might want to pass it on as a reminder to bcso lol.
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

terrible ted
Southern Airboat Member

Post by terrible ted » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm

can you find that law

I really been looking so far all i found is zilch Nada zero. I cant find anything about any boat beside us needing a flag.

http://myfwc.com/boating/boating-regulations/#nogo

i did not know you can not ride at night on one even with lights.

http://myfwc.com/boating/boating-regulations/#nogo

ok right and wrong side finally here it is rule 9 A vessel will run a channel on the starboard side of that Chanel.
that is the right hand side.

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by John C » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Dave, sorry to hear about your incident with the jet skiers. Thank God your family was not harmed. nothing else matters. I understand your feelings about SA. We all have pretty thick skin on here. But its different when family is involved. If you were on your boat alone or with one of the guys I'm sure it would be a whole different story. I know there are some haters on here, but I believe there are few and far inbetween. I honestly believe the naysayers would not wish anything negitive toward you or your family. Some just like to throw darts and sometimes they let them go before all the facts are known. JMO. I wish you and your family well and look foward to seeing your posts again soon.

John C

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 pm

I think Im gaining an understanding of those who would diss others.
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

blown480
Southern Airboat Member

Post by blown480 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:44 pm

tony, sink, swim ,maybe your negative asss commentin body mite make it to shore, yea you heard me rite, call me me if theres a problem about this post would love to talk to ya, , my #'s all over sa, hope to see you thurs at tnt at the oakhead , like you been talkin bout commin, the club is cookin, would LOVE to MEAT you there, jmo

Swampmusic
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Swampmusic » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Glad to know you and the family are OK. I do have a question though Does the "stand your ground law" apply to a- hole jet skis that are endangering your family??
Sure you can trust the government, Just ask an Indian

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:14 pm

I'll be the first to admit I jumped the gun on this one. Anybody who knows me knows that I would not anything to happen to a man or his family. It was all in fun. But I admit it probably wasn't the right time. So my apology to you Dave. I can admit when I'm wrong.

Return to “Airboat Safety”