SUNK.

Tips, training, and safety.
swampsquatch09
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: SUNK.

Post by swampsquatch09 »

yobee wrote:Surely diamondback, alumitec, gto or someone has sold a boat in the area somewhere, that would be willing to contact them and ask to help.
American Airboats in Orange TX most likely, I see alot of those big air rangers around those Brazos guys seem to have a few big boats too
14ft Maxcraft, 70" WW Signature Series 320 lycoming
:texas:

akblackdawg
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by akblackdawg »

American Airboats would like the publicity, somebody who knows them well might talk to them and see if they are interested in sending a team to recover the boat. Bud
:alaska: If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up to much space.

15x8 Alumatech hull, with enclosed cab, aluminum cage, LS 3, 6.2 aluminum block ffi, 2.7 Balistic Box, sensinich superwide 3 blade. Built for year around riding in Alaska

swampsquatch09
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by swampsquatch09 »

akblackdawg wrote:American Airboats would like the publicity, somebody who knows them well might talk to them and see if they are interested in sending a team to recover the boat. Bud
Man was the first part called for? come on this aint what its about
14ft Maxcraft, 70" WW Signature Series 320 lycoming
:texas:

Cherpa
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cherpa »

FYI, From American Airboats, Orange, Texas to Elephant Butte, NM.

Via I-10 W 984.80 miles

14 hrs 11 mins / 15 hrs 36 mins based on current traffic
We grow too soon old and too late smart.

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets »

YOU AIN'T GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!

I talked to Curtis again a little while ago. After telling Curtis last night they would not let billy mess with the boat the State Park Rangers have recanted and said they could not stop him from taking the boat. He showed them a piece of paper that said he is licensed to recover the boat, that he is owed money and plans to take the boat, put a lean on it and hold it until he is paid, even though he has been at it three days and accomplished nothing.

Curtis is on duty this afternoon until around 6:PM their time and is helpless to go do anything to stop him.

I know some of you will have plenty to say about this but PLEASE remember this is a public forum so be very careful what you say! Fortunately, one of my friends came by right after I got off the phone and I had time to cool down.

I also called the Governors office in N.M. and talked to one of Her assistants. I explained the situation to Her and asked for help. She was very courteous and said she would call the Park Rangers to see if anything could be done but stopped short of anything definite.

I'm not sure what to do next so I'm open to suggestions! Again I would remind you this is a public forum and is a record of what you say so choose your words carefully.

If anyone would like to politely ask billy not to take advantage of a soldier who is serving our country, he can be reached at one of these numbers he has listed on his websites.
1-575-758-9711, or 18-800-3746, or 1-575-770-7373, or or e-mail him at airboatwest@gmail.com
. I'm not sure I have the e-mail address right but you can verify it at his website, Airboat West

Rich :rebel: :florida: :old_glory:
Last edited by skinnypockets on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'VE DONE SO MUCH WITH SO LITTLE FOR SO LONG, I CAN DO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING!

13.6 Alumitec, 350 Chevy, Rotator Gearbox and 6 Blade Warp Drive

Raizincane
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Raizincane »

BILLY :violent3:
The difference between Champ and Chump is []_[]

If you don't have pictures,then it didn't happen

13' Performance Airboat AV 0540 3 bld 72" NGH
U
S
F
T
H

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by goldhunter_2 »

skinnypockets wrote: If anyone would like to politely ask billy not to take advantage of a soldier who is serving our country, he can be reached at one of these numbers he has listed on his websites.
1-575-758-9711, or 18-800-3746, or 1-575-770-7373, or or e-mail him at Billy@A.B.West. I'm not sure I have the e-mail address right but you can verify it at his website, Airboat West

Rich ,
his website shows airboatwest@gmail.com

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

Junker
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Junker »

WOW.......just WOW........I guess he just may get that write up in the magazine after all............be it not as expected.
14 x 8 Hamant
383 - 2.38 Stinger
80" 3 Blade
Stainless rigged

Cooter69
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cooter69 »

All who have help with donation advice and been on the road to help this young man are to be commended. I also talked to Curtis at length this afternoon, he and his family are stressed to the max with this situation. Like skinny pockets said and Curtis relayed to me, billy is trying to hold his boat hostage until he receives 1500 bucks and then not returning it until he has the rest, which is around 2100 bucks if I understood Curtis correctly.

