Trailer supplier in Central Florida

Best airboat discussion on the internet.
xshydro
Southern Airboat Member

Trailer supplier in Central Florida

Postby xshydro » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:45 am

I would like to replace my old galvanized trailer with a new aluminum one. Does anybody know of an affordable airboat trailer maker in Central Florida? How much should I anticipate paying for a new aluminum trailer? Thanks in advance!

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: Trailer supplier in Central Florida

Postby Deano » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:03 am

Whether you contact him first, or last, you owe it to yourself to talk to Chris
(aka Smuggler on here), before you commit to anything else. I believe his number is still 352-428-9626

There are many threads here, all positive, that reflect his attention to detail, etc. This is just the first one I came to:
https://southernairboat.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63691

If you [Search] his posts for ' trailer* ', there will probably be more reading than you care to do. :salute:
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby CarMotorBarge » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:28 am

B&S Trailers out of Reddick Florida is another option.
14x7.5 Al David hull with 14 inch transom
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.68 Rotator soft drive swinging 4 blade 83.5" R
GTO Rigging and B&S Tilt Trailer
Member of Seminole Airboat Club

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:12 pm

Both are good/great!
I own 3 B&S and 1 CMI. The advantage is both know your hull and needs before you do!
I did have an issue with my last B&S where they pinched a wire under a axle bolt and my last CMI was supplied with one of the cheapest winch straps I've ever seen, and tires that didn't last 2 years, but that's details!
Both are good and both have no control over the supplies they use? Nice thought of 1000 plus light hours but 300 is real lucky to get out of them suckers. I also spec marathons and B&S Cliff is the only supplier to adhere to that!
Just have to spec your needs and go for it? The base structure is about identical.

Smuggler
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby Smuggler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:12 am

We are located in Brooksville and our standard all aluminum trailer is $2,350. Here are a couple pics of our standard trailer..

For more information give me a call 352-428-9626 or check out our website AirboatStuff.com
Thanks!
Chris

Chrisco148
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Chrisco148 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:33 am

Great looking trailer! I have an Owen and son out of st. Pete, a little pricey but great quality... just a suggestion.
:old_glory: 16' freedom craft, 472DD, 72" WW sig. series. :florida:

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 am

Do you build trailers for all boats , or just airboats?

BANANA BOAT
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby BANANA BOAT » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Continental

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Southern Airboat mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Smuggler
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby Smuggler » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:41 am

Gary S wrote:Do you build trailers for all boats , or just airboats?

We have done a few boat trailers for boats that resemble airboats but our main focus is specializing in custom airboat trailers. We are building a new shop now and as soon as we get moved in, we should have the room to venture into different aluminum boat trailers as well as aluminum utility and car trailers. We should be moved into the new shop in the next month or so..

Gary S
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby Gary S » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:35 am

Good to know, don't need one now but might in the future. Good to here your doing good enough for a improvement.

xshydro
Southern Airboat Member

Postby xshydro » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi Smuggler, Do you use stainless hardware on those trailers? My boat is a 13' diamondback and I primarily use it on the east coast of FL in saltwater...

If not included, how much with the stainless?

krazymatt
Southern Airboat Member

Postby krazymatt » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Dakota airboats in Melbourne. He makes both steel and aluminum. Stainless hardware on the alum trailers. Any options you want. 321 863 2312 http://www.dakotaairboats.com/aluminum-trailers.html

Smuggler
Site Supporter - VII
Site Supporter - VII

Postby Smuggler » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:05 am

xshydro wrote:Hi Smuggler, Do you use stainless hardware on those trailers? My boat is a 13' diamondback and I primarily use it on the east coast of FL in saltwater...

If not included, how much with the stainless?

Yes sir every bit of the hardware is stainless steel, all the accessories are aluminum, the ONLY galvanized components on it is the 3500 lb torsion axle and the rims, all the lights are LED, all the boards are mounted with counter sunk bolts (no lag bolts to work loose), true double bent I beams that we run the full length of the trailer, 1500 lb dual wheel jack, and carpeted fender backs are all standard equipment on our trailers.

Also we don't build a one size fits all trailer. We stock several different width axles and build each trailer to fit your hull exactly.

