Re: Gyrocopter582: WFO (Video)

Postby cflacowboy001 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Where do ride ?

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 pm

SthrnStyle3 wrote:I almost yelled at the dang video to move your foot outta the way!! :lol: Boat runs good.

Aw crap ..... another one.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby cflacowboy001 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:30 pm

I hope you have life insurance !

junglecat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby junglecat » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Gyro , we all love to open it up every now and then. That video looked like too many places someone else could met you or cross in front of you. It only takes a split second , for things to change in a hurry, when I was younger and dumber , I flipped end over and barrel rolled (3 times) my boat on a similar trail . I was alone and was lucky to be able to crawl away from it. It was a lesson learned. I don't want to see anybody hurt doing what we all love to do. Safe Slidin Gyro
Jungle Cat2 2012 Panther Thunder 14'x7'9"/ LiL John Rigging
Larry Smith built 427 SBC
2.68 Ox Box
82" 3 blade R
Citrus County Airboat Alliance Member

cflacowboy001
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby cflacowboy001 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Theres alot of horro stories about airboat events .Some close calls, some injuries, and some deaths. .... There was a guy had a bad@ss boat riding with some friends running dry like you were . Well this guy hit log covered with grass and pitched him up and back right through the cage ....... needless to say no matter how many KOTEX they had . They couldnt put that fellow back together......Just saying ! Boat does sound bad@ss stick around to enjoy it .

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby plumcrazy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:51 pm

if anybodys seen me drive they know my stuff runs dry cause i'm like the old guy on i4 with his left blinker on but i hear more crap on here about how fast my boat is and how badassd my boat is and how this and how that..... them old go pros make ya look like your goin twice as fast as you realy are goin it was under the seat so the perspective is skewed but this does not mean i agree with his driving style or the danger he may cause himself or someone else in that marsh . but with that being said there alot of people on here downing these ecotec boats so in a way yall done made this guy go crazy and show yall his boat is stout and can run with anybody well im one of the few airboaters on the planet that has driven one and they are strong boats and your gonna see more of them in the woods ...... but gyro i got to say you better slow down some cause you will get hurt or mamed or worse driven like that.... and god forbid you hurt a child or a wife...... but you are a grown man so your life your choice

JB550
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby JB550 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Wow mike!!!! Must be where the camera is mounted that makes it look like you are going that fast. I have rode with you and you NEVER went that fast. I dont think your boat will go that fast WOT in skinny water. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby kajunoutlaw » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:17 am

Awe now c'mon fellas........give Mike a break. If he and Russ say there were no blind corners all you can do is take their word for it. I understand both sides of the argument and am not taking sides. But I know Mike on a fairly personal level and he would not harm anyone. Besides, his boat has a hook on the left front end that will stop him quick when he lets off.
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby ptr34 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:52 am

It all find till ur buddy in hospital for weeks with two broke legs broke arm and no insurance because someone was careless with the operation of their boat . And u have a whole in ur lung for just going riding that day
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

kajunoutlaw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby kajunoutlaw » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:03 am

ptr34 wrote:It all find till ur buddy in hospital for weeks with two broke legs broke arm and no insurance because someone was careless with the operation of their boat . And u have a whole in ur lung for just going riding that day

make no mistake ptr34.....I am not arguing your point AT ALL! But as I said, if he and Russ said there were no blind corners than all we can do is take it for face value. I'd hate to know Mike got hurt. Or anyone of you guys for that matter. But, it's his boat, and his life. And as long as no one else was put in danger than so be it.

I will tell you a short story about what happened to me and my dad. Back in 1986, me and my dad were coming home from a fishing trip in our little 12' bateau. All it had was a 15 hp Johnson. Wide open it might have gone 25 mph. Anyway, we hit a submerged object that stood the boat up vertical throwing us both out. It filled with water and never shut down spinning in a circle around me. I had nowhere to go, the boat finally caught me. The prop ran up my leg, cutting my hip. I guess I reached for the prop because I cut my wrist so bad my hand was hanging on by skin. Blood was flowing very well that day. Had it not been for a guy by the name of Doug working on a pipeline I would be dead. My dad untangled me from the prop and Doug swam me to the bank.

My point is, no matter what speed you are going, accidents can happen. I know Mike would not intentionally put ANYONE else other than himself in harm's way. They call him Gyrocopter for a reason. He is crazy enough to fly one of those things.
Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

jwoodl01
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby jwoodl01 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:10 am

Driving your boat like that in trails is bad news waiting to happen! There are enough dangers to riding tight trails such as that with conservative and knowledgeable operators that adding any others could end up with an unnecessary and unfortunate outcome. BTW, my post has nothing to do with your choice of powerplant. This post is out of concern for yourself and others
Last edited by jwoodl01 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PROUD MEMBER OF UNITED SPORTSMAN FOR TRADTIONAL HERITAGE

Quick Draw
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Quick Draw » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 am

kajunoutlaw wrote:
ptr34 wrote:It all find till ur buddy in hospital for weeks with two broke legs broke arm and no insurance because someone was careless with the operation of their boat . And u have a whole in ur lung for just going riding that day

My point is, no matter what speed you are going, accidents can happen. I know Mike would not intentionally put ANYONE else other than himself in harm's way. They call him Gyrocopter for a reason. He is crazy enough to fly one of those things.