This is an outrage and I am wondering if the media might be able to help us help Curtis. Any suggestion ???

Curtis is a humble young man who did not ask for this help, it was offered by an airboating community that cares about our way of life and the men and women that serve our Great Country.

I told him to keep his head up and that he is not forgotten !

Idea and our suggestions???

:proud: :rebel:
Crazy Cooter
USMC

14 " Seminole SS rigging with 0540 Angle valve 6 blade warp drive.

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by goldhunter_2 »

has anyone form both airboating magazines contacted for quotes for upcoming articles : Billy, the NM governors office , unforgiven , NM BBB

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets »

goldhunter_2 wrote:
skinnypockets wrote: If anyone would like to politely ask billy not to take advantage of a soldier who is serving our country, he can be reached at one of these numbers he has listed on his websites.
1-575-758-9711, or 18-800-3746, or 1-575-770-7373, or or e-mail him at Billy@A.B.West. I'm not sure I have the e-mail address right but you can verify it at his website, Airboat West

Rich ,
his website shows airboatwest@gmail.com
Thanks goldhunter_2, I went back and corrected it.

Junker
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Junker »

So what was the original understanding with "Billy", was he doing this pro bono or at the $2100 cost?

As a side note: the trailer still belongs to Curtis...........
14 x 8 Hamant
383 - 2.38 Stinger
80" 3 Blade
Stainless rigged

InSight
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by InSight »

Is there a written contract with Billy or Airboat West? Was anything signed by Curtis?

ptillman
Southern Airboat Member

Post by ptillman »

I don't know if it will do any good at this point, But I would gladly be part of a group to go and help. I have about 3wks vacation still for this year. But it might be better for us to donate up parts and put him a new boat together!!!
2014 14x8 JB Hull,421 SBC, Rotator 2.68:1, 82" NGR
12' Thurman, o470 angle valve, 72" WhirlWind Prop (SOLD)
13' Hamant, 383 Chevy, Blue Lightning Drive, 80" R 3 Blade (SOLD)

Eric Kimmel
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Eric Kimmel »

something just isn't right but i have just been reading along the posts so don't know if there were any salvage contracts signed I don't much care for opportunist when a a person is down especially a man serving our country. I supported the donation idea to help offset costs and would do so again

Cooter69
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Cooter69 »

Skinnypockets do you have Curtis's last name? I just spoke to the editor at the sentinel news paper in truth or consequences and I explained to him what was going on. He went on SA and was reading the post and wants to help. Also does anyone know Billy's last name, I am asking because Mr. Pat at the sentinel wants to put someone on this right away!!

I am off and can ride and or drive to NM !!

Please keep Curtis and his family in your thoughts and prayers !!!

Crazy Cooter
USMC

14 " Seminole SS rigging with 0540 Angle valve 6 blade warp drive.

ranger1424
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by ranger1424 »

Hey 11B I have a 16 ft, that has a 496 stroker that will run anywhere ya point it with a 3k lb. winch mounted to the front of the boat, was in the wrecker business for 15 plus years,have done about every kind of recovery ya wanna do from air cushion recovery on tractor trailers to boats on the bottom of the lake, got several airboats out in Katrina, live just east of Abilene and will come your way if we can get to the boat thru all the paperwork,need ALOT of questions answered by the man on the scene, not much on wasting time with all the BS--- gimme a call eight one seven-five 84-five seven five eight Steve,

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets »

Cooter69 wrote:Skinnypockets do you have Curtis's last name? I just spoke to the editor at the sentinel news paper in truth or consequences and I explained to him what was going on. He went on SA and was reading the post and wants to help. Also does anyone know Billy's last name, I am asking because Mr. Pat at the sentinel wants to put someone on this right away!!

I am off and can ride and or drive to NM !!

Please keep Curtis and his family in your thoughts and prayers !!!

Cooter69, I sent you a PM. I don't want to post Curts name here and have the wrong people see it.

I don't have billys last name but Mr. Pat can reach him at one of the numbers in my previous post and get it from him. He also has a website called Airboat West.

