Update on Bullfrog Bud

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
RiverRat
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Re: Update on Bullfrog Bud

Post by RiverRat »

cetchdawg wrote:~AMEN~ dusty!!

I dont know anyone on this forum but once I started reading this thread I could not stop and by the time i got to the last post I felt like I have known mr. Bud my whole life.

My thoughts and prayers are with Bud and his family!!!!!!!
Cetchdawg,
Some time last summer I guess it was, I was beating around the net looking for something and somehow stumbled into SA from a link - I think from something I saw being auctioned off on ebay that had a link to the first thread they ran on here about Bullfrog Bud. I clicked on the link and the very first thing I saw on this web site was a picture of Bud's boat in his yard, with I believe maybe Cowboy standing beside it. Bud doesn't know it, as I've never had the opportunity to meet him, but after reading that thread and learning about what he did, he made an impression on me that will last a lifetime. I don't mind saying, I was even more so profoundly touched by what these guys on here were doing for him, which is why I continued to hang around.

Bud,
Thank you, Sir, and God bless.

Prayers sent from ole Bama.

- Rat
Last edited by RiverRat on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiverRat
Beautiful Crocker Junction, Alabama

T-REX
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by T-REX »

AMEN. Bud we all have a date with you in a month so hang in there.......big ride coming up and my son looking forward to seeing you again- as im sure many of us are. :) we love ya man.

cetchdawg
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cetchdawg »

RiverRat wrote: Cetchdawg,
Some time last summer I guess it was, I was beating around the net looking for something and somehow stumbled into SA from a link - I think from something I saw being auctioned off on ebay that had a link to the first thread they ran on here about Bullfrog Bud. I clicked on the link and the very first thing I saw on this web site was a picture of Bud's boat in his yard, with I believe maybe Cowboy standing beside it. Bud doesn't know it, as I've never had the opportunity to meet him, but after reading that thread and learning about what he did, he made an impression on me that will last a lifetime. I don't mind saying, I was even more so profoundly touched by what these guys on here were doing for him, which is why I continued to hang around. Made me want to be an Airboater in a bad kind of way.

Bud,
Thank you, Sir, and God bless.

Prayers sent from ole Bama.

- Rat
Well, river rat since I posted my last post I just could not stop thinking about how much he reminded me of an old friend, I went and got him a card and wrote to him and explained to him how he has touched so many people even ones he has never met!!!!! :angel7:
Then i started searching this site and learned way more than i ever expected.. About how he helped save those plane crash victims,how everyone came together to rebuild his old boat this man has done alot how i would love to sit around a camp fire and listen to some story's. One could learn alot from a man of such caliber but probably never learn half of what someone like bullfrog bud knows ..

Whitebear
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Whitebear »

cetchdawg

I think the way to say it real short is.....

Bud Marquis has forgot more about airboating and being a gladesman then most folks will ever learn.

Scotty
"The Constitution is not so the government can restrain the people, it is so the people can restrain the government." Patrick Henry
The government cannot give anything --
that they have not first taken from someone else.

goldhunter_2
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by goldhunter_2 »

any new information on How Bud is doing?

Support our future , get a kid involved in the outdoors!!

:rebel:

T-REX
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by T-REX »

bump :(

wtfjr
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by wtfjr »

Took Nancy to Bud about 2 hrs ago, he is stable and still in ICU. He had a procedure done on Weds and is back on the breathing machine, but his spirit seemed good. He has really been through a lot these past 3 weeks. If I get anymore details that look any different I will let someone know. I have talked to John C and I know he is out of town, so I will try to post something till he returns. Keep Bud in your prayers, he is still not out of the woods yet!
Ted :roll:

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic »

Well thats certainly better news than you could have told us! :D We'll take it... everyday is a new day and new opportunity for Bud to improve, and I'm sure Bud is gonna get stronger and stronger with each one of our prayers... So I'm sending up another one!!

