WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Tips, training, and safety.
cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Re: WATER THUNDER POWERED SUBMARINE ??

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Well turning around to chase them down was totally understandable ...
Last edited by cntry141iq on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Cyraxx0120 wrote:
THE NIGHT RIDER wrote:Ok , tony did hiseee duty to appoligize like the man he is.we all well most well maybe some of us say and do things we shouldn't in hast before we know the facts ,I just heard ( from a snake) that sir water thunder went down under the water line and was curious if it was actually his boat .were all glad ( even our bud tony ) Dave or fam wasn't hurt in the deal .let's get back to workin Dave on other things (like hidden nos lines or bottles ) Lolo and just hope he keeps her above the water line from now on ,I'd say we have a benifit beerfest oakhead to help him recoup some cash for all the electronics he lost that day .I'm almost positive that water wasn't good for any of it .ill chip in a few bucks its the least I can do for a fellow airboater .some like Dave some don't but we can put that issue to rest and help him out .what do all yall yawhos think.???

I say we find those jet skiers and make them pay for the damage. :twisted:
I disagree yall can all get mad at me if ud like however fact remains dave missed the skis and all was well everyone was safe and dry but he got pissed 180d the boat and sunk im sorry but not the jetskiers fault there come on guys... Ok let the bash fast on me begin
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

SthrnStyle3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by SthrnStyle3 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:03 pm

I was riding the river this past weekend at night and had two jet skis fly by me. We had our running lights on, so they must of seen us but we didn't see them till they were right up on us...then they shined their mag lights. Sure does scare the crap outta ya! :violent1:
12' aluminum hull, 350 sbc w/ flattop Pistons and camel hump heads, side by side seating w/ double in front, 2:1 gearbox and a 78" whirlwind whispertip 2.0

skinny99
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by skinny99 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:07 pm

cntry141iq wrote:

Like a guy I know who had a drug dealer put 6 thru his door of his bronco with a 357 magnum .. he turned his back and was relaoding the guy dropped him where he stood .. the new bullets that were being loaded fell on the ground .. the judge ruled while the drug dealers back was turned and even though he was reloading .. until he turned back around with raised gun in his hand ... he was no threat to the guy and he had no right to shoot him .. cost him and his family everything they owned to keep him out of jail ... it wasn't pretty. so just sayin .. TIMING IS EVERYTHING ..
How long ago was that cntry? The stand your ground law would have that guy in the right now. That is the big to do with
Trayvon. 5 years ago Zimmerman would have automatically been arrested for at least manslaughter. I don't care about that case but I
don't want our laws to change. You can actually defend your house and family right now. You don't have to run. You don't have to just submit and hope!
Successful people do what others won't or can't!

BCSO
Southern Airboat Member

Post by BCSO » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

I am listening, About two hours ago I just spoke to two jets skis, or PWC's, about this, they were at the Willow Shelter South of 192. One was black and red, the other black and white. They were older folks that belong to a club, they said their club does not have any youger people in it. I dont know the age of the people that were involved, I will call Dave on it. I broght up what has been spoke about, they did not object but they were not sure how to mount a flag. I also are not sure how a flag would work with the bending mounted 10 feet high, that is alot of pole to bend. I believe that this would be an FWC matter, SJWMD can make rule changes, FWC makes law changes. I will check more into this and bing up this matter at one of our meeting.

I push the flags. I was at a two boat accident where one boat did not have a flag and one of the first thigs the other boat said is "if they would have had a flag I could have seen them." If this was true or not who looks like the boat at faut right from the start.

Dave I am glad to hear you and the family are alright.

Another thing, if this post can be moved, I can forward it so other can view it and everyones concerns, The people who make the decistion on a matter like this should not have to create an account to view it. If it was not under the "log in to view" then the link could be shared and viewed. This is also a reason to keep thing professional when it out there for everyone to view. The other (Best) option would be to leave this were it is and if we get someone intrested in hearing the concerns start a new thread where anyone can view it and keep it professional and to the point. The way it stands now, with some of the comments I am sure it would not be possitively view by all who could read it.

JMO
Last edited by BCSO on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:11 pm

BRUCE your 100% right.
anger sank the boat!
not the jetskies.
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Thunder200
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Thunder200 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Bruce, its really tight turns From the Lake Washington Damm all the way to the Oak Trees. This could happen in any of those turns along that stretch. Its not wide open Territory like your used to. Not to say its the jet skiers fault but they are fast outta the whole and having fun around those turns and we are trying to get from Point to Point B. I think thats where the problem lies with the skiers is they are riding those turns for fun hauling Arse!!!!

