Warpdrive replacement options

Airboat propeller discussion.
FatMan
Southern Airboat Member

Warpdrive replacement options

Post by FatMan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:01 pm

all six blades struck the cage in a roll over and destroyed themselves. Its a SBC with a rotator gear. Should we try to reblade it or swap to something else? The blade assembly is a double stack of 3 and this design looks a little dated. Any feed back would be great.
JUST ADMIT IT!! YOU CANT AFFORD IT!

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Warpdrive replacement options

Post by justin m » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:49 pm

It'll more than likely be cheaper to go with something else. Those blades alone are usually around 300 or $400 a piece if im not mistaken. I'd look into a 2 or 3 blade from WhirlWind, Sensenich, or Water Walker
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

FatMan
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FatMan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:55 pm

justin m wrote:It'll more than likely be cheaper to go with something else. Those blades alone are usually around 300 or $400 a piece if im not mistaken. I'd look into a 2 or 3 blade from WhirlWind, Sensenich, or Water Walker
Looks as if that's what we will do with this one. Update the boat to a 3 blade configurement.

FatMan
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FatMan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:14 pm

OK next question. The boat in discussion here is an old 15 ft panther, 330 hp SBC w 2:1 gear. Im know not many of these were ever built :D but wondering who has a 3 blade set up and what are the specs? Just looking to go with the masses on this one. Thanks :usa:

BlowInIt
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by BlowInIt » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:58 pm

With 2:1 ratio box your best bet would be a 2 blade R series imo

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Yes 2 blade R or NGR. 3 blade is to much prop
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

FatMan
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FatMan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:30 am

Thank you for the suggestions Ive recently viewed two other boats running Sensenich 78" 3 blade carbon fiber with same set up and they perform very well. I believe they are both R type blades but will have to get more info from them. We want to use a 3 blade for future engine HP increases without having too much more worries about findind other props.

SwampCritter84
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by SwampCritter84 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:36 pm

FatMan wrote:Thank you for the suggestions Ive recently viewed two other boats running Sensenich 78" 3 blade carbon fiber with same set up and they perform very well. I believe they are both R type blades but will have to get more info from them. We want to use a 3 blade for future engine HP increases without having too much more worries about findind other props.
better do it quick, because that three blade may not work well on your boat with that ratio and as big of a boat it is. JMO but a 2 blade is prob the ticket. 80" then when you go to more power you can sell the hub and get a 3 bld hub and another blade. you may find that if you buy the 3 bld you will instantly be looking for that power.. :banghead:
Cast Iron Corruption on its way

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:38 pm

Call patti at whirlwind and Get six razor xs put them in your hub and ride out youre lookin at way more money for a big 3 blade also the big hollow blades are gonna make your gear raise hell
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Birddog247
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Post by Birddog247 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:06 pm

FatMan wrote:OK next question. The boat in discussion here is an old 15 ft panther, 330 hp SBC w 2:1 gear. Im know not many of these were ever built :D but wondering who has a 3 blade set up and what are the specs? Just looking to go with the masses on this one. Thanks :usa:
I've got your same combo swinging an 80 inch NGR on the 2 mark. Couldn't be happier! If I ever add horsepower I will buy a blade and a hub.
12ft Palm Beach
stock 350sbc
2.1 gear/80"NGR

"Save a tree; eat a beaver"!

FatMan
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FatMan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:29 pm

This is very good info,Thanks again for the input. :thumbleft:

FatMan
Southern Airboat Member

Post by FatMan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Bruce wrote:Call patti at whirlwind and Get six razor xs put them in your hub and ride out youre lookin at way more money for a big 3 blade also the big hollow blades are gonna make your gear raise hell
I looked at this option and that would approach 2000.00. With that kind of an investment I prefer to get more typical 2-3 blade.

CONTINENTAL CRACKER
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by CONTINENTAL CRACKER » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:38 am

I had two buddy the same hp and box . They both had a 78" three blade h. Now they have ngr blade. They both love the props. Had real good push and snap.for your money a thee blade is the way to go. You should look in the classifieds to see if some one has six warp drive blades for sale. But I would still go with a new three blade. Call sensenich and talk with them. They can tell you what prop is best for your set up.
I WOULD RATHER PADDLE A CANOE THAN OWN A WATERPUMPER

Bruce
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bruce » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:07 am

FatMan wrote:
Bruce wrote:Call patti at whirlwind and Get six razor xs put them in your hub and ride out youre lookin at way more money for a big 3 blade also the big hollow blades are gonna make your gear raise hell
I looked at this option and that would approach 2000.00. With that kind of an investment I prefer to get more typical 2-3 blade.
Personal preference i guess, im a fan of snap, push, and a quiet gearbox
12 foot Mamba "The Underdog"
Tired Gpu 520,Whirlwind Razor X

Return to “Prop Talk”