T :D
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

desertgrl
Southern Airboat Member

Post by desertgrl »

Hi yall, talked to mom last night and it seems Dad is looking better his color is good and he is moving both arms and legs, guess the surgery did help he is still on the ventilator so cant talk but
someone left a book on his door to his room and when he saw it he wouldnt let go just wanted to hold it and look at it but mom has to bring up his glasses today for that...the book was comprised of all the thing about dad with the memorial etc. so very nice thanks for the book..keep the prayers and cards coming he is not allowed flowers or plants in ICU but cards are welcomed he would love to read them send to his home address: Robert Marquis 18975 Sw 316th st Homestead Florida 33030 mom will
definately get them to him..mom is really tired and stressed out but is holding her own thanks to Ted for all your help..prayers need to keep coming I pray every night so far so good the trick now is to get him off the ventilator. Thank you over and over for all your prayers and concern...love Terri

K-mac
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by K-mac »

God please bless Bud and Nancy, and all the folks
down there close that are helping out and keeping
a close eye on things. Amen.
If the south would'a won we'da had it made!

MrTodd2U
Southern Airboat Member

Post by MrTodd2U »

Tried to call his house and hospital with no answer at either one. The operator told me Bud is in room # 2114. I'll try again later. With the races going on in Homestead, it's hell to try and visit Bud. All the traffic is directed to the speedway. I didn't want to go there but they wouldn't let me turn around. Finally banged a u-turn and ran over some cones to get out of there. Crazy traffic in Homestead this weekend.
It's not age that counts.... It's miles!

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by John C »

I just spoke with Ted. Not a lot of new info. Bud's still hanging in there. He can't talk because the breathing tube is still in place. Ted is going to call me tomorrow with an update. I hope to be able to drive down and see him again in the next few days. Keep the prayers coming.

God bless
John C

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by John C »

I drove down to Homestead and saw Bud today. He's still hanging in there. Its been a rough ride for him. His color looked good today, but you could tell that he is tired. He's been fighting to get better for a long time now. He is still on the ventilator so he can't talk. They are keeping him sedated but when you walk in the room he can recognize you. When you talk to him he will nod his head to let you know that he understands what you are saying. I tried to give him some words of encouragement and let him know that we are all praying for him. I know that he just wants to go home. He's tired of all the poking and proding and all the tubes and IV's. I told him that he had to be strong for Mrs. Nancy. She seemed to be doing well today and was glad to see me. But you could tell this has been hard on her and their son Don. As always Nancy says Thank You to you folks on Southern Airboat. I will drive back down for another visit soon. I will try to keep you posted. Please keep Bud and Nancy in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank You and God Bless
John C

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

Thanks, John ... prayers have never stopped up here. I'm ready to see the Bullfrog ride again. At least once more. Please?
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

D-BREWSTER
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by D-BREWSTER »

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW JOHN C IS MAKING A 3 HOUR TRIP EACH WAY TO CHECK ON BUD !! JOHN C THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOUR DOING BROTHER , GOD WILL BLESS YOU 10 FOLD FOR THE LOVE YOUR SHOWING BUD AND HIS FAMILY.. I HOPE ALOT OF THE GUYS WHO LIVE A HECK OF ALOT CLOSER WILL DO THE SAME AND GO TRY TO LIFT BUDS SPIRTS..
UNITED SPORTSMEN FOR TRADITIONAL HERITAGE
http://usfth.tripod.com/
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/usfth?ref=stream
Lastflcracker@centurylink.net
member of the USFTH ,K.R.V.S.A.,
Outlaw Airboat and Buggy board http://www.usfth.com

Olf Art
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Olf Art »

I hate to have to say this Dusty but there are people that call themselves airboaters, and who probably live 20 minutes from that hospital, and who belong to the same club (AAoF) that Bud is a Life Member of, that haven't been up to check on him.

That completely SUCKS that a man who cares for him can drive three hours, but you people can't get off your sorry asses to even make a visit? Tell me how that works? :?

I'm tempted to withdraw all of my support for the Dec. 6th Anniversary ride and tell y'all to just go on and do what it is that you gotta do that's more important.

