Sensenich J series prop

Airboat propeller discussion.
supersnake60
Southern Airboat Member

Re: Sensenich J series prop

Postby supersnake60 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Sensenich j series the same as whirlwind blade that is big copy cat hub is same and lock on the hub is same what next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorick
Southern Airboat Member

Postby lorick » Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Me being very happy with my J modified 3 blade Dura skin and 3D what a difference from the Q

br,lc,LA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby br,lc,LA » Wed May 24, 2017 5:01 pm

supersnake60 wrote:Sensenich j series the same as whirlwind blade that is big copy cat hub is same and lock on the hub is same what next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whirlwind and Sensenich discussed openly and decided to standardize on that hub design for the industry in the interest of the consumer. So yes its a "copy" so to speak but guess what, it was in "our" (the people who buy the products) interest so we can just buy blades from who we want to in the future w/o buying hubs if we want to swap blade brands. So what are you complaining about?
2016 American Airboat's AirRanger pushed by an Airboat Pros 2015 1.4L GM Ecotec... "Nothin' as Fine as Hearing a Turbo Whine"

DAGWOOD0520
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Postby DAGWOOD0520 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:31 am

Sorry about the confusion on what we are trying to do with our new line...
Most Airboater's know that originally, Sensenich came into the composite Airboat market to build replacement blades for Powershift products way back when. We produced just blades for guys that needed something in a crunch or that could not wait for a repair to be completed. Later down the road, some manufactures would buy our competitors hubs and put our blades in as new complete assemblies. As time passed, hubs became hard to get so we then moved into hub production of our own... As years passed we introduced many new blade concepts and eventually reached a point that we figured it would be in our best interest to switch gears and instead of adding to a product line to the same hub system, we sought to build a new line that will interchange with another big supplier to this market. This will not only help the industry’s leading manufacturers, but it will also help anyone setting up a boat, be able to use a Whirlwind or Sensenich product without having to worry about clearance issues. We are kind of repeating what we have done from day one.., even with the Saber, that was introduced as a Warp replacement, after some time of customers using our blades and only purchasing hub assemblies from them, problems with hub assemblies also became an issue.

I guess you could say that we went all in this time, and really tried to give our hubs a very different look along with features not common from our competition. Customers, that really study products in this market, can see that there are many differences between the new J series line and V hub models, kind of like wheels and tires.. they all mount the same way, but the look and tire options can be very different.
Our J series line was developed with the future in mind, many of the blades are built with wider chords and more aggressive airfoils knowing that many new boats are built with better hull designs, more powerful engines and Reduction units that use less power. Many of our older blade models still work great for many applications, but we have to be ready for the future or face being left behind. To move ahead, you have to constantly push the envelope of innovation, this is where more efficient and better products come from. We hope that in the future, we will be ready for what is next and excited about what lies ahead in this industry.
Thanks for reading this and I hope it clears up some of the questions.

Thanks,

br,lc,LA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby br,lc,LA » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 am

Good email Darrin. Steve and I had the same conversation at Freedom Ride this year.
2016 American Airboat's AirRanger pushed by an Airboat Pros 2015 1.4L GM Ecotec... "Nothin' as Fine as Hearing a Turbo Whine"

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 pm

DAGWOOD0520 wrote:Sorry about the confusion on what we are trying to do with our new line...
Most Airboater's know that originally, Sensenich came into the composite Airboat market to build replacement blades for Powershift products way back when. We produced just blades for guys that needed something in a crunch or that could not wait for a repair to be completed. Later down the road, some manufactures would buy our competitors hubs and put our blades in as new complete assemblies. As time passed, hubs became hard to get so we then moved into hub production of our own... As years passed we introduced many new blade concepts and eventually reached a point that we figured it would be in our best interest to switch gears and instead of adding to a product line to the same hub system, we sought to build a new line that will interchange with another big supplier to this market. This will not only help the industry’s leading manufacturers, but it will also help anyone setting up a boat, be able to use a Whirlwind or Sensenich product without having to worry about clearance issues. We are kind of repeating what we have done from day one.., even with the Saber, that was introduced as a Warp replacement, after some time of customers using our blades and only purchasing hub assemblies from them, problems with hub assemblies also became an issue.

I guess you could say that we went all in this time, and really tried to give our hubs a very different look along with features not common from our competition. Customers, that really study products in this market, can see that there are many differences between the new J series line and V hub models, kind of like wheels and tires.. they all mount the same way, but the look and tire options can be very different.
Our J series line was developed with the future in mind, many of the blades are built with wider chords and more aggressive airfoils knowing that many new boats are built with better hull designs, more powerful engines and Reduction units that use less power. Many of our older blade models still work great for many applications, but we have to be ready for the future or face being left behind. To move ahead, you have to constantly push the envelope of innovation, this is where more efficient and better products come from. We hope that in the future, we will be ready for what is next and excited about what lies ahead in this industry.
Thanks for reading this and I hope it clears up some of the questions.

Thanks,

Good post and it does make perfect sense! People normally buy what works or economics of what works on there budget! I bought the JX complete for the soul reason that it was referred as a light S blade, just what I needed. I have found that the JX is a bit dead vs the S down low? The JX acts like a big block off the line as best as I can describe it. Or maybe a old dirt bike with a power band? When it grabs, it's a kick in the seat but so far it's nothing like the S or NGR or sabers at low end?
I wish I could say it's smooth but anyone that has ridden old dirt bikes will know what I'm saying. When that power band kicks, hang on!

br,lc,LA
Southern Airboat Member

Postby br,lc,LA » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Try a motor with VVT. Feel the kick

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:43 am

With those S blades the engineers got it right! They push through the entire range if you have the power to spin them.
That said, it's hard to improve on a product that is already excellent.

Proto I run with a guy who has a some what similar build and ratio to mine. He has WaterWalker Maximus blades. They push real good but it appears they need to spin up or spool before you see the snap of push. We sort of describe it as similar to a stall converter on a hot rod. It lets the engine get rpm before it loads and then the power and push pop. Is that similar to your J experience?

Return to “Prop Talk”