wanna try some props

Airboat propeller discussion.
swampinn
Southern Airboat Member

wanna try some props

Post by swampinn »

any of the dealers wanna let me try some props on my 200? im in southwest fl, fort myers to be exact looking to purchase a new prop but theres so many options i have money in hand.
Shaine Green

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: wanna try some props

Post by plumcrazy »

we let folks try our product at water walker just have to set a time for a prop test our number is below call us

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Post by justin m »

If you're wanting to try a Sensenich, get with Terry Farkas at Dyna Marine Airboats. He's a very good guy and can help you get the right prop for your boat
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

DannySauls
Southern Airboat Member

Post by DannySauls »

Call me I'm down in lake placid and can help you if your interested in a whirlwind have a couple of props we can try on your 200

Rich863
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Rich863 »

Hey Justin how do you like that sig series
:old_glory: :florida:

billford216
Southern Airboat Member

Post by billford216 »

I didn't notice what kind of hull you had that 200 on, but I have an 11'6" DB ultralight with a 200 on it and tried several props before deciding on the 70" Sensenich NGH. I have the 72" blades in the short hub. I tried the 68" blades in the medium hub and my current set up performed better all around. My boat runs mid 50's and goes anywhere on dry ground. I also tried a 70" 5 blade Saber, 70" NGQ, 70" Q, and a 70" 3 blade Excalibur. The results were as follows:

70" 5 blade Saber: smoothest of all tested, most responsive, fast, lots of fun to ride with but was worried about low end push on dry
70" NGQ: amazing low end push, weird harmonic sound at cruise, fell on its face at top end
70" Q: performance all across the board
70 3 blade Excalibur: smooth, responsive, fast, but no bottom end push

I am no expert and I'm sure everyone's results will vary depending on their set up. I'm only offering my experience as a reference. I plan on buying the 5 blade Saber to run locally since we don't run dry often, and keep my NGH for running Kissimmee area.

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

70 ngq must have had winglets cut off. I have the prop for ur 200. 68"NGQ . Has it all. :D
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

justin m
Southern Airboat Member

Post by justin m »

Hey Rich, It pushes really good on my set up. Really been thinking about a 3 blade whirlwind though. I've had WhirlWind on all of my boats besides this one and i'm thinking that might be the next route
A/V 540 on a 13ft Navigator hull, swingin a 72" 2 blade WW signature series. Go boat, not a show boat.

swampinn
Southern Airboat Member

Post by swampinn »

terry are you going to be able to get this new vortex prop i am intrested to see how that performs in a 3 blade configuration. what would pricing on something like that run?
Shaine Green

ptr34
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by ptr34 »

Yes sir
if u don't run dry .then should have gotten a bassboat
tons videos on YouTube ptr34

Return to “Prop Talk”