I'm pissed.
"I know not what tomorrow may bring, but I know Who brings tomorrow."
Member: KRVSA, FAA, TAA, and life member NRA and VFW

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by John C »

OK, lets not let this turn into anything negitive. Everyone has their right to their own opinion. But I think it's important that we support this ride for Bud. A couple of guys from AAOF called me and said they would meet me when I went down to see Bud. Yesterday was just a last minute decision to run down there. I made a call on the way down there, no answer, I left a message. I did not get a return call untill I had allready left the hospital. Buds is still in ICU. you can't visit with him very long if your not family. When the nurse asked me if I was family I just say not immediate family. but still family. The way I see it Southern Airboat Family is still Family. Nancy could use some some words of encouragement right now. Give her a call. It's hard to get through sometimes. You may have to try more than once. Bud and Nancy's Ph# is 305-248-2723. Ask her how Bud is doing, and if you live within driving distance ask when would be a good time to visit with him. They were talking about removing the breathing tube on Thursday and doing a trache. Let's try and remain positive for ol Bud. I will be looking for Todd to post up somemore info on the ride. Its getting close. Cherpa had a good idea, getting one of those big cards and having everyone sign it. That will put a smile on Buds face. I did not mention this earlier, I guess all the talk was on how Bud was doing. On my last visit when I walked into Buds room he was quick to tell the nurse This is one of the guy's from Southern Airboat I have been telling you about. Well when I walked out of the room the nurse told me that all bud talkes about is his airboating buddy's. He had told her all about the ride last year and the plane crash. He keeps the magazines with the articiles of the ride next to his bed. I just want to let you know that he is proud to be one of us. And Thank You for making a difference in this wonderfull mans life.

God Bless
John C

D-BREWSTER
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by D-BREWSTER »

I just want to let you know that he is proud to be one of us. And Thank You for making a difference in this wonderfull mans life.
JOHN YOU GOT THAT ONE BACKWARDS BROTHER !! WERE PROUD TO BE ONE OF HIM AND PROUD TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH A GUY LIKE YOU !! AND THAT MANS TOUCHED ARE HEARTS MORE THEN WE CAN EVER THANK HIM IN MY BOOK..

THERES ALWAYS BEEN A CORE HANDFULL OF FOLKS THAT REALLY TOOK BUDDY IN THEIR HEARTS AND GOT SUCH JOY OUT OF HELPING HIM AND BEING PART OF HIS LIFE AND YOUR ONE OF THEM FOLKS JOHN C. ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS.. WE JUST WANT TO SEE THAT BUD AND MRS. NANCY DONT WANT FOR ANYTHING RIGHT NOW ESPECIALY MONEY FOR SIMPLE BILLS. FOR ALOT OF US OUR DUTY'S DIDNT END LAST YEAR AFTER THE RUN. WE WANT TO PUT A LIL MONEY IN THE FAMILYS POCKET EVERY CHANCE WE GET.. LIKE OLF SAID WE HAVE 3,000 MEMBERS IF EVERY ONE SENT A DOLLAR WE'D PUT 3,000 DOLLARS IN THEIR BANK ACCOUNT FOR THEM , IF WE ALL SENT 10 BUCKS WE'D PUT 30 GRAND IN THERE FOR THEM.. I KNOW TIMES ARE TUFF !! BELIEVE ME IM IN A BAD WAY RIGHT NOW WITH HEALTH AND BILLS , BUT I KNOW I FOUND 10 BUCKS FOR BUDDY.. NOT ONE PERSON HAS DONATED THREW ME OR OLF ! I KNOW ITS A MEMORIAL RIDE FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED , BUT WHY NOT MAKE BUDDY A FEW BUCK IN THE PROCESS ? IM SURE THE A.A.O.F. DONT MIND SO WHY CANT WE MAKE A COUPLE BUCKS FOR BUDDY AT THIS RUN ON DEC. 6TH ? WHY NOT CHARGE 5 OR 10 BUCKS A HAND FOR THE POKER RUN AND GIVE IT TO BUDDY ? ALL THE AIRBOATERS ARE DONATING THE FOOD , WHY NOT CHARGE A FEW BUCKS A PLATE AND GIVE IT TO BUDDY ? HERE IT IS THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS AND ONE OF OUR OWN HERO'S IS LAYING IN A BED AND CANT BREATH ON HIS OWN AND WE CANT FIND IT IN OUR HEARTS TO SEND 10 BUCKS ???? OR MAIL AND CARD OR STOP BY AND SEE HIM IF YOU LIVE CLOSE ENOUGH ?

