Tips, training, and safety.
PANAMA RED
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: SUNK.

Post by PANAMA RED »

flying fish wrote:
PANAMA RED wrote:
bigriverbilly wrote:Hey this is Billy could some one get me Curtis phone # mine is 800-758-9711

Here it is , 863-0514-0539

Unforgivens phone # is 863-514-0539

Hey Fish , thanks for catching that . I copied it off Curtis's response to Cold " BUD " , guess ole Curtis was really hammering those keys at that time , :violent1: :blackeye:
PANAMARED

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

Really hope he gets it. Seem to b Running out of options
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

mscott
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mscott »

Pull off what you can including the the cage and motor. Take it out in parts, then if you can't get to the hull, call the insurance company and file your claim, considering sinking is a perril that is covered. Man that water looks nasty!

floridabou3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by floridabou3 »

U have insurance on the boat?
13.6 big o 220 2 blade Q series 15 over dome pistons with dual mags and plugs

floridabou3
Southern Airboat Member

Post by floridabou3 »

That sucks goodluck on recovery!
13.6 big o 220 2 blade Q series 15 over dome pistons with dual mags and plugs

ptillman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ptillman »

Keep us posted.... We are pulling for you.
2014 14x8 JB Hull,421 SBC, Rotator 2.68:1, 82" NGR
12' Thurman, o470 angle valve, 72" WhirlWind Prop (SOLD)
13' Hamant, 383 Chevy, Blue Lightning Drive, 80" R 3 Blade (SOLD)

Cooter69
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cooter69 »

Unforgiven11b AKA Curtis,

First let me thank you for your service to our great country!!!

I've been following this post and if our government worked like the people on this site worked for each other and towards a goal we would be in a much better place. I know you've ask for government help and have been turned down infuriates me, let you tell the Army you are not going to assist them and let's see what happens.

From one veteran to another pls keep up the fight. These SA people are the best and we are all behind you in you effort to reclaim what no one gave you, you went out and bought it and we the people,by the people and for the people of SA will make sure you are supported.

Please let us know what we can do for you Brother!!

Ooorah

:proud: :rebel:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (144.24 KiB) Viewed 2004 times
Crazy Cooter
USMC

14 " Seminole SS rigging with 0540 Angle valve 6 blade warp drive.

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

I hope Billie comes though for you, but keep all your options open until it is on the trailer. Just asking, how far would you have to move the boat, either down stream or upstream, until it could be on a sand bar or mud flat of some sort, maybe not even all the way out of the water, but high enough to drain it out, bail it out, clean the debris and sand out so it would float and give you a chance to tow it out if a boat that will tow it can get to it. Is the lake up river (I think) or down river from you. If the lake is up river, is there a launch of any kind that is accessable down river to where you can go with it, thinking it would be easier to tow it down river then up river. The map I saw showed a number of camp grounds along the river, and at least one boat launch, just trying to figure your location compared to that. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

akmike30
Southern Airboat Member

Post by akmike30 »

If this happened in Alaska we already had your boat back up and running.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano »

The newest, goodwill ambassador from the Great Sate of Alaska wrote: If this happened in Alaska we already had your boat back up and running.
. :shock: . :roll: . :scratch:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

harsensmarshrat
Southern Airboat Member

Post by harsensmarshrat »

I've used earth anchors to help get unstuck before when there has not been anything to tie a winch cable or winch to (please see link below). They hold alot of weight/force and work in mud and sand and they're cheap. Hope it helps and that you get your boat back soon. Good luck.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/h ... _vc=-10005

C1gator
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by C1gator »

akmike30 wrote:If this happened in Alaska we already had your boat back up and running.
Dude you gotta be $hittin me, How could you say some crap like that...How is that comment helping this situation in any way shape or form. If you put street tires on a mud truck it would stay stuck, but how is that usefel information on this particular thread....11b Best of luck getting the boat off the bottom and on the trailer, and thank you for your service....I am rooting for you ....C-btry 1/319th 82nd abn division...Ft. Bragg, NC.... Drive on brother...

