Prop for IO 520

Airboat propeller discussion.
mMontana
Southern Airboat Member

Prop for IO 520

Post by mMontana »

Does anyone know if Terminator props still being made heard it was not but that water walker was same?
Running a 74" whisper tip now and want more low end push, always heard how great those terminator props and powershift ran but also heard about the new NGQ? want best power on hill could care less about speed any thoughts?

BUSHHOG85
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Re: Prop for IO 520

Post by BUSHHOG85 »

74 ngq :rebel:
SC 480 13x7'6 HAMANT
520 13' RICOCHET

AirRanger
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by AirRanger »

Termimator props do not have a very large fan base on here and some will come right out and say they suck. I run a 72" Terminator on my stock IO-470 with a heavy Classic hull. It runs great in the water and great on the ground. I have had no bad experience with my prop, I beleive I am the third owner of this prop and I'll keep it until it gives me a reason to change it. That being said , Sensnich, Water Walker, and Whirl Wind offer so much to the airboating community it would be difficult to decide which company to deal with. All great product , all very helpful. Terminator is still showing information and prices on the website.

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

Without a doubt get a NGQ...I run a 76" on my 540 and it's a beast.

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

We can test the NGQ on ur boat
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

mMontana
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mMontana »

prt34, how much do winglets stick out just want to make sure I got enough room pretty sure I do just want to put a tape on it.

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

The winglets on an NGQ don't stick out anymore.

Dan520
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dan520 »

I highly reccomend the new NGQ, i just put a 74" on my boat after getting rid of my 72" warp drive. I cant believe how quiet it is and how much it seems to wanna climb off the trailer. I have yet to get it on the water but next weekend ill post a update.
13.6 gilleo, true 520 cont, 40" light headed bar, 74" NGQ

"under construction"

"When In Doubt...Throttle Out"

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy »

the terminator is nothing like any water walker prop they were marketed by fl Airprop built by another co. .. if you would like a great prop at a great price give us a call or come see us we can go to the lake and try a few out

billybob
Southern Airboat Member

Post by billybob »

Call Brian at Quick Slick. I got my 74" NGQ from him and it is a great prop. Brian is very knowledgable and can get you what you need. 863-581-9710
I do all my own stunts!!!!!!

Dan520
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Dan520 »

id get with Terry (ptr34) and try one of those NGQ props, be prepared to buy one if you try it though im sure you'll like it
13.6 gilleo, true 520 cont, 40" light headed bar, 74" NGQ

"under construction"

"When In Doubt...Throttle Out"

mMontana
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mMontana »

I just talked with Terry today thanks Dan520 did you get one on your 520? if so what did you have before and what size you go with?

mMontana
Southern Airboat Member

Post by mMontana »

Dan520 sorry I missed your post before the last one I saw you had a 72" warp and now a 74" NGQ sorry for the question!

CAPTAIN-D
Southern Airboat Member

Post by CAPTAIN-D »

mMontana wrote:prt34, how much do winglets stick out just want to make sure I got enough room pretty sure I do just want to put a tape on it.
just to let you know I have a 70" Q on my boat with very little room between the prop and the inside of the transom, no problem. I tried the NGQ ,measurments were the same between the tips of the NGQ and the transom. When I installed the NGQ and cranked it up as I slowly excelerated the engine the winglets scraped the inside of the transom. The NGQ flexes and the Q doesn' becaus of the with of the blades. Just make sure you have ample room between the blades and the inside of the transom. Hope this helps

Tony480
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Tony480 »

Sure it's not your motor mounts.....never seen a prop flex backwards....seen some flex forward

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce »

Sounds like the back of the motor rising under acceleration
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

AntiqueFarmEquipment
Southern Airboat Member

Post by AntiqueFarmEquipment »

Agree with the last two posts and I don't have a dog in the race. Always remember equal and opposite reaction. Prop is pushing thrust out the back so if it were going to flex it would be in the opposite direction which would be forward.
12'6 x 7'6" Diamondback PE-150/520 Conversion
AFE

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy »

Tony480 wrote:Sure it's not your motor mounts.....never seen a prop flex backwards....seen some flex forward
tony this new prop is canted further foward from hub out to tip than most, dont know if the engineer did this just to keep the winglet tips end to center to keep from having clearance issues . but physics tell me that the centrifical force outward would flex back. :scratch:

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy »

AntiqueFarmEquipment wrote:Agree with the last two posts and I don't have a dog in the race. Always remember equal and opposite reaction. Prop is pushing thrust out the back so if it were going to flex it would be in the opposite direction which would be forward.
this is true if all things are equal ...our props have always had a little forward cant built in to them to minimize a bending moment at the shank even though the prop screwing threw the air tends to make it want to bend forward the centrifical force ( another opposite but equal) wants it to be 90 degrees of the shaft spinning it ......its a fine line between the two forces to cancel them out :thumbleft:

AntiqueFarmEquipment
Southern Airboat Member

Post by AntiqueFarmEquipment »

plumcrazy wrote:
AntiqueFarmEquipment wrote:Agree with the last two posts and I don't have a dog in the race. Always remember equal and opposite reaction. Prop is pushing thrust out the back so if it were going to flex it would be in the opposite direction which would be forward.
this is true if all things are equal ...our props have always had a little forward cant built in to them to minimize a bending moment at the shank even though the prop screwing threw the air tends to make it want to bend forward the centrifical force ( another opposite but equal) wants it to be 90 degrees of the shaft spinning it ......its a fine line between the two forces to cancel them out :thumbleft:
Plum thank you for correcting me. I rushed to post and didn't even think about centripetal. Which is sad to say should of been my first thought seeing as we are dealing with a SPINNING object! Duh! Haha
12'6 x 7'6" Diamondback PE-150/520 Conversion
AFE

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy »

i just find it amazing the forces that are placed on a airboat propeller, and there are more than most ever think about when there sliding across some pretty marsh ,lake or bayou....like my brother swampy told me many years ago airboat its a bad idea :lol:

Return to “Prop Talk”