Your more then welcome to come by and check one out for yourself. If you don't want to make the drive over here, we have a ton of trailers on the east coat, I'm sure if you go to any boat ramp on the weekend you'll be able to see our trailers in person. Just look for the ones with the "Custom Airboat Trailers" sticker that have my phone number 352-428-9626.

If you do order from us I will meet you with it when it's done so you don't have to drive all the way over here.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your interest!

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:06 am

Chris aka Smuggler builds a very nice trailer for the price. Anyone who goes over to Mr. Branches shop can see one, his is in the backyard with a Jimmy White hull sitting on it. You guys who know how anal Mr Branch can be for him to buy one, you know he must have been impressed.

Chris has always been helpful and has recently set up an Internet airboat parts service. I placed an order with him last week in fact for rudder bushings and a push button flag holder drilled to allow the shaft to retract thru the base.

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby CarMotorBarge » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:09 pm

What is the address for the website?
419 CI Horsepower Barn LS3 with 2.68 Rotator soft drive swinging 4 blade 83.5" R

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Deano » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:24 pm

CarMotorBarge wrote:What is the address for the website?
http://www.airboatstuff.com
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

CarMotorBarge
Site Supporter - I
Site Supporter - I

Postby CarMotorBarge » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 am

Fast ship fyi my order came over the weekend and was accurate.

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 pm

SWAMPHUNTER45 wrote:Chris aka Smuggler builds a very nice trailer for the price. Anyone who goes over to Mr. Branches shop can see one, his is in the backyard with a Jimmy White hull sitting on it. You guys who know how anal Mr Branch can be for him to buy one, you know he must have been impressed.

Chris has always been helpful and has recently set up an Internet airboat parts service. I placed an order with him last week in fact for rudder bushings and a push button flag holder drilled to allow the shaft to retract thru the base.

Ouch!
There is a real good legal reason that the original flag holder is not a pass through or pull down now!

Prototype
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Prototype » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Ironically if your real anal you might glaze over why some capped lugs bust and some don't? Chrome steel capped lug nuts on steel studs!

Not a great combo with common saltwater launches but alum mags dictate that lug nut.

Rick McC.
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Rick McC. » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:47 pm

I haven't needed a trailer, but I had Chris make me some aluminum guide-on brackets a few days ago.

They're top quality, were made on time, and at the price agreed upon.

He's definitely got my business from now on!
"Sights are for the unenlightened."
Rick
http://guntipsandtalk.com

kwanjangnihm
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby kwanjangnihm » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm

posting photo for swamp :salute:

" I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that? "

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Prototype wrote:Ironically if your real anal you might glaze over why some capped lugs bust and some don't? Chrome steel capped lug nuts on steel studs!

Not a great combo with common saltwater launches but alum mags dictate that lug nut.

Not sure what your talking about Proto ?

Happened to swing by the Branch shop today to check on a engine build I'm starting soon and figured I would look at the trailer Smuggler built for him. It has standard steel lugs and nuts just like my B&S. I took a pic the resident IT guy will post when he gets time.

As far as a flag holder with a hole drilled in it share the "LEGAL REASON" you feel this item is an issue because there is no federal CFR or Florida statute that regulates the mounting hardware for an airboat flag. Florida statute only states the minimum height from the "lowest point of the airboat" to the flag shall be 10 ft with the flag being international orange and at least 10x12inches, visible from all angles.

SWAMPHUNTER45
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby SWAMPHUNTER45 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Thanks Kwan appreciate you IT skills

**** my flag is mounted with ******* zip ties now this holder is gonna be a big upgrade! :lol:

Junker
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby Junker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:01 am

Prototype wrote:
Ouch!
There is a real good legal reason that the original flag holder is not a pass through or pull down now!

I would hazard to guess that where most folks mount the flag is at the top of the cage, thus inserting the flag mast down into the path of the prop when retracted ............... possibly getting sidetracked after launch and getting a nasty surprise upon hitting the start switch ............
14 x 8 Hamant
383 - 2.38 Stinger
80" 3 Blade
Stainless rigged

Return to “Airboat Talk”