COME ON GUY'S I KNOW WERE BETTER THEN THAT !!
UNITED SPORTSMEN FOR TRADITIONAL HERITAGE
http://usfth.tripod.com/
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/usfth?ref=stream
Lastflcracker@centurylink.net
member of the USFTH ,K.R.V.S.A.,
Outlaw Airboat and Buggy board http://www.usfth.com

John C
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by John C »

Thanks for the positive words Dusty. You have always been there from the begining, and I couldn't agree with you more. We have an opertunity to do some good here for one of our own in time of need. It is the season. I'm all for doing what we can to help ol Bud out on this ride. Maybe we can come up with some ideas and get the thread for the ride fired up. Dec.6 will be here before you know it. I just got off the phone with Ron Infantino, one of the survivors of the plane crash. They have been networking and are going to go see Bud on Saturday. I just can't believe this all happened from a fall in a parking lot. Anyway, lets do what Airboaters do and help if you can. I did recieve a check for $100 from someone who contacted via PM. They may want to remain anonymous. You know who you are. Nancy says Thank You. It brought a tear to her eye. She says she loves you all, and Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Champ18ft
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Champ18ft »

Folks,
This has been along Thread. Times are tough and their gonna get tougher. We have sent our Prayers and still are. I have never met Bud or Nancy,but look forward doing so. We can not give up on one of ours. If Ole Fart will post where we can contribute to Bud, I will make a pledge. I pledge to all Lycoming owners to meet my pledge of 10.00. I also pledge to all Clankenentials and Car Motors that us Lycoming owners have allowed to share the waters ways with the same.
Bob
13-5' Gilleo Lazer 0-540 A/V 74" Q
ImageImage

buckshotbob
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI
Location: Jupiter, Fl (currently living in North Carolina - Mountains)

Post by buckshotbob »

:bounce: :bounce: CHAMP 18! You da man buddy! I'M gona raise mine ta 20! :bounce: :bounce: :D
Buckshot Bob
B TRP 1-32 1 BCT 101st AASLT

painterchic
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by painterchic »

I'm most certainly in, I was just gonna bring it down with me to Buds ride, but if its needed right now I'll be more than happy to put a check in the mail. Just say the word... And I'll go one step further... I'm gonna be bringing some airboat decals down with me to Bud's ride, I'm going to donate all my time and materials for the decals, but for every donation over $5.00, I'll GIVE you a decal for your vehicle. If you are not going to be able to make Bud's ride, please still contribute if you can, just send your donation and your address to Olf Art and he can give me the list of addresses, and I'll even pick up the postage to send you one as a thank you from me.

T :D
Painterchic Custom Paint and Vinyl
607-345-9394
PainterchicVinyl@gmail.com

www.Painterchic.com
Tonia Painterchic Suarez on Facebook
Painterchic Vinyl on Facebook and Etsy
Skeeter Bug Gifts on Facebook

Bob in Canada
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Post by Bob in Canada »

I'm in . If I can do it from a snow covered bush town in Northern Ontario . The FL guys should be able to ......
Bud looks like such a nice ol' dude ... reminds me of my uncle . :D
14x8 Diamondback , 2.38-1 Stinger , 350 GM Marine , Sensenich 3 Blade "R" prop

Champ18ft
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by Champ18ft »

OleFart,
Hope your keepin track
13-5' Gilleo Lazer 0-540 A/V 74" Q
ImageImage

Kitchen Pass
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by Kitchen Pass »

LYCOMING OWNER HERE. WHERE DO I SEND MY PLEDGE? CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE RUN.
MIKE & DONNA

Return to “Airboat Talk”