Kissimmee 911 a cry for help without involving the pro`s

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Limey Chris
Southern Airboat Member

Kissimmee 911 a cry for help without involving the pro`s

Post by Limey Chris » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 am

I finally got my wife to come hunt with me, so we loaded up the boat and dogs and went to Starvation Slough. The river is as low as I can, in my limited time on it , ever remember. When we got to my regular parking spot I got the boat jammed between the banks. In the process of trying to unstick it I managed to snap the stick off.

If anyone is local to the area that can meet me at Cromwell and give me a ride back to my boat I`d be happy to cover gas and any extras you may incur. I believe I can afro engineer the stick by sleeving it and some hose clamps, either that or I put an insert in it. I also need a push or pull to get off the bank. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: HELP

I can be reached at (727) 420 4218

Deano
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Re: Kissimmee 911 a cry for help without involving the pro`s

Post by Deano » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 am

Brother,
I don't recognize the points you reference by name so I guess you aren't real local to me.
Hopefully I am wrong. Can you elaborate where this is? I am able to take the time today to help if I can.
Likely someone else is closer, but then again maybe not. I'll help if I can, where is it?
Deano
"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge; it has no place in the endeavor of science."
- Carl Sagan

Limey Chris
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Limey Chris » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:02 am

Once again I`m overwhelmed by my family on here. Within minutes my phone stared ringing and someone stepped up and offered to help. Thank you SA and all the fine folk associated with it

MikeP
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Post by MikeP » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Did you get it?

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi Chris left you a message so hope you got it going :D :D :D
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:55 pm

what you goona do give him moral support , the thunders down, dont worry continital to the rescue :mrgreen: and i know you were hidin from old plum on sat if not id have spoted you , in the thunder pit huh. tha alright ill find ya sooner or later you can run but you cant hide :mrgreen:you knew i was to cheat to pay tento get in there didnt you :evil:

cetchdawg
Southern Airboat Member

Post by cetchdawg » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:42 pm

Starvation slough.... Man its been a while since ive been there ... I think that is some of the purdyiest county in the state !!!!!!!!

Glad to here someone was able to help out !!!

thats really not a place that is close for many folks !!!

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:47 am

I called chris this morning when i read his situation but Dave had already called him and setup a meet time. Chris forgot to tell me it was gonna be late in the afternoon ... I was gonna be on my way when I called him .. I told chris to get a big bag of cookies for plumcrazy ... he like cookies but can't carry them on his boat LOL

Just messsin with ya plum Glad you got him out CNTRY
Don't waste your time ... it is the only thing you can't get more of
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

airduds
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Post by airduds » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:54 am

Plum, bad as I hate to, I have to defend our buddy Wayne. I know he's not much to look at and you wouldn't take him home to meet Mama, but he will come through in a pinch.

If it wasn't for him (and ultimately Great Airboater Brad), me and the missus would have been in a bad spot one day around last xmas. I called him with the hope he'd call someone else (and it did work out that way) but he was already making preps to come get us on his own from over two hours away.
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

plumcrazy
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Post by plumcrazy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:45 am

got to bang on the big guy and jolly while there down and boatless, cause there both gonna kick my ass all over fl when they get them new boats togeather , and cntry chris did bring me a bag of oreos, itold him i cant accept cookies brewster would get mad, it was good to meet chris, and i was glad his boat was still in one piece after spending the night on the river

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:55 am

Uh huh I bet you passed on the cookies ... this is cntry remember LOL I was worried about the boat myself .. IF anyone finds themselves in a simular situation I would not suggest waiting till morning to call someone ... We love running at night so it is no big deal to come then besides we can sleep when we are dead and the night time makes for better rescue stories.
.. if it accidentally looks like I gave advice please ignore it .. and notify me immediately

Limey Chris
Southern Airboat Member

Post by Limey Chris » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:31 pm

What can i say that ain`t been said over and over. It gladdens the heart and puts a spring in my step to know that a complete stranger will go out of his way to help me. Plum I`m honoured to call you friend. Thank you so much.

I still got cookies. Come to the darkside. ( I don`t reallt get the whole cookies thing, but I can pretend to be one of the cool internet icons) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cntry141iq
Site Supporter - VI
Site Supporter - VI

Post by cntry141iq » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:00 pm

Limey they don't come any starnger than airboaters but when the chips are down we are all friends that just aint met each other yet. Yeah i know there are some who do stupid things like steal airboats but they are not airboaters they just happen to have stole one or bought one it aint the same thing.

HuntingBigun
Site Supporter - VIII
Site Supporter - VIII

Post by HuntingBigun » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:11 pm

cntry141iq wrote:Limey they don't come any starnger than airboaters but when the chips are down we are all friends that just aint met each other yet. Yeah i know there are some who do stupid things like steal airboats but they are not airboaters they just happen to have stole one or bought one it aint the same thing.
That is good stuff right there, Plum while I refit Thunder you get to take a breath, when I get back together I will be looking for that chair & pink umbrella :D :D :D :D :D :D :D See ya Sat
Bigun

http://www.krvsa.com

http://krvsa.com/product/airboat-raffle-tickets/

Click for pics = http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntingbigun/

Killin Time 15.6 Diamondback Deckover Mast 808 Hp SC LS 7 /KRVSA /NRA

Return to “Airboat Talk”