Yes accidents can happen at any speed but there's a old saying 1 ounce of prevention is worth 10pounds of cure. That's all I've got to say.

Uhairball
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Uhairball » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:53 am

This is kind of like that pic of the guy with big snake. You look close, and he is holding it out with a stick to make it look bigger.
In this case a video accelorator was used to make the boat appear to be going a lot faster than it actually was......

bbstimey
Southern Airboat Member

Postby bbstimey » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 am

thatmay be true but it says wfo in the video
thats why i make my own trails
14'x8' JB hull w/Stingered GO-480 w/ electronic ignition and 3 blade 80" R

jopete
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby jopete » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:51 am

boat runs great!!!!
i think you should quit running in the trail and just cross the marsh like that and film it!!!!!!!!!

maybe run over a whooping crane while throwing whisky bottles at coons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Postby cntry141iq » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:03 am

well when it is truly bad azz .. come back in the summer when the grass is green and the mud is baking and then stop in the mud and take off .. take all the momentum out of the equation ... just idle along and burp the throttle .. after all there was only the driver and the go pro on board ...should be easy

I truly am impressed with the ecotec's overall .. but not so much with driver skills video accelerator or not .. that is not a closed course .. maybe it was different in the big picture ... but like I say just makes me appreciate running alone and at night.

best wishes for you .. drive it like ya stole it .. and always remember speed always makes up for lack of power or ability and true courage comes in 12oz cans or ya roll it up when ya need it ... all those things will make for a much better experience
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby yobee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:17 am

All of you guys with 5, 10, 15, 20+ years of experience are clueless. Lol.
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

Scarecrow
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 am

You,re right Yobee ,nothing beats youthful inexperience. :lol: :rebel:

GladesAirboat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby GladesAirboat » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Not sure about the location of the camera was making it look that dangerous next time mount on top of cage, or near your sight of view, give us a better perspective. Like a ride in a go cart closer to the ground the faster it feels.
P.S. Glad you ride in north Florida
14'6" X 7'6" Diamond Back, ZZ502,
2-1 Century Drive 3 Blade 80" Power Shift
12 Hamant 0360 68" Sensinich
Glades Airboat & Buggy Association
Home of the Muck Boyz

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby Olf Art » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm

yobee wrote:All of you guys with 5, 10, 15, 20+ years of experience are clueless. Lol.

Tryin' to stir the ol' pot a little, are we? You're absolutely right though, little buddy ...... it's a complete miracle that some of us crotchety, simple minded old bastards have ever made it this far. Good genes I reckon. :)
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

yobee
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby yobee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Olf Art wrote:
yobee wrote:All of you guys with 5, 10, 15, 20+ years of experience are clueless. Lol.

Tryin' to stir the ol' pot a little, are we? You're absolutely right though, little buddy ...... it's a complete miracle that some of us crotchety, simple minded old bastards have ever made it this far. Good genes I reckon. :)

Well not listening to my elders/more experienced brethren caused me some grief at times, I've learned to at least listen and acknowledge advice. Knowing these gentlemen are possibly older than my parents would make me think they're more willing to accept a little constructive criticism. I've been sunk on the edge of the river cause a retard ran into me, I was only out about $15k on that deal. Damn near could have cost a few lives, wasn't my fault but I still learned from it. I hope these very new to airboating, gentlemen take some of the advice given to them.
Id prefer to hear about how many hours these engines last, not how many people they kill.

Now lets get back to the ecotec Infomercial, these things are better than hot women and cold beer. Lol hope to see ya soon ken!
Life is great, without it you'd be dead.
Volusia County Sportsmen's Conservation Association Member
http://lakeokeechobeeairboatassociation.org/
Continental powered Performance hull.

getchasumairboats
Southern Airboat Member

Postby getchasumairboats » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Stay out of highlands county..... You are gonna hurt someone....
http://WWW.USFTH.COM where the weak are killed and eaten !!!!!

SwampCritter84
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby SwampCritter84 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Just shakin my head right now!! I'm wih Terry on this one.. I have my family with me at times and driving like that is just crazy.. Even if there were no blind corners but there were some where goin as fast ad it was it would be hard to control and stop if needed.. I've had the pleasure of 3 accidents and all could have ended way worse than they did.. Guess most wont understand untill After you have that experience.. Just my 2 cents!
Cast Iron Corruption on its way

SkinnerBack
Southern Airboat Member

Postby SkinnerBack » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm

In my opinion ........ your an Fin idiot for riding like that!!! You will hurt someone one day or have a close call & that close call will more than likely beat your a$$!!! Iv seen it happen before

SwampCritter84
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby SwampCritter84 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 pm

gyrocopter582 wrote:Ding, ding, ding, round two... :lol:
Thats all yall got?
Dang, if only I hadn't cracked my header,
I was ready for another video where I step it up a bit...
Got too much work this week fixin big-bore air cooled dinosaurs anyways...

It's only 134 cubic inches, 2.2 liters, like 4 Briggs and Stratton's... GET IT?

Listen dude, your obviously to frickin dumb to figure out that we don't give a sh!t about how bad a$$ you think your boat is, it's the safety factor.. People like you make me cringe and loose all respect for you.. So because you want to be careless and drive like that we all have to ride down a trail and say to ourselves, hmm, I wonder if that Dumb idiot is gonna be coming down this trail.... Nice!!
Cast Iron Corruption on its way

Return to “Airboat Safety”