Kayaker on Lake O gets run over by airboat TWICE!!!!!

Tips, training, and safety.
FP1201
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Re: Kayaker on Lake O gets run over by airboat TWICE!!!!!

Post by FP1201 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Whitebear wrote:This jackass could net himself a pretty fancy prison sentence with that behavior !
Up here, he certainly would have been arrested: that sort of inexcusable behavior is PRECISLY what the airboat haters will use against us.
Mother Nature plays to win, and if she doesn't get you, her bitch of a daughter Krama will.

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:18 pm

farmboy wrote:
hdsadey wrote:Apparently a man was kayaking on Lake O over the weekend and got run over by the same airboat twice. The guy in the airboat was approaching the kayaker and thought it would be funny to buzz by him and whip the boat and blow him over. It so happened that he was going too fast and when tried to turn didn't have enough thrust to turn, ended up running him over. Then when he turned around to try and help the kayaker, ended up running him over again. WTF IS WRONG PEOPLE? Luckily the kayaker just eneded up with bumps and bruises, no serious injuries. I think the guy with the airboat oughta have his azz stomped firmly into the ground and his boat torn apart into unrecognizable pieces!!!!!! And we sometimes wonder why government tries to put restrictions on our fun, because of jackazzes like this.
First off this happened in Lake Placid not lake O.... Second they ain't nobody gonna be whooping no ones ass... It was a accident. the guy driving the airboat is a very good friend of mine witch wasn't hauling ass or driving crazy. He's has been boating for many years and is a very safe driver. Third The passenger on the airboat was videoing the ride and has all of it on video and I've seen it with my own 2 eyes and it's nothing like what's being described.... There was 2 different kayaks he didn't hit the same one twice. You should watch the video before pointing fingers cause this could have happened to any of us. There was no way that the driver could have missed him. He was running probably 20-25 mph I don't think that's hauling ass by any means. Thank god it didn't turn out worse than it did.
The other side of the story :rebel: Thanks Farmboy
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:42 pm

scrambletown wrote:man you john wayne- al capone want-a bee's!
ass whooping-break both legs-tear his air-boat into little pieces.
----------------REALLY----------------
you bad-asses think this is 1920?
lay a hand (much less hurt someone with violence) on a fellow human and its jail time.
wake-up its 2014.
I guess you learn this when you get older.
that kayak has as much right on that water way as air-boater's.
you just jealous because we have got to use flags and they don't?
AND WE ARE ONLY HEARING ONE SIDE SO-FAR.
my experience with kayakers in juniper run is if I see a kayak I pull over and shut down.
I have been thanked more than once.
an air-boater, who is on this form, I have seen him swamp kayaks before. and laugh his ass off when they turn over..
just think if they had a 2 year old on that thing and got swamped and the kid drowns. it would be real funny then right?
That's the problem. You get in trouble for kicking someone's ass when they need it. Sometimes a good ass-whipping is a lesson learned.

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x8' Diamondback 6.2 Pleasurecraft Marine Levitator 550 hp/2.37:1 Oxbox 80" JX Series Sensnich Prop

scrambletown
Southern Airboat Member

Post by scrambletown » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:58 pm

Duece wrote:
lay a hand (much less hurt someone with violence) on a fellow human and its jail time.
wake-up its 2014.
my experience with kayakers in juniper run is if I see a kayak I pull over and shut down.
an air-boater, who is on this form, I have seen him swamp kayaks before. and laugh his ass off when they turn over..
just think if they had a 2 year old on that thing and got swamped and the kid drowns. it would be real funny then right?
That's the problem. You get in trouble for kicking someone's ass when they need it. Sometimes a good ass-whipping is a lesson learned.

Duece
absolutely butt let the courts of law do it.....
read for life
philippians 4-13
john 3-16
deuteronomy 22-5
leviticus 20-13
luke 6-37

hunter Debbie
Southern Airboat Member

Post by hunter Debbie » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:54 am

OMG I JUST WAS READING ALL THIS S*** AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF KIDS THAT DON'T KNOW ALL THE TRUTH LOL
REALY GUY'S !!!!!!!! :slap:

And to the people who were hurt god bless you prayers go out to you and your family.

Duece
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Duece » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:41 pm

scrambletown wrote:
Duece wrote:
wake-up its 2014.

Duece
absolutely butt let the courts of law do it.....
If they weren't such a joke, I'd agree w/you...

Duece
"Welcome to the Dark Side..."
14'x8' Diamondback 6.2 Pleasurecraft Marine Levitator 550 hp/2.37:1 Oxbox 80" JX Series Sensnich Prop

helicsher
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by helicsher » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:39 pm

My boat has a kayak intake ón The front it just chews Them up and spits Them out thr bilge
"Success Requires No Excuses"

captain chad
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by captain chad » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:21 pm

Kayaks are a great concern in my line of work but not the most dangerous. I can normally get away from a kayak but then again I rarely go over 20 mph and only do so in open water.
"you cant fix stupid"

Lwells
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Lwells » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:44 am

All I can say about this is that there are: OLD AIRBOATERS AND BOLD AIRBOATERS BUT NO OLD BOLD AIRBOATERS. And the same goes for Kyackers. :stirpot:

jeepinocala1111
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by jeepinocala1111 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm

Any boat running near any tall grass should have a flag. Hate to read a situation like this cause I know where it can endup. If you cant see dont plane up or you are 100% at fault. Kayaker ccommunities are very strong and out number us so we do have to be extra careful or our future is gone. This airboater who was at fault should keep this from what it can turn into by getting that kayaker healed up and on an airboat. Keep the peace.

Return to “Airboat Safety”