Excaliber 4 blade bowtie

Airboat propeller discussion.
LSX1
Southern Airboat Member

Excaliber 4 blade bowtie

Post by LSX1 »

Will a 72'' 4 blade bowtie Excaliber be good for a all around woods prop for a IO550 going on a 10'6x6'8 Deckover sled. I already had a Q AND WARP DRIVES on other boats and not considering those,I'm looking for good mid range and top in speed. My buddy has a 6 blade SABER stagger 72'' on a pumped up AV IO540 and goes anywhere, and I don't want to copy him if I can help it. So will the Excaliber be a good choice. Thanks LSX1

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: Excaliber 4 blade bowtie

Post by Deano »

Am only a casual observer in this case, but I'd think that it would kick that a$$.
Here is some related reading for your entertainment:

http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/v ... 2A#p622701

http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/v ... 33&t=58683
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

digginfool
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by digginfool »

I have a 72" Excalibur with a very healthy SV 540 on an 11 foot Don Davis. The Excalibur has tremendous push. My boat accelerates like a beast but it's not a top end prop. Much like a Q, great push, falls off up top. Personally, it's exactly what I was looking for. If you're running the woods, why are you interested in top end? Get with some of the distributors. Most will let you try several props. Personally, I highly recommend the Excalibur.
“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it” - Bastiat

trailerdon
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by trailerdon »

I would think a 10' 6'' sled w/ a 0550 would go any where with any prop you choose.

LSX1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by LSX1 »

Yea Trailer I'm not worried about getting stuck ,I just want it to be all it can be on the top end.

GeeLeDouche
Southern Airboat Member

Post by GeeLeDouche »

imo you want skinny blades if you are looking for "go fast" blades.
16x8 Utah style hull With a Waterthunder motor W/ 2.3 CH3 reduction swinging a 3 blade 78" R.
&
17-51 Legend craft w/pods pushed by a MB HD7000

HAMMERHEAD
Southern Airboat Member

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

There is virtually no difference in the performance between the Excalibur or a six blade prop when it comes to speed! I have tested them all. I would go with the excaliber for the ride boat. Jmo

LSX1
Southern Airboat Member

Post by LSX1 »

That's what I was hoping for HAMMER. Does B-WHITE sanction race with a Excalibur or anybody else you know of, I also wonder does SIDEJOBS still run his. Thanks LSX1

Return to “Prop Talk”