8cyl-sled
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by 8cyl-sled »

Any updates? Hopefully good.
Billy

boatair
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by boatair »

I check every day after work hoping for good news.

ptillman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ptillman »

boatair wrote:I check every day after work hoping for good news.
Me too!!!!! :roll:
2014 14x8 JB Hull,421 SBC, Rotator 2.68:1, 82" NGR
12' Thurman, o470 angle valve, 72" WhirlWind Prop (SOLD)
13' Hamant, 383 Chevy, Blue Lightning Drive, 80" R 3 Blade (SOLD)

swamp foxx
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by swamp foxx »

Me 3 unforgiven11B hopes an prayers are with you brother

ratdees
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ratdees »

Akmike69 your an ass hole were your at u don't no shit about airboating sick to snow an we will send Obama to help yaw up there :lol: we hope u get your boat out :rebel:

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by goldhunter_2 »

unforgiven11B hopefully the water is starting to reseed you an billy will be posting pictures tomorrow and talking about how you raised her form a watery grave and got it back on the trailer

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

akmike30 wrote:If this happened in Alaska we already had your boat back up and running.
That may be true mike
Problem is they don't know how to deal with fast flowing rivers
Hope billy does
Now sit back and wait for another round of childish name calling. Bud

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

FlatsFisher
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by FlatsFisher »

akblackdawg wrote:
That may be true mike
Hope billy does
Now sit back and wait for another round of childish name calling. Bud
I'm not gonna do any name calling...just know if y'all leave now you could be there by Saturday.

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by Deano »

Bud, why don't you spend your time fixing your broken boat instead on polluting this thread with your lack of wisdom?

In spite of the hate and discontent that you spew into our North wind, I hope for y'alls sake that neither you or your buddy
ends up in a similar situation, as you WILL find out that you're not nearly as smart as you give yourself credit for being.
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

flying fish
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by flying fish »

akblackdawg wrote:
Hope billy does
Bud
Bud

I am surprised you said this as I have seen how much water your exact ship drafts in deep water.

If you had to stop and turn sideways to the current to turn around in the conditions pictured earlier in this post, I am quite certain Billy would be trying to get (2) boats off bottom.

Wrench and KO done a heck of a job. Guaranteed. JMO-

Stalling @ 50' and in a Gail Force wind mean anything to you?

Come get you some-

Bring your skills.

Chris Trout
15' DB - 6.2 LSA - 4 blade 82" R - 2.52 CH-4

ranger1424
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by ranger1424 »

Take a minuite and google airboat west and you will see the man has a airboat that is unsinkable made for that area.

Stewie
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Stewie »

Mike & Bud :violent1: !! I like how y'all sit behind your keyboards and talk 5th grade children's smack!! And you wonder why others are calling y'all names both of you are relentless in being negative about someone else's misfortune and getting a thrill out of it!! You BOTH need to look in a mirror before you talk about others being children!!! I'm disgusted by the two of you and your up town negativity!! I hope both of you sleep well at night knowing that y'all both have been a sad misfortune to this episode for the aggravation and smart childish comments and attitudes! I have actually sat back and said nothing but both of you have taken this children's play to a extreme!! I have added both bud and mike in my prayers and asked the good lord to please help both of them with their sour negativity towards others and life in general!!!!!!! Sincerely, Shane :old_glory: :rebel: :florida:

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

Look guys. Sometimes I do speak out of turn or say more then I should. But from the beginning, as soon as Skinny posted about Billy and his business, I encouraged to call Billy. It just sounded crazy to me to have a couple guys drive 14 hrs with 2 sleds, most likely low sided marsh sleds, to do a recovery in conditions that they were not familuar with. (even the army does research and gets appropriate equipement bedore the do a rescue). I was most critical of them doing this when they only had a one day window to pull it off. Weather happens, and no, I would have sat on shore waiting for favorable conditions rather then risk life and boat to pull a hunk of aluminum out of a river. But, we in Alaska operate in rivers that look like that one almost every time we go out, and yes, you have to be careful, and have proper boats. I have never meant any disrespect to the crew who went to attempt the recovery, I just think it needed a bit more planning. Along with that, my comments come from operating in the dark, except for the one photo, we know very little about the actual conditions. Nobody responds back with information I've asked about that may be helpful to the eventual recovery. Bud

Return to “Airboat Safety”