saber blade vs warp blade vs razor

Airboat propeller discussion.
lotacarnage1
Southern Airboat Member

saber blade vs warp blade vs razor

Post by lotacarnage1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:21 am

does one perform better than another? also what would hold up better if light hit or damaged and best for long haul? what ya think? I run a 5 blade warp now and it does pretty well on 12' cottonmouth w/ 220.the warp to my knowledge has been on boat for 12 plus years and shows some leading edge erosion.
smeller's the feller

lotacarnage1
Southern Airboat Member

Re: saber blade vs warp blade vs razor

Post by lotacarnage1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:03 am

is there someone in central fl who can refurbish or repair warp blades? close to Lakeland would be nice.
smeller's the feller

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:49 am

Razors and sabers are hollow .. warps are solid .. so warps might survive a light strike better .. maybe

Razors and saber take more power per blade so you probably won't run 5 of them

as for which is better .. my vote goes to the razors .. but just as many will go for each of the other blades ..

no one but warpdrive fixes their blades .. so send them back to warpdrive .. it would be the same for any other blade as well gotta send them back to who made them

several of the racers on here switched the sabers away and got the razors .. I have not heard of any one switching the other way by going back once they try the RAZORS ...
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

lotacarnage1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lotacarnage1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:11 am

thanks for the reply.i did not know it would take more power per blade and i only have the five blade hub so i gues to be balanced would be three blades.i think but not sure.
smeller's the feller

lotacarnage1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lotacarnage1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:15 am

after thinking a little harder i think i would need another hub.
smeller's the feller

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:19 am

cntry141iq wrote:Razors and sabers are hollow .. warps are solid .. so warps might survive a light strike better .. maybe

Razors and saber take more power per blade so you probably won't run 5 of them

as for which is better .. my vote goes to the razors .. but just as many will go for each of the other blades ..

no one but warpdrive fixes their blades .. so send them back to warpdrive .. it would be the same for any other blade as well gotta send them back to who made them

several of the racers on here switched the sabers away and got the razors .. I have not heard of any one switching the other way by going back once they try the RAZORS ...
Gchuckie took off the razors and put sabers on....might want to check facts first before hand.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:28 am

X2, to say the Razors run better than the Sabors is crazy. Almost identical blade!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 am

fl cracker wrote:X2, to say the Razors run better than the Sabors is crazy. Almost identical blade!
almost identical and where they arent they make up for it in outperforming the saber lot of folks have shitcanned their sabers for razors and we are talking folks that already had the sabers gotta be somethin to it jmo
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:01 am

ROFLMAO .. nice to see things aint changed ... you DA's didn't think I thought this post wouldn't cause a stir ??? it is a no win question .. just like always .. personal preference .. but he wanted some kind of an answer .. and both sabers and razors take less blades for the same HP compared to a warp ..

I don't know no gchuckie .. LOL but plenty of others have switched to RAZORS from sabers including most of the winning racers ... but now that I have heard rumors about that switch I will always be sure and include it ..

have a great day in the village .. idiots ...
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:25 am

Razor x blades are not hollow, they have a composite core.

Razor x blades are the best bang for the buck. Imo They are cheaper then the standard sabers and wayyy less weight. The light weight sabors are wayyy to expensive for my blood.

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:30 am

Bronson I agree the sabers are too expensive. I'm not downing WW in any way and I would like to try some Razors out one day. I just don't think there's a huge difference in performance between the 2 blades. I have heard people not being pleased with both blades in the past to be honest. Cntry I see you still get a chance to fire up the keyboard Airboat every now and then. That's good!
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

DannySauls
Southern Airboat Member

Post by DannySauls » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:13 pm

With the Razor X blades you also get the electro formed nickel leading edge compared to a stretch formed stainless on the Saber blades. Also you get the X core which stiffens the blade and allows for a lite weight but super strong blade.

gchuckie
Southern Airboat Member

Post by gchuckie » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:51 pm

BlowInIt wrote:Razor x blades are not hollow, they have a composite core.

