new airboat owner

Tips, training, and safety.
greenswampfox
Southern Airboat Member

new airboat owner

Postby greenswampfox » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:14 pm

I bought an airboat recently before reasearching it too well, after reading these forums I'm hesitant in taking it out till I can find someone experienced to go out with me and teach me the basics, i'm in South Lake county not sure where would be the best place to take it out and learn.
I would appreciate any advise

Waggs
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: new airboat owner

Postby Waggs » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Hey fox, we plan in doing a short ride in the morning around 9-10 on lk Apopka. It'll be me and 2 other boats. Give me a shout if you want to meet up tomorrow, or any other time. 321-689-7709. Don't call tonight or before 8 tomorrow morning, been working a LOT and gonna try to catch up on some rest. Maybe text would be best. See ya out there!!
12.5' Predator, O320H2AD, 72" Whisper Tip Narrow

Liberty Mechanical Services
Performing all commercial and residential HVAC services
321-689-7709
Making America Cool Again!

KCCO

greenswampfox
Southern Airboat Member

Postby greenswampfox » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:38 pm

thanks, I'll give you a call after 8 in the morning

GossB133
Southern Airboat Member

Postby GossB133 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:30 am

I live in downtown Groveland. If you want to stay local and just get the hang of things you can ride off of Browns Ford Bridge just north of Groveland on hwy 19. There are some marsh areas to ride but mostly deep water. Lately we have been riding the Withlacoochie River and putting in at Lake Panasoffkee right next to the Dam Pub. I believe we are going out Sunday morning for a little ride. There is everything out there from running ground, skinny water, deep water, and even some wooden bridge crossings. Just depends on what kind of boat you have and what your boat is capable of. Let me know if you want to go ride.
16' Panther Aluminum hull with 3/8'' polymer, Stainless Steel Cage and rigging, single rear steer with a triple front, Full walk around deck, 377ci Chevy Stroker with a 2:1 Rotator Gearbox. 78" Whirlwind 3-Blade

gbstrike
Southern Airboat Member

Postby gbstrike » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:39 am

What did you get?
If you're not hurtin, you're not havin fun.

Return to “Airboat Safety”