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:18 pm

RAJ84 wrote:Bruce, its really tight turns From the Lake Washington Damm all the way to the Oak Trees. This could happen in any of those turns along that stretch. Its not wide open Territory like your used to. Not to say its the jet skiers fault but they are fast outta the whole and having fun around those turns and we are trying to get from Point to Point B. I think thats where the problem lies with the skiers is they are riding those turns for fun hauling Arse!!!!
Ill only argue that when our waters down our area is tight and twisty low visbility and north of 50 is just how you described but iagree fully with everything else flags should be mandatory on the st johns for all watercraft

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm

BCSO I am moving this thread to Safety Topic where anyone can read it.

This thread needs to be read in *CONTEXT*. The High Performance Forum was requested by the racers guys where they could talk their trash amongst themselves. It is at times NOT moderated unless someone PMs a complaint to us, and at other times only LIGHTLY moderated.

Now that this thread is out in public view any comments past this point will have to be governed by the SA Rules. Please feel free to continue posting, but under the Rules.

Scotty
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

Verojoe
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Verojoe » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Glad the Waterthunder Family was not injured! I will take a sunken boat any day as long as my real prized possessions
make it home safe and sound! Good job on avoiding the crash!
13ft Gilleo laser, Continental o520, just your average FL duck hunting boat.

getitdone
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by getitdone » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Happened to me about 5 years ago i was coming around a corner and met two jet skis with no flags. I tried to avoid hitting them and hit the bank instead. Only had boat about 1 week and sunk it in about 2-3 feet of water. But they did stop and help me recover boat and i drove it home.
"Poachers Dream"
13'x7'6" Hamant Ultralight With 0540 And 72"Q

Ruagatr
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Ruagatr » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Thunder...glad you and yours are ok. Sorry to see this happen n the water and in this thread. I am sure we all learned something from this.

Maddog

Gonzo
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Gonzo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:07 pm

I have been running that stretch of river north of weir since 1974. Yes, the punks on the jets do not seem to understand or care about water navigation regulations. I have also came across more than one airboater that thinks this stretch of river is a slolam coarse, or a newbie that thinks he is the only one out there and driving just past his experience level. It is a shame that situations like this are required to make people stop and reflect. I have known Dave for twenty something years, post occurance the juice hit ( anybody get a shot of the blue bottle under his shirt?). You bet it stinks, but maybe the Airboat Gods put his butt on the bottom for a reason! He did not require bail, he does not need a lawyer, he still has his family, and his four year old did not have to see WFO PSYCHO DADDY. Maybe we as caring and concerned boaters should approach the speedy little scooter drivers and have an educational moment in regard to the dangers involved with their wreckless activities. Gonzo

Nozzle Head

Post by Nozzle Head » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Whitebear wrote:BCSO I am moving this thread to Safety Topic where anyone can read it.

This thread needs to be read in *CONTEXT*. The High Performance Forum was requested by the racers guys where they could talk their trash amongst themselves. It is at times NOT moderated unless someone PMs a complaint to us, and at other times only LIGHTLY moderated.

Now that this thread is out in public view any comments past this point will have to be governed by the SA Rules. Please feel free to continue posting, but under the Rules.

Scotty

Great call!!!

A lot of really good info here and thank God its not a prayer post.

lunkr
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by lunkr » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm

From FWC fishing information Top Spots For Black Bass when fishing L67 canal.

"Most anglers fish in the canals rather than in the marsh. Anglers work canal edges with plastic worms, soft jerkbaits and minnow imitations. Flipping the vegetation is also a popular technique. During high water, some anglers will enter the marsh areas where bass can be found in the open slough areas. The L-67A and Alligator Alley canals have access trails off them that are specifically cut to provide boat access to adjacent marsh areas. Remember to display an orange flag 10 feet above your vessel when entering the marsh."
Paul

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:10 pm

im just CURIOUS TO WHY would their be a fund/fishfry raiser for sinking a boat ? i have seen many sink and heard of many while reading and being a member to this site .. and havent seen or heard of such!! just wondering !!that all :wink:
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:26 pm