Razor x blades are the best bang for the buck. Imo They are cheaper then the standard sabers and wayyy less weight. The light weight sabors are wayyy to expensive for my blood.
Bronson I think u hit the nail square on the head! I went to the new design of the sabers yes they cost more! But I have no complaint with mine. :thumbleft:

cont520
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by cont520 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:06 pm

There's nothing wrong with either prop. Just some can and some can't me personally I don't have a problem spending the money for what I feel will work better for me. No sense in bs far fetched comments with no real merit to prove them. Every setup responds different with that being said run what works for you.
Robert Mccormick
Plant City Florida, Toxic calls Pro staff and proud member of usfth
Ultimate Shot Productions prostaffer

Hambone79
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Hambone79 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:12 pm

just stay with the warp nothing better and they are great props to get ppl attention. LOUD

farmboy
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by farmboy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 pm

cont520 wrote:There's nothing wrong with either prop. Just some can and some can't me personally I don't have a problem spending the money for what I feel will work better for me. No sense in bs far fetched comments with no real merit to prove them. Every setup responds different with that being said run what works for you.
Couldn't have said it any better myself... :thumbleft:
14ft JB Hull,Lycoming GSO480 w/water-meth injection,Sensenich 3-blade "R",ButtRaxx seats,B&S Trailer.

Member of Glades Airboat & Buggy Association / Kissimmee River Valley Sportsman Association

lotacarnage1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by lotacarnage1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:45 pm

warp does good i just may need to have it refurbished. not sure of cost but soon to find out.there is no damage so maybe they will go easy on me...
smeller's the feller

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:33 pm

yep I try ... figured I get everyone off the gearbox bandwagon .. LOL

fl cracker
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by fl cracker » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:10 pm

The gearbox debate will probably never die kinda like the props. Without them we wouldn't have anything to disagree about right. Lol
" I have two guns...
One for each of you "

2017 Hamant / SV540

lyc200
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by lyc200 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Call Warpdrive 641-357-600 about $85.00 a blade

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Bruce wrote:
fl cracker wrote:X2, to say the Razors run better than the Sabors is crazy. Almost identical blade!
almost identical and where they arent they make up for it in outperforming the saber lot of folks have shitcanned their sabers for razors and we are talking folks that already had the sabers gotta be somethin to it jmo
There is something to it, Sensenich sells props and Whirlwind gives them away lol! That gets alot of peoples attention.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 pm

cntry141iq wrote:ROFLMAO .. nice to see things aint changed ... you DA's didn't think I thought this post wouldn't cause a stir ??? it is a no win question .. just like always .. personal preference .. but he wanted some kind of an answer .. and both sabers and razors take less blades for the same HP compared to a warp ..

I don't know no gchuckie .. LOL but plenty of others have switched to RAZORS from sabers including most of the winning racers ... but now that I have heard rumors about that switch I will always be sure and include it ..

have a great day in the village .. idiots ...
I wonder how many of the points champions for the year in each class have switched? Oh hell I forgot you already told us, most of them lmao. I will get NAADR to post the results as soon as posible. Most of the winners, you are funny as hell!!
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Bubba wrote:
Bruce wrote:
There is something to it, Sensenich sells props and Whirlwind gives them away lol! That gets alot of peoples attention.
i buy all my own stuff so no worries
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Bubba
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by Bubba » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Me too, but I know alot of people that dont lol.
FLIRTIN WITH DISASTER

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:06 pm

LOL maybe I should just say I think the fastest airboats in the world run whirlwinds ??? groundrattler and steppn upp .. ??? I don't know y'all tell me .. I know thunder used to run sensenitch props .. but he is all washed up in unlimited I believe .. or is he makin a comeback also ??? or heck maybe he is still the king of unlimited without even coming to the races .. I think that was floated around once or twice before .. LOL

I am glad y'all noticed I am BACK .. ROFLMAO I will try and keep it entertaining for y'all

CNTRY

Return to “Prop Talk”