Thank you for supporting Curtis, Rich :rebel: :texas: :florida: :old_glory:

ranger1424
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by ranger1424 »

Just spoke with 11B and told him to call the local sheriff and get this Billy guy run off and I will go out there and get his boat floating and put an end to this saga, like all of you have been checking every day and had enough, he says I can shake off the trailer and blow a little sand and be five minutes from the boat, he is gonna call me back when he gets done with the sheriff, can take a pull-pal and winch him to shallow spot {about 10 feet} and bail get it floating, anyone bored and wants to tag along the number is posted.

:)
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by :) »

ranger1424 wrote:Just spoke with 11B and told him to call the local sheriff and get this Billy guy run off and I will go out there and get his boat floating and put an end to this saga, like all of you have been checking every day and had enough, he says I can shake off the trailer and blow a little sand and be five minutes from the boat, he is gonna call me back when he gets done with the sheriff, can take a pull-pal and winch him to shallow spot {about 10 feet} and bail get it floating, anyone bored and wants to tag along the number is posted.
Thats great! Shouldnt be to hard to get billy run off.. no docs signed.. this billy is a idiot, a opportunist, selfish, and just down right cold.. i csnt believe hes taken it this far and he hasnt revovered shizzz!
14 ft Combee. 4 seater, BPE 383 sb chevy, 2.09 stinger, 3 blade ww stump puller.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

PeaRiverOpossum
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by PeaRiverOpossum »

ranger1424 wrote:Just spoke with 11B and told him to call the local sheriff and get this Billy guy run off and I will go out there and get his boat floating and put an end to this saga, like all of you have been checking every day and had enough, he says I can shake off the trailer and blow a little sand and be five minutes from the boat, he is gonna call me back when he gets done with the sheriff, can take a pull-pal and winch him to shallow spot {about 10 feet} and bail get it floating, anyone bored and wants to tag along the number is posted.
Getr done Steve! Wish I was closer. I would sure help.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

boatair
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Post by boatair »

That sounds like a great "Plan D", good luck and I hope all goes well :salute:

skinnypockets
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by skinnypockets »

ranger wrote:Just spoke with 11B and told him to call the local sheriff and get this Billy guy run off and I will go out there and get his boat floating and put an end to this saga, like all of you have been checking every day and had enough, he says I can shake off the trailer and blow a little sand and be five minutes from the boat, he is gonna call me back when he gets done with the sheriff, can take a pull-pal and winch him to shallow spot {about 10 feet} and bail get it floating, anyone bored and wants to tag along the number is posted.
ranger1424 and Curtis,

I just got off the phone again with a supervisor at the Park Rangers office. She was very helpful and gave me some great information about the water flow in the river. When the boat first went down the flow was around 750 cubic feet per second. When Kerry and Ricky was there it was 1200 CFS. Right now it is 280 CFS. That means there is only a mild current. Winds are forcast at 5 to 10 MPH and little or no rain in the forcast.

There is no paperwork involved but she did ask for a courtesy call so they will know how it's going.

The good news is billy apparently decided he could not handle the job and has left. I doubt we have heard the last of him but we will deal with him later.

More later, Rich :rebel: :texas: :florida: :old_glory:

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by kwanjangnihm »

Steve way to step up bro! :rebel:

God speed and be safe! Let us know how we can further help with the recovery!
He'll cut your throat, baby, stick you in the back, drive off in your Cadillac.
He's more trouble than you think, he'll kill your sugar, leave you in the drink.

ranger1424
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by ranger1424 »

Hey skinnypockets, just got off phone with curtis he said this billy guy showed the park rangers some paper and he can go get the boat tomorrow and hold it for more money, need you to talk to the folks and see what the deal, do not want to get out there thursday when curtis is off and a bunch of badges go to arguing, will meet curtis thursday a.m. and get this over but not sure billy is out, curtis said he was gonna try again tomorrow after curtis fired him? need some help with the info flow.Oh yea I told Curtis when he asked me how much I would charge him I told him " I will do it for a cup of coffee ."" So if i get it out let the wheels decide what to do with the $$$$, was me I would send it to curtis to help fix his boat.

Return to “Airboat Safety”