WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Tips, training, and safety.
cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Post by cntry141iq » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:22 pm

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

jrbass333
Southern Airboat Member

Post by jrbass333 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:55 am

Takes a big man to apologize . Tony480 we all watch you and Dave pick at each other , if it was the other way we would have came to your defence. also Dave hope ya,ll are ok and boat,s ok .

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 am

I think more of a man that apologize when he's made a mistake than one that doesn't! and keeps running that cock holster!
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

C1gator
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by C1gator » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 am

As I read the post, I could see the whole seen playing out in my head, and it really hits home thinking about having your family in the boat and being in a possibly life or death situation.....It's posts like these that really makes a man think about where and when you take your boat out.....Dave, you obviously made the right decision in that brief moment because you and your family are safe...To hell with the boat, it's just a boat....I do not know you personally, and I do not know what the outcome would have been if you would have actually caught up with these dudes...Might have been much worse than sinking a boat.......They will get what they got coming....Very glad you and your family are safe.....

suprchrgz
Southern Airboat Member

Post by suprchrgz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:27 am

MAN O MAN WATTA THREAD,,,IVE READ ABOUT ALL I COULD STAND,,FIRST GLAD TO DEF HEAR THAT NO ONE WAS HURT N MORE IMPORTANTLY I THINK THAT MOST OF ALL PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WE R ONE BIG FAMILY ON HERE AND THAT EVEN THOUGH TONY THREW A COUPLE WRONG COMMENTS AT THE WRONG TIME I DNT THINK THAT THERE WAS HATRED TOWARDS DAVE ON HERE ,,LOL,, DAVE IS A ICON ON HERE IN MANY WAYS THAT I DONT EVEN WANNA B THE ONE TO CREDIT HIM ON,,LMFAO N FACT OF THE MATTER MAY B THAT HE (TONY480) AS WELL AS I LOOKED AT AS ,,JUS ANOTHER C/M OFFF THE RIVER,,N ANY ONE PERSON THAT HASNT SUNK A BOAT (KNOCK ON WOOD I HAVENT ) BUT OUR DAY IS COMIN REST ASSURD IF U RIDE FREQUENLY,,JUS SH!TTY IT HAPPEND TO A MAN THIS WAY

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 am

suprchrgz wrote:MAN O MAN WATTA THREAD,,,IVE READ ABOUT ALL I COULD STAND,,FIRST GLAD TO DEF HEAR THAT NO ONE WAS HURT N MORE IMPORTANTLY I THINK THAT MOST OF ALL PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WE R ONE BIG FAMILY ON HERE AND THAT EVEN THOUGH TONY THREW A COUPLE WRONG COMMENTS AT THE WRONG TIME I DNT THINK THAT THERE WAS HATRED TOWARDS DAVE ON HERE ,,LOL,, DAVE IS A ICON ON HERE IN MANY WAYS THAT I DONT EVEN WANNA B THE ONE TO CREDIT HIM ON,,LMFAO N FACT OF THE MATTER MAY B THAT HE (TONY480) AS WELL AS I LOOKED AT AS ,,JUS ANOTHER C/M OFFF THE RIVER,,N ANY ONE PERSON THAT HASNT SUNK A BOAT (KNOCK ON WOOD I HAVENT ) BUT OUR DAY IS COMIN REST ASSURD IF U RIDE FREQUENLY,,JUS SH!TTY IT HAPPEND TO A MAN THIS WAY
its not if your going to sink------but when.........
your not an airboater till you sink one..........
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:54 am

scrambletown wrote:
suprchrgz wrote:MAN O MAN WATTA THREAD,,,IVE READ ABOUT ALL I COULD STAND,,FIRST GLAD TO DEF HEAR THAT NO ONE WAS HURT N MORE IMPORTANTLY I THINK THAT MOST OF ALL PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WE R ONE BIG FAMILY ON HERE AND THAT EVEN THOUGH TONY THREW A COUPLE WRONG COMMENTS AT THE WRONG TIME I DNT THINK THAT THERE WAS HATRED TOWARDS DAVE ON HERE ,,LOL,, DAVE IS A ICON ON HERE IN MANY WAYS THAT I DONT EVEN WANNA B THE ONE TO CREDIT HIM ON,,LMFAO N FACT OF THE MATTER MAY B THAT HE (TONY480) AS WELL AS I LOOKED AT AS ,,JUS ANOTHER C/M OFFF THE RIVER,,N ANY ONE PERSON THAT HASNT SUNK A BOAT (KNOCK ON WOOD I HAVENT ) BUT OUR DAY IS COMIN REST ASSURD IF U RIDE FREQUENLY,,JUS SH!TTY IT HAPPEND TO A MAN THIS WAY
your not an airboater till you sink one..........
I disagree with the not an airboater til u sink one but agree with the rest of the statement
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Qwikdiesel
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Qwikdiesel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:04 am

