Houston area Airboaters

Longest running airboat discussion on the internet.
Bluecypress
Southern Airboat Member

Houston area Airboaters

Postby Bluecypress » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 am

New to Airboating and looking to hook up with somebody in the Houston area to ride with or at least have a reciprical agreement with to help out if we get in trouble. I have 2 boats and mainly ride a 10' aluminum with a Continental 150 chasing redfish and ducks around the Christmas/Bastrop Bay area.

CULTURED REDNECK
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Re: Houston area Airboaters

Postby CULTURED REDNECK » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:33 am

HOWDY BLUECYPRESS! I LIVE ON THE NORTHSIDE AND HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOME OTHER AIRBOATS IN THE AREA FOR THE EXACT SAME REASON. I REPLACED THE UHMW ON MY BOAT AND ITS SITTING IN THE SHOP WAITING FOR ME TO FINISH MOUNTING THE GAS TANK AND BATTERY BUT IT WONT BE LONG AND I WILL BE BACK ON THE WATER. MY INFO IS ON THE AIRBOATERS HELPING AIRBOATERS SECTION OF THE TEXAS AIRBOAT FORUM ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHERS. I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU ON THE WATER SOMEDAY.
YOUR PAL,
JOSH

HERE IS THE LINK...

http://texasairboatassociation.freeforu ... o-t46.html

rbjscott
Site Supporter - IV
Site Supporter - IV

Postby rbjscott » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:47 am

Hi, I live in the Dayton TX. area. I bought first "Florida Style Airboat" in 1968 and have been airboat ever since. Feel free to contactt me. Bob Scott.
"The price of Freedom is high! And the sound of Freedom is loud!" (Jet fighter pilot)

crowhater
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby crowhater » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:57 am

Hey guys I live in Conroe which is just north of Houston. I run the Port O Connor area, and the Trinity river north of Huntsville. Right now I am getting the gear in my reduction changed but I should be back up and going in a couple weeks. I have been doing airboats for a long time know and I have a garage full of parts. My best friend Matt lives in Huntsville and he also has a real nice boat. Matt has years of this under his belt and his own pile of spare parts. We are already talking about putting a ride together this summer with several other Texas airboat guys from this site ( Jeff, Steven, Burt M, myself, Matt, etc ).
18x8 Alum, 496 BBC, 2.6 CH4, 4B 82" S-blades

lil_armond
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby lil_armond » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Whats up fellas I live in Port Arthur I would like to have a big ride for us guys down here it would be a good time for sure.
''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
-- John Wayne

15' x 8' Alumitech w/ 84" 5 blade Superwide

shiggs
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby shiggs » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Howdy,

I am not too far from you--south of Houston. I have met some good folks because of this site--good to have you on board. Shoot me a PM--and I will give you my contact info. I believe it is on the Texas Airboat site for helping other airboaters as well.

Steve

21DiamondB
Southern Airboat Member

Postby 21DiamondB » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:49 pm

I live on the Northwest side and generally run around near Matagorda and the Port O'Connor area. Been waiting on that message from Jeff to say when that ride is going to be. I've had a bunch of airboats through the years and am on my sixth one right now. I guess I can't seem to get enough. Looking forward to hanging out.
-------- 16.5 x 8 Diamondback - 632ci - Oxbox 2. 55 - Sensenich 5-Blade JX---------

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby rost495 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:13 pm

I'm NW of you, La Grange, and we have 5-6 airboats here IIRC, I run Colorado river, somerville and Palacios/Port O'Connor. I"m ready for a run too as long as the boat is running.

Jeff

Moritz
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Moritz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:46 pm

I live in LAke Jackson . Xmas & Bastrop are in my back yard. If need help call 979 415 4875

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby rost495 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Moritz

Being in LJ< and around boats, would you happen to know Paul Bartlett and if he is still kickin?

Jeff

Lonewolf9029
Site Supporter - V
Site Supporter - V

Postby Lonewolf9029 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi BlueCyprus: I live in Houston, and run from the San Bernard river west to Palacios. Mostly hang out in the Cowtrap and Cedar lakes. Call if your ever in trouble and between all of us someone will help you. 832-434-5259 Don
TAA-426 15' x 7' Panther>>>350>>>2.68 Rotator gearbox>>.Sensenich 3bld 80" "R" series

Moritz
Southern Airboat Member

Postby Moritz » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:53 pm

ros495 Yes I do know Paul very well. I saw him @ the boat ramp last month. He is doing fair. His vision is not to good & is having some difficulty getting around. He has retired from the boat business. His daughter & her husband Mike run the business now. He still lives in Lake Jackson.

airduds
Site Supporter - II
Site Supporter - II

Postby airduds » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:27 am

Just sayin' hey. I lived in Hitchcock '67 - '70. Was an Army Brat (long story). Loved it there. Been back a couple of times over the years. Still have a lot of heart and friends there.
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

rost495
Site Supporter - III
Site Supporter - III

Postby rost495 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:05 am

Moritz
I used to shoot there a LOT in highpower. Paul was and is a super person. Vision has been bad for years, but I didn't see him last time I was there which has been a few years. Only Orville Heady...

If you happen to see him again and remember, PLEASE tell him hello from Jeff Rost, from LaGrange, Highpower shooter! THe man spent some hours coaching me over the years.

Thanks, Jeff

Return to “Airboat Talk”