JAMES wrote:im just CURIOUS TO WHY would their be a fund/fishfry raiser for sinking a boat ? i have seen many sink and heard of many while reading and being a member to this site .. and havent seen or heard of such!! just wondering !!that all :wink:
well if there is, this site owes me 3 fund raiser's.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

THE NIGHT RIDER
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by THE NIGHT RIDER » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:41 pm

scrambletown wrote:
JAMES wrote:im just CURIOUS TO WHY would their be a fund/fishfry raiser for sinking a boat ? i have seen many sink and heard of many while reading and being a member to this site .. and havent seen or heard of such!! just wondering !!that all :wink:
Well i guess yall are right ,hell they owe me at least 4 myself ,what the heck if youve sunk before just send me a pm and a adress and ill try to send a couple dollars to each and every one so no one feels left out :lol: :lol: YEA RIGHT . :shock: HOLY COW i just realized i agreed with james W T F :shock:
!!! IM THE REAL NIGHT RIDER B!TCH !!! !!! AND A PROUD TO BE IN THE DIAMONDBACK FAMILY !!!!

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:42 pm

hell y'all gonna be bestus buddies before ya know it
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 am

Agreed i think dave has it covered

JAMES
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by JAMES » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:59 am

THE NIGHT RIDER wrote:
scrambletown wrote:
Well i guess yall are right ,hell they owe me at least 4 myself ,what the heck if youve sunk before just send me a pm and a adress and ill try to send a couple dollars to each and every one so no one feels left out :lol: :lol: YEA RIGHT . :shock: HOLY COW i just realized i agreed with james W T F :shock:
in 04-05 i had a lil cottonmouth with a sbc dd stout motor turned a 72/36 pad,prop 2800-0r so road nice but that baby was topheavy i bought it from someboy did the poly did some motor work had around 1800.00 total n it after the $$ i invested
took the ol lady and pops out for a am ride we was leaving florance headed to the cabbage for some lunch never made it sunk it right at the canal leading to poinsett water was high from the stroms i wasent paying attition and stomped it made a hard left towards the s side of florance i had a double seat which it was set up for single and my ol lady turned the kill swtich off trying to grab something to hang on to slung her out the boat and i learned a few things that day.. one thing airboats dont like taking on water ... noting was hurt or unusable other then 6 quarts of oil and a filter if their are donations being made i now use rotella 10-40 and wix filters never to late to make a charitable invent :lol:
https://m.facebook.com/321ccc/?ref=bookmarks Wp383 268 rotator 3 bld WT/EX 14.4 perdator

SwampCritter84
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by SwampCritter84 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 am

Yeah it should be the ones that don't have the money to fix it after they sunk it that get a fish fry..lol
Cast Iron Corruption on its way

air-roberts
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by air-roberts » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:50 am

I THINK MOST ARE MISSING THE POINT
someone mentioned about helping with $4000.00 in electronics being lost. but i think the big thing is having a get together to petition about all water vessels on the st johns other then us having to fly flags to prevent this from happening again. i don't think dave said he made the right decision be turning around to get even with the jet skiers thats just something that goes thru your head when you could have lost your child and wife because of a inconsiderate vessel operator.

put your self in his shoes

what would you have done !!!!

:usa:
Air-RobertsImage
experimenting with old step w/t experimental 384.8 c.i. nos 2.68 rotator, 80" three bld ? R
http://www.bcraceengineering.com
Thanks to dave http://waterthunder.com/
New & Used PROPs
WhirlWind prop dealer

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by AirRanger » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 am

I think it was suggested to help cover the $4000.00 of electronics that were lost more so than any boat issues. That was my understanding.

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:05 am

air-roberts wrote:I THINK MOST ARE MISSING THE POINT
someone mentioned about helping with $4000.00 in electronics being lost. but i think the big thing is having a get together to petition about all water vessels on the st johns other then us having to fly flags to prevent this from happening again. i don't think dave said he made the right decision be turning around to get even with the jet skiers thats just something that goes thru your head when you could have lost your child and wife because of a inconsiderate vessel operator.

put your self in his shoes

what would you have done !!!!

:usa:
FOR REAL;
you really think a flag is going to make a differance?
some of these ridculus laws just apease the law maker's and a million dollar a year pencil pusher.
and gives the lawenforcement a way out, charge the one without a flag right or wrong!
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

Return to “Airboat Safety”