:banghead: I was upset too finding out i'm not an airboater b/c I haven't sunk one either :cry:

:D
Rule #1.. There Not Fake If You Can Touch Them!!

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by JB550 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:27 am

Qwikdiesel wrote::banghead: I was upset too finding out i'm not an airboater b/c I haven't sunk one either :cry:

x2 Airboatin scince 92 and probably had over a thousand hours in last century but guess I aint no real airboater either Qwik LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by THE NIGHT RIDER » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 am

Ok , tony did hiseee duty to appoligize like the man he is.we all well most well maybe some of us say and do things we shouldn't in hast before we know the facts ,I just heard ( from a snake) that sir water thunder went down under the water line and was curious if it was actually his boat .were all glad ( even our bud tony ) Dave or fam wasn't hurt in the deal .let's get back to workin Dave on other things (like hidden nos lines or bottles ) Lolo and just hope he keeps her above the water line from now on ,I'd say we have a benifit beerfest oakhead to help him recoup some cash for all the electronics he lost that day .I'm almost positive that water wasn't good for any of it .ill chip in a few bucks its the least I can do for a fellow airboater .some like Dave some don't but we can put that issue to rest and help him out .what do all yall yawhos think.???
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

R L Williams
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by R L Williams » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 am

Yep, I guess I'm not a true airboater either, I got thru my young and rash days, (does half sunk many times count?), This last go round I'm damn careful, being old and decrepit. :drunken:
:proud:
:florida:
Last edited by R L Williams on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"GRASS SCOOTER"
Member of the over the hill gang.
United Sportsmen Airboaters Alliance.
NRA life member.

gblack15
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gblack15 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 am

I think a Water Thunder fish fry sounds great.

Cyraxx0120
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Cyraxx0120 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:37 am

THE NIGHT RIDER wrote:Ok , tony did hiseee duty to appoligize like the man he is.we all well most well maybe some of us say and do things we shouldn't in hast before we know the facts ,I just heard ( from a snake) that sir water thunder went down under the water line and was curious if it was actually his boat .were all glad ( even our bud tony ) Dave or fam wasn't hurt in the deal .let's get back to workin Dave on other things (like hidden nos lines or bottles ) Lolo and just hope he keeps her above the water line from now on ,I'd say we have a benifit beerfest oakhead to help him recoup some cash for all the electronics he lost that day .I'm almost positive that water wasn't good for any of it .ill chip in a few bucks its the least I can do for a fellow airboater .some like Dave some don't but we can put that issue to rest and help him out .what do all yall yawhos think.???

I say we find those jet skiers and make them pay for the damage. :twisted:
Lifes like flipping a coin, sometimes you get head, sometimes you get tail

suprchrgz
Southern Airboat Member

Post by suprchrgz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:37 am

gblack15 wrote:I think a Water Thunder fish fry sounds great.
:D I SUPPORT THIS 100%,, I THINK A DATE IN NEAR FUTURE SHOULD B SET FOR A GOOD THURSDAY NITE,,,

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 am

Make it a weekend and I will come support it. It's just to hard to get there for a Thursday ride
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of usfth
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

swampdragster
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swampdragster » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:44 am

maybe yall should do it for all the airboaters that have had a wreck or made a error in driving......there are a few of them out there.
glad nobody was hurt, sounds like dave did a good job avoiding a wreck but not so good on turning around to get on there a$$ , little boat big boy :oops: .......hope nobody shows off my back stroke skills in hernando :lol: :lol: :lol:
UNLIMITED SWAMPDRAGSTER DRIVER
QUICK SLICK on every dang thing!!!!

air-roberts
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by air-roberts » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:51 am

i agree with both ideas and we need to start by trying to find out what we can about these jet skis like where they put in at i know someone else seen them and maybe where they started like i said i encountered them just north of Micki's heading north @ about 4:00 ish i'll find out what time dave's encounter happened because they should at least pitch in on some electronic funds
and along with the fish fry maybe some kind of petition about all water vessels on the st johns made to have flags so this will stop happening before someone gets killed this has happened to me at least 3 or 4 times that was close calls
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer

Blownaway540
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Blownaway540 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 am

They are not grass rakes, they are jet-ski rakes, with one you can go over them, without, they end up in your lap.
IGSO 0540 (W/out IG) built by the late, great, Dick Hoffman, 13 ft. Alumitech. Member - CRA, KRVSA

Thunder200
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Thunder200 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Tony your the man for the apology, I think we all jumped the gun including me. I just wish FWC and BCSO would sneak in on this post like they do for our cleanups and listen to the warnings and concerns we have about all the jet skiers before some one gets killed. God forbid you " ACCIDENTALLY" hit one of these guys or they hit you, with a couple adult beverages under your belt. Now your Talking about Manslaughter. We are standing Bigger and Taller on the waterways than they do and we have to have a flag???? They should as well !! JMO :dontknow:

air-roberts
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by air-roberts » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:22 pm

RAJ84 wrote:Tony your the man for the apology, I think we all jumped the gun including me. I just wish FWC and BCSO would sneak in on this post like they do for our cleanups and listen to the warnings and concerns we have about all the jet skiers before some one gets killed. God forbid you " ACCIDENTALLY" hit one of these guys or they hit you, with a couple adult beverages under your belt. Now your Talking about Manslaughter. We are standing Bigger and Taller on the waterways than they do and we have to have a flag???? They should as well !! JMO :dontknow:
(BINGO) thats what i've been saying your exactly right when or if it ever happens what do you think the out come will be right or wrong the jet skier will be under the air boat and if the driver of the air boat has had a beer or two no matter of the situation who do you think will be charged now thats what I'm afraid of on top of some one getting killed and the survivor having to live with that and this can be stopped before it happens
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:27 pm

your not an airboater till you sink one..........[/quote]

Does this mean your not an airboater due to your C/M? I believe you have what the Yankees call Fan Boat! LOL :shock:
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

Thunder200
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Thunder200 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Robbie, when I was out Saturday for Jays Benefit I stopped atleast three times and turned my motor off just to listen for other airboats and such. I hate daytime riding unless im riding with other boats. Like you said to , I would hate to run over somebodys kid on a jet ski. and thats what would be said because more than likely youd run them over Wether you were in the right or wrong.

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Well turning around to chase them down was totally understandable ...
Last edited by cntry141iq on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Cyraxx0120 wrote:
THE NIGHT RIDER wrote:Ok , tony did hiseee duty to appoligize like the man he is.we all well most well maybe some of us say and do things we shouldn't in hast before we know the facts ,I just heard ( from a snake) that sir water thunder went down under the water line and was curious if it was actually his boat .were all glad ( even our bud tony ) Dave or fam wasn't hurt in the deal .let's get back to workin Dave on other things (like hidden nos lines or bottles ) Lolo and just hope he keeps her above the water line from now on ,I'd say we have a benifit beerfest oakhead to help him recoup some cash for all the electronics he lost that day .I'm almost positive that water wasn't good for any of it .ill chip in a few bucks its the least I can do for a fellow airboater .some like Dave some don't but we can put that issue to rest and help him out .what do all yall yawhos think.???

I say we find those jet skiers and make them pay for the damage. :twisted:
I disagree yall can all get mad at me if ud like however fact remains dave missed the skis and all was well everyone was safe and dry but he got pissed 180d the boat and sunk im sorry but not the jetskiers fault there come on guys... Ok let the bash fast on me begin
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

SthrnStyle3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SthrnStyle3 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:03 pm

I was riding the river this past weekend at night and had two jet skis fly by me. We had our running lights on, so they must of seen us but we didn't see them till they were right up on us...then they shined their mag lights. Sure does scare the crap outta ya! :violent1:
12' aluminum hull, 350 sbc w/ flattop Pistons and camel hump heads, side by side seating w/ double in front, 2:1 gearbox and a 78" whirlwind whispertip 2.0

Return